Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuttovola wednesday night -> Battle of England 1940 (historical version)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Tuttovola wednesday night -> Battle of England 1940 (historical version)

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    Absolutely yeessssssss!!!!! Can't wait to fly the new " Italian Beauties " in the desert with you guys and our new italian camerade " Benito Noofilini "
    NooFellini please
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Hi Airone,
    when can we register for the next mission? Please send me the password for TS and for the server, thank you!
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I registered for event on Wednesday and did not receive a password?
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated
    Here the link to subscribe for the next one: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh17W...6Ru0X?e=kGNR5q
    (Rontalia and ATAG_JackMaxx, please check yours PM)

Update:
    We have a new rule for the next mission:
    The best fighters will be limited in number, so Pilots try to get your plane back home!
    I also divided the fighters into groups of four, each of which must have a flight leader.
    In this way, during the team briefing on Discord * in the days before the mission, it will be possible to assign a particular task to each section.

Here the new rule:
    Each pilot of a Bf109 or Spitfire will have only one "top" airplane available

The Bf109 E-4 will depart from Colembert, while the Spitfire Ia (100 oct.) From Lympne.
    Any airport with the blue or red icon will be usable to perform Refuel and Rearm (but you have to be undamaged).
    In case of loss of the plane you will be forced to take-off from Calais Mark [Bf-109 E-3] or from Canterbury [Spitfire I (100oct.)].

Have fun and check your six!

*If you have difficulty with the Discord app you can try using the browser version, it shouldn't create any problems.
    Last edited by ITAF_Airone1989; Oct-22-2020 at 18:45.

6. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Airone1989 View Post

*If you have difficulty with the Discord app you can try using the browser version, it shouldn't create any problems.
    The browser version, IMHO, is 1000 times better. No impact on the PC performances and very easy to be used. In the past, using the desktop version of it, I've got only problems with it so my suggestion is to use only the browser variant ( That instead works like a charm )
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Update:
    The map is ready!
    Still remain the "spawn-point" problem. I had to move them cause of the wind condition, but now it seems that when spawn it ignores the points put by me and reads the default ones (in the middle of the woods). I will try to solve later.
    Remember to subscribe here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh17W...6Ru0X?e=kGNR5q

Briefing will be out soon here: https://discord.gg/7jYsyKB
    Join us to help your team's organisation!

TeamSpeak for in-game communication: 88.99.165.102:9997
    (ask to me for the password)

and, last but not least: we are going to the Desert!!!
    Sunday, 19.15 (GMT+2): dust and polish your old biplanes!
    More info here:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...026#post366026
    Last edited by ITAF_Airone1989; Oct-26-2020 at 14:01.

9. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Airone1989 View Post
    dust and polish your old biplanes!

YESSS! Tiger Moth
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

11. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

You can find briefing on Italianwing Discord.
    If you have any problem to join it, or you don't have Server/TeamSpeak password: write to me!

13. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Attention please:
    due to the winter time, tonight we will meet at 21.10 (GMT+1) for the briefing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

CLOSE MANSTON AIRFIELD - 24 August 1940

[...] At 1530 hours another big raid stacked up over Le Havre, and flew to Manston and Ramsgate. The Manston attack was to be the last straw for the station. The living quarters were now badly damaged, hardly any buildings remained intact, all telephone and teleprinter lines were cut and the field was littered with unexploded bombs.

Before the afternoon raid, at 1415 hours, all communication between Manston and 11 Group ceased. The controller at II Group contacted No. 1 Observer Group at Maidstone to see if the Corps could find out what was going on. A mile from Manston was Post A.1, and Observer Foad volunteered to cycle to the airfield and obtain information. Coastal airfields had been reduced to dire straits.

When the cable maintenance inspector at Manston was informed that all lines had gone he took two jointers and went to the particular crater despite the continuing explosion of delayed action bombs. Working like beavers, and with only an occasional glance at a large bomb adjacent to them, the three men got the essential circuits (out of 248 severed) restored in two hours and completed permanent restoration the following day.

As soon as word got through of the state of the station Fighter Command decided to evacuate it, except as an emergency airfield. Administrative personnel were transferred permanently to Westgate while the remainder of No. 600 Squadron’s Blenheims were moved to Hornchurch.

Part of the raiding force split before reaching Manston, and one section attacked the small aerodrome at Ramsgate. The town itself was heavily hit and whole rows of seaside villas were wiped out with a number of casualties. [...]

German Losses
    Airmen: 52 | Aircraft: 32

British Losses
    Airmen: 11 | Aircraft: 18

Again, my apologise for the initial technical problems.
    About the wind was my fault, I did'nt test it enough 'cause I was working on the Tobruk map, but I will remove it until I will be able to set it correctly.
    The Lympe spawn point remain a big mistery, I checked from the FMB and everything seems to be ok.

I would like to ask a couple of questions:

I decide to remove AI fighters and leave them just as bombers. Their behavior is incorrigible, they just engage once and then they fly home ignoring anybody else.
    A) This time I put 30 bombers per formation, did you had any freeze/framerate/lag issue?
    B) Right now the players number is around 30 per mission. A good number to have fun, but not enough to think about organise a real campaing. Do you think is possible to rise this number to 50/60 players? How?
    C) We don't have stats: in my opinion, it's not such a big problem. We can make up for it with the collaboration of the players. I have a couple of ideas that I will propose to you in the next missions for testing. But, of course, if somebody want to help us I will be really happy to have an automatic system.
    D) About the campaign:
    There will be one mission every week.
    I thought of a modality that does not depart from the historical context but at the same time gives the players the possibility to influence the progress of the war.
    To do this I would need:
    -A blue general
    -A Red general
    -and a couple of officers per faction to help him organize.

Simply, I will build the map by arranging troops, supplies, AAA, etc as decided by the generals ...
    The resources will not be infinite, so each destroyed objective will have an effect on the next mission.

Could you be interested in the idea?

P.S.
    Remember that this Sunday we will leave the cold England to enjoy a beautiful sunny day on the Egyptian beaches!

Here the file to subscribe: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh2JM...9719w?e=hmXzAz
    briefing at 19.15, mission start at 19.45 (GMT+1)

16. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Events of the week:

BoB'40 - Wed 4/11/2020 - 21.00 Italian time (GMT+1)
    Subscribe here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh17W...6Ru0X?e=kGNR5q

Spaghetti in Africa - Sun 8/11/2020 - 21.00 Italian time (GMT +1)
    Subscrive here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh2JM...9719w?e=hmXzAz

Note:
    -) Spaghetti in Africa time has been moved to 21.00 Italian time (GMT +1)
    -) Each Flight Leader must fill in the Flight log at the end of the mission (you can find it, together with the instructions, on the registration sheet)

Bring your friends!
    Last edited by ITAF_Airone1989; Nov-02-2020 at 17:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Briefings are ready!
    You find them into your Discord Channel.

Remember to register here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh17W...6Ru0X?e=kGNR5q

New players are welcome!!
    (just write to me to recieve server password)

19. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

BOMBS OVER LONDON - 7th September 1940

Göring decided personally to command the assault against London, and accordingly his immaculate personal train with its cooks, telephones and stocks of wine rolled north-west to the Pas de Calais. At Cap Gris Nez the entourage of field marshals, generals and colonels took their stand while the Reichsmarschall gazed skyward through his binoculars waiting for the passing of his aerial armada.

Every available fighter was being used, and bombers in far greater force than hitherto. The targets lay in East London, on the banks of the Thames, among the docks and warehouses.

Fighter Command had plenty on its mind when at 1600 hours the radar stations picked up several formations of twenty + over Calais. It was presumed they would adopt the usual tactics of crossing the coast and splitting up straightaway. Gradually it was realised at Bentley Priory that this was no ordinary raid. Over 300 bombers with 600 Bf 109s and Bf 110s in attendance, stepped up in solid layers, crossed the coast in two waves. The first flew direct to the Estuary and the second, an hour later, passed over central London, then steered back over the Estuary and the East End.
    It was too late to alter the carefully prepared dispositions of the fighter squadrons, and as a result many bombers were not attacked until after they had delivered their loads. The sector stations were being well covered, but the road to London was clear. The 11 Group controller got everything he could vector on to the advancing phalanx, but it was in penny numbers compared with the solid masses of the Luftwaffe.

Bombs rained down upon the London docks, the oil-tanks at Cliffe and Thameshaven, Beckton gasworks, and on Poplar, Woolwich, Millwall, Limehouse, Tower Bridge, Tottenham, West Ham, Barking and Croydon. Silvertown became a raging inferno and the fires raged on acting as a beacon for the night bombers, while in the little streets of the East End the inevitable pattern of death and destruction was beginning to unfold.

The most successful of the units operating on the 7th was No. 303, the Polish squadron from Northolt. When the Poles came into the battle they found forty Dorniers at 20,000 feet with a formation of Bf 110s above and behind, and further back still, at over 25,000 feet, were the Bf 109s. The engagement was a first-class piece of the kind of co-operation Park wanted. A squadron of Spitfires took on the 109s, while a Hurricane squadron attacked the rear of the bombers forcing them to turn back. At this juncture the Poles waded in, turning their whole unit broadside on to the enemy.
    They dived 4,000 feet out of the sun, each pilot selecting a victim. The squadron commander, Squadron Leader R. G. Kellett, reported afterwards: ‘We gave them all we’d got, opening fire at 450 yards and only breaking away when we could see the enemy completely filling the gunsight. That means we finished the attack at point-blank range. We went in practically in one straight line, all of us blazing away.’ Nearly a quarter of the bombers were destroyed or badly damaged.

While the day had been a frustrating one for Fighter Command with London heavily bombed and nineteen pilots lost out of twenty-eight fighters shot down, they could show forty-one German aircraft destroyed during the whole day—a not inconsiderable total which led the German radio to report that the attack had entailed ‘heavy sacrifices’.

Many returning fighter and bomber pilots reported little or no opposition, and for one day at least the Luftwaffe operations and intelligence staff believed that their aim of destroying Fighter Command was nearly achieved.
    German Losses
    Airmen: 52 | Aircraft: 41
    British Losses
    Airmen: 16 | Aircraft: 25

THE SERVER NUMBERS
    -) 54 AI bombers
    -) 32 players

I have read many positive comments on this mission, in any case please report any problems.
    Appointment for Sunday on Tobruk:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh2JM...9719w?e=hmXzAz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I am sorry I missed the event of 11.11.
    I was busy with something else so joined a bit late. Everyone was already about half way to target.
    I decided to take a 110 and rejoin everyone on target or on their way back for some high level bomber protection.
    When I spawned in, impossible to taxi. The plane would turn to the right. No response from the rudder nor toe brakes.
    After several attempts, I also lost some of the buttons from my thrustmaster throttle.
    Tried to restart the server, the game, the PC, to no avail.
    The only logical explanation left was a hardware failure as I could not even see the buttons in the games controller setting in Windows 10.
    Opened the rudder pedal as well as the throttle. Both had one sectioned wire. By the time I re-soldered and remounted everything the mission had ended.

More luck next time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123