Thread: Avro Lancaster Project

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Avro Lancaster Project

Took the last few weeks to set up and continue working on my Lancaster sim. Got inspired since I discovered this awesome game! Built 90% of it myself and have lots to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Avro Lancaster Project

Looks awesome! Wouldn't it be amazing if someday there could be a flyable Lancaster in a WWII flight sim. That would be incredible.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I’ve been waiting for 15 years for that lol. One day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by UTC View Post
    I’ve been waiting for 15 years for that lol. One day!
    ME TOO! actually more like 30... ish

Usque Ad Finem!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Took the last few weeks to set up and continue working on my Lancaster sim. Got inspired since I discovered this awesome game! Built 90% of it myself and have lots to do.
    What 3D program are you building this aircraft with? The BLITZ/TOBRUK games require models done in 3dsMax/Autodesk.

You should also know TF does not accept 3rd party models.. we cannot bring them into the game.

The reason is there are technical standards for the structure, methods, etc. which need to be met before models can be incorporated... and 3rd party models usually require to be completely re-done because of missing elements.

If you are interested in modeling for the game, you should contact myself about joining TF and working under the supervision of our 3D modeling team... they can instruct you on what is required and save you lot of wasted time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    What 3D program are you building this aircraft with? The BLITZ/TOBRUK games require models done in 3dsMax/Autodesk.

You should also know TF does not accept 3rd party models.. we cannot bring them into the game.

The reason is there are technical standards for the structure, methods, etc. which need to be met before models can be incorporated... and 3rd party models usually require to be completely re-done because of missing elements.

If you are interested in modeling for the game, you should contact myself about joining TF and working under the supervision of our 3D modeling team... they can instruct you on what is required and save you lot of wasted time.
    Buzz looks to me like he's just built a physical cockpit for his sim setup, you can see it's the Tobruk Wellington on his screen rather than a custom 3D built mod aircraft in a sim.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yeah it’s the Wellington in game. I’m not modeling anything game wise, just the physical cockpit.

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

You have really got to stop proclaiming loudly "TF doesn't want your plane!" every time someone posts a picture of anything related to an aircraft model not in the sim....hell, this wasn't even that. It's just a physical cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Impressive work.

BTW - Your title make me think that you are building something for this purpose:

https://youtu.be/eNSN6qet1kE?t=94
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-04-2020 at 14:01.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Impressive work.

BTW - Your title make me think that you are building something for this purpose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSN6qet1kE
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Guys

In the past we have had a number of people start building models for the game without consulting with us and end up wasting their time.

I just don't want that to happen.

3D modeling for a game with a damage and flight model as complex as this game is demanding.

For example, you can't start modeling a cockpit until the external model framework is complete.

My apologies for mistaking his work for 3d work.

Glad to hear he is interested in the game and having fun.

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello Guys

In the past we have had a number of people start building models for the game without consulting with us and end up wasting their time.

I just don't want that to happen.

3D modeling for a game with a damage and flight model as complex as this game is demanding.

For example, you can't start modeling a cockpit until the external model framework is complete.

My apologies for mistaking his work for 3d work.

Glad to hear he is interested in the game and having fun.
    All good. Game is amazing. Hopefully a Lancaster will come along at some point. I know the game focuses on early war but around 42 the Lanc did come into play.
    Last edited by UTC; Oct-04-2020 at 03:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

All good. Game is amazing. Hopefully a Lancaster will come along at some point. I know the game focuses on early war but around 42 the Lanc did come into play.
    We actually have a Lancaster external model already 50% built.

But it is a long way from that to a functional flyable one.

We are not at this point planning one for TF 6.0 if TF 6.0 happens.

16. Likes MrSteven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Looks like great progress so far!

How did you go about making the Yoke for it? (Asking for a friend )

M. J. Dixon

19RAF Squad Leader

Windows 10 Pro x64, i7-990x, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, 24GB RAM, 1920 x 1080 24", Oculus Rift CV1, Nvidia Driver 511.79

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MJDixon View Post
    Looks like great progress so far!

How did you go about making the Yoke for it? (Asking for a friend )

Basically I got the measurements from the real thing then cut and riveted the aluminum. The yoke I had a shop bend for me into the correct shape. The role axis pot sits behind the yoke inside and the pitch axis pot is at the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks!
    M. J. Dixon

19RAF Squad Leader

Windows 10 Pro x64, i7-990x, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, 24GB RAM, 1920 x 1080 24", Oculus Rift CV1, Nvidia Driver 511.79