Thread: Konichiwa, greetings from the remains of the 343 Kokutai

Manual Creation Group 343KKT_Kintaro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 MB

Konichiwa, greetings from the remains of the 343 Kokutai

Hi all, I'm 343KKT_Kintaro, pilot of a virtual Japanese squadron mainly composed by French and Belgian players (but, sadly, a squadron defunct long ago, that was the virtual 343 Kokutai).

I'm here, on the ATAG forum, because Sokol1 of the official IL-2 forums recommended that I come to this forum so that I contact "VO101_TOM" for a very specific request of mine.

Do you copy, VO101_TOM? Over!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Konichiwa, greetings from the remains of the 343 Kokutai

Hi Kokutai.....konichiwa....... and welcome to the ATAG Forum.

I hope that while you are here you will have a good 'mooch around' and take a look through all the information we offer. And while you're about it, have a stab at flying some of the new aircraft that are available in 'Desert Wings - Tobruk?' No Zeros, I'm afraid, but many other beautiful WW11 warbirds that will, no doubt, be of interest to you. Here's hoping that VO101_TOM will be able to help you. I'm sure he will be along soon.

Good luck and......Salute!

3. Likes 343KKT_Kintaro, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 MB

Hello Marlow! I'm Kintaro ("kokutai" means something like "air group").

No, no Zeroes out there, nor Shiden-kais, not for the moment (I admire IL2:1946 fanatics who still use the old good IL-2 software... but BLITZ is so awesome that I can't go back to '46).

1. It's done, VO101_TOM and I are exchanging a few private messages and everything is going well.

2. And... YES! I'm a proud possessor of BLITZ AND "Desert Wings - Tobruk". BLITZ added over 30 flyable aircraft to the original game and Tobruk even added 40 more last Summer. Plenty of content in a high quality simulation. It's amazing.

Thank you for the greetings Marlow, I hope we'll meet again on the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Welcome to ATAG forum, mate!

6. Likes 343KKT_Kintaro, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Welcome Kintaro.
    Japan is on a similar time zone to Sydney (although this weekend we start daylight saving time so we will be 2 hours ahead).
    Will keep an eye out for u. Please do get on our TeamSpeak or Discord server. U will find helpful folk there too.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Salut!

Quote Originally Posted by 343KKT_Kintaro View Post
    Hi all, I'm 343KKT_Kintaro, pilot of a virtual Japanese squadron mainly composed by French and Belgian players (but, sadly, a squadron defunct long ago, that was the virtual 343 Kokutai).

I'm here, on the ATAG forum, because Sokol1 of the official IL-2 forums recommended that I come to this forum so that I contact "VO101_TOM" for a very specific request of mine.

Do you copy, VO101_TOM? Over!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 MB

Hello kashiide and Torian!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Welcome Kintaro.
    Japan is on a similar time zone to Sydney (although this weekend we start daylight saving time so we will be 2 hours ahead).
    Will keep an eye out for u. Please do get on our TeamSpeak or Discord server. U will find helpful folk there too.

Hey, Torian, I live in France and I am a Frenchman, not a real Japanese! Years ago I chose "343KKT_Kintaro" as my tag & nickname when I joined the VIRTUAL 343 kokutai in 2006. The VIRTUAL 343 kokutai lasted from 2003 to 2014. The REAL 343 kokutai existed during the first half of 1944 (it was disbanded in June 44) but was recreated again in January 1945 and served until it was definitely disbanded in August '45.

I miss the Pacific theater of operations and the Japanese aircraft, obviously, but the Dover series is an excellent simulator and since the BLITZ edition... the magic is back, so I'm very happy with the situation as it is.

Tenno heika... BANZAI! (in other words: long live the Aussies, lol).

10. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Flare liked this post