Thread: Kmode Exception Not Handles - Blue screen of death

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Kmode Exception Not Handles - Blue screen of death

Well that was fun

at about 7pm last night my pc blue screened, then came back on.

each time I rebooted same thing. Blue screen, then would boot again

So I dropped in a cloned drive from about 6 months ago and it was fine...

so... cloned that one to my c drive... and rebooted

blue screen... and that was it !!! the C drive would do NOTHING!

so back in with the old clone

I looked up the Kmode thing and it sems that its either "old driver" related r a ram problem.

looked through device manager and everything was ok.

so ran a load of ram tests...

everything was ok.

Then after a bunch of updates.. when I got to the 2004 build of windows 10 all of a sudden...

my pc was as I had it at 6pm... which rather freaked me out. Made no sense at all.

it was when I was about to clone this setup that I realised the PC had booted from a different drive… not what I thought was my C drive… (another clone drive that I keep in the PC for if things go squirley)

so then I started booting off that( (Western Digital), and the main drive (Samsung M2 drive) to see what happened

The Western Digital drive was booting fine... the Samsung M2 drive caused blue screen every time....

so what was happening in the first place was that the Samsung drive would crash and windows then booted from the western digital... only i hadn’t figure that out.....
    (I got 2 hours sleep last night trying to get this sorted so I could actually work)

Now... hard drives as we all know don’t have drivers right?

Well no... turns out the M2 ones use a driver... and from 7pm last night the windows one suddenly was not up to it apparently.

installed Samsung drivers and bingo.

How the hell are you supposed to know this stuff?!

Anyhoo… its all good again… and as it wall was before the disaster !!

So just a heads up really….

If you are running M2 drives… try the manufacturers drivers…

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

2. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Kmode Exception Not Handles - Blue screen of death

Good advice... Thanks!

I just installed Samsung drivers with no problems. I use 960 and 970 m.2 drives which updated at the same time. Simple and trouble free.

This link includes driver and installation guide links. Read the guide, especially if you have a special setup like RAID, etc., because not all configurations are supported. Run as Administrator!

https://www.samsung.com/semiconducto...ownload/tools/
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-08-2020 at 09:32. Reason: Link added
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: Kmode Exception Not Handles - Blue screen of death

Me thinks every bit of hardware needs a driver in the end.
    Whether it's one delivered by Ms-Windows or the manufacturer ... yeah, that can result in a battle...

And Windows 10's booting configuration, kind of a mystery.
    Whenever I need to install Windows, I make sure only the disk where I want it to boot from is connected. So I know what disk it will be booting from.
    Then, when installed, I hook the other disks back up. There still might be a risk it decides to boot from one of those, should there be some leftovers of previous installs there.

For sure if you study it, it will all make sense - But that's quite an effort. And not really worth it... unless you swap disks and re-install windows all day...

As for Windows 10 2004: My system is still not updating to that version.
    It runs and boots (well, as far as I know) from a non-Samsung M2 disk. That might as well be the reason - they must have found issues while rolling out 2004 ...

Too bad you lost that much time and bed rest... Thanks for the heads-up, I am going to check some things now ...

6. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post