Thread: DOF P3 Motion Platform and cliff of Dover /Desert wings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

DOF P3 Motion Platform and cliff of Dover /Desert wings

Hi Guys I am using a DOF reality P3 motion platform. I have managed to get il2 battle of Stalingrad to work on it , but can not get cliffs of Dover or desert wings to be recognised by the platform , is this A , motion is not supported in the cliffs of Dover version , or B I need to do something to get the platform to recognise COD, and Desert wings all advise greatly appreciated
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: DOF P3 Motion Platform and cliff of Dover /Desert wings

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Eshark View Post
    Hi Guys I am using a DOF reality P3 motion platform. I have managed to get il2 battle of Stalingrad to work on it , but can not get cliffs of Dover or desert wings to be recognised by the platform , is this A , motion is not supported in the cliffs of Dover version , or B I need to do something to get the platform to recognise COD, and Desert wings all advise greatly appreciated
    Is not natively supported but seems relatively easy to implement, so much that I made this in a few minutes.

Download here: SimRacingInterface.zip

See if it works (I have no way of testing it).
    To use it, it should be as simple as extracting it and running the file "SimRacingInterface.exe". If all goes well, you should start getting movement, some wind and whatever the engine RPMs do in the P3.

3. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Is not natively supported but seems relatively easy to implement, so much that I made this in a few minutes.

Download here: SimRacingInterface.zip

See if it works (I have no way of testing it).
    To use it, it should be as simple as extracting it and running the file "SimRacingInterface.exe". If all goes well, you should start getting movement, some wind and whatever the engine RPMs do in the P3.
    Thanks I will give it a go and let you know
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Hi Colander
    Downloaded the zip but got this 51EE2EC8-96F5-419B-9536-02CCE66B8B97.jpg
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi Colander
    That message should stop once you get on a plane as the tool uses the devicelink interface.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Hi Colander
    AHA! It's because he mis-spelled Cliffs!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    AHA! It's because he mis-spelled Cliffs!
    lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

lol.
    Is the spelling the issue Colander if so is it something you can edit ?
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Is the spelling the issue Colander if so is it something you can edit ?
    No, the spelling is not the issue

So, I assume is not working
    All my program is doing is reading the data from the game, the same way all those external instruments utilities do and sending over the network it to the P3 software as they say it has to be done.

Sadly is going to be very hard to find out why without one of those things available for me to test. If I get the time, I'll try to do some testing this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

No, the spelling is not the issue

So, I assume is not working
    All my program is doing is reading the data from the game, the same way all those external instruments utilities do and sending over the network it to the P3 software as they say it has to be done.

Sadly is going to be very hard to find out why without one of those things available for me to test. If I get the time, I'll try to do some testing this weekend.
    Thanks Colander it’s a shame I can’t get cliffs to work on the P3, BOS works fine
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Please try this one: SimRacingInterface.zip

Note: Only tested it with a 109 but hopefully will work with others.
    Note 2: Because the way the devicelink interface works, not all features are working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Please try this one: SimRacingInterface.zip

Note: Only tested it with a 109 but hopefully will work with others.
    Note 2: Because the way the devicelink interface works, not all features are working.
    Thanks Colander I will try this one I have managed to set up telematary using the joystick profile option , however DOF say that the game is supported fir motion in steam version , which is all standard now I remember buy the Tegan CD option for the game , but would imagine this is now long dead
    Cheers
    Shark
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Thanks Colander I will try this one I have managed to set up telematary using the joystick profile option , however DOF say that the game is supported fir motion in steam version , which is all standard now I remember buy the Tegan CD option for the game , but would imagine this is now long dead
    Cheers
    Shark
    Hi Eshark,

Please try it and let me know. I know IL2 BOS is supported so my guess is they are confused by the IL2 part when they say it is supported.
    As for "Tegan" I have no idea what that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Nothing?