Thread: Another markings request, simple this time

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Another markings request, simple this time

In CloD there are two types of units for BoB fighters, BoB(early) and BoB. I'm not sure on the difference between these, I would assume different squadrons are available.

However the markings for those two types are exactly the same.

Historically the RAF markings during the Battle of Britain had 3 main phases:

1. Half black and white undersides, meant to aid ID over France, with roundels on the underside of the wings. From the invasion of France to 6 June when the order was given to switch to . . . .

2. Sky underside, no roundels on the bottom of the wings. Intended to better camoflauge fighters from below. From 6 June to mid-August, around the 15th when roundels were added back.

3. Sky underside with roundels below the wings. This is the kind of markings we have in CloD right now.

I would suggest simply removing the roundels from the bottom of the wings on the markings for all BoB(Early) types - just to allow more freedom in choosing the markings when making historical videos and single missions.

Then, if possible, but not too important, splitting the types into 3 instead of 2, perhaps BoF (battle of france), BoB (early) and BoB - and making BoF types have DEFAULT SKINS with the half black and white undersides.

2. Likes Josef, 5th Hellrider, von Graf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Another markings request, simple this time

This is a possibility for the future.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

4. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Another markings request, simple this time

Good to hear, Setback!

As I post this I may as well put it out there as well, would it also be possible to make a BoB (early) and BoB (normal) for the German Fighter squadrons? Early would have default skins without the yellow noses, since the yellow noses were only adopted in late August as well as invasion markings.

I realize that I might be sounding a bit annoying with these requests but the main thing is I think the CloD marking system is already quite amazing and unique. But to get that extra level of historical accuracy with regards to the correct fonts and markings, then you have to go and find or make custom skins, which is far more difficult and time-consuming than selecting a squadron, letters, and serial numbers. Especially when dealing with missions with multiple squadrons of planes - making or finding custom skins for 30 aircraft is just too daunting.

My grand wishlist item is a system that automatically applies the correct skin and markings based on the squadron and the date of the mission. But that would probably require a totally new system and isn't feasible.

6. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post