Thread: Static cameras

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Static cameras

I assume these are as they suggest, but when I look thorugh the controls of teh game I can't seem ot find how to select it. Probably just being rubbish at looking, but can anyone help please? How to slelect them in a mission and what is the control called?
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Re: Static cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    I assume these are as they suggest, but when I look thorugh the controls of teh game I can't seem ot find how to select it. Probably just being rubbish at looking, but can anyone help please? How to slelect them in a mission and what is the control called?
    hi Yo Yo,

I'm assuming you have placed some static cameras in the location you want, adjusting their height as you see fit.

Then its 'ctrl-f2' to cycle thru the external views of until you get to the camera view. I think ctrl-f2 is a default setting but it would be worth checking.

Ezzie

3. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, Yo-Yo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Tip - Since camera don't appear in objects menu in game (mouse right click) add Static Cameras as last objects in the mission, because the "inverse logic", the last object is the first accessible by CTRL+F2.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-20-2020 at 17:38.

5. Likes Yo-Yo, Bonditaria liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Ah, I see. thanks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Could someone be so kind as to tell me what key mapping is meant by ctrl+f2 so I can try and assign a key to the reelvant view.

(I delete all mappings and set up my own controls for sims, but that does cause me problems like now...)

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    Could someone be so kind as to tell me what key mapping is meant by ctrl+f2 so I can try and assign a key to the reelvant view.

(I delete all mappings and set up my own controls for sims, but that does cause me problems like now...)
    Hi Yo-Yo,

"Ctrl F2" is a default key combination for the 'External View - Cycle Enemy Targets' command which is in the 'View' category.

This command shows enemy objects (aircraft, ground objects, etc.) one by one.

I have noticed in some mission that not just enemy objects but also friendly ones are displayed using this command. I don't know if it is a problem in these missions (static friendly planes marked as enemy for example) or some other problem.

Josef

9. Likes Yo-Yo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    I have noticed in some mission that not just enemy objects but also friendly ones are displayed using this command. I don't know if it is a problem in these missions (static friendly planes marked as enemy for example) or some other problem.
    Happens that some objects on FMB don't have side defined, are "neutral" - their icon is white when you place in FMB.*

Some objects, like camera and I think smokes don't have option for choose a side.

Those "neutral" are treated as enemy, probably due this some updates back the cows was considered enemy and fired by artillery.

Since is tedious set side for dozen of same objects, if want can change in .mis file using Notepadd++ Replace function.

Example:

Static667 Stationary.Airfield.Flag-stop_UK-GER_1 nn 43234.54 70246.63 904.10

'nn' means "neutral", so replace with gb or de, if this is relevant.
    But use the space before 'nn' in search - ' nn'; for avoid collateral effects in the replacement.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Happens that some objects on FMB don't have side defined, are "neutral" - their icon is white when you place in FMB.*

Some objects, like camera and I think smokes don't have option for choose a side.

Those "neutral" are treated as enemy, probably due this some updates back the cows was considered enemy and fired by artillery.

Since is tedious set side for dozen of same objects, if want can change in .mis file using Notepadd++ Replace function.

Example:

Static667 Stationary.Airfield.Flag-stop_UK-GER_1 nn 43234.54 70246.63 904.10

'nn' means "neutral", so replace with gb or de, if this is relevant.
    But use the space before 'nn' in search - ' nn'; for avoid collateral effects in the replacement.
    Hi 1lokos,

thank you for your explanation. This is good to know for mission creators.

Your comment about cows being treated as enemy and fired on made me laugh. Poor cows!

Josef

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

The static camera I placed in a mission points 90 degrees (east). Is it possible to point a static camera in a direction or must I move the camera west of what I wish to film? Using rotate object controls in the FMB didn't change the view.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    The static camera I placed in a mission points 90 degrees (east). Is it possible to point a static camera in a direction or must I move the camera west of what I wish to film? Using rotate object controls in the FMB didn't change the view.
    Try this link for a general guidance: https://www.mission4today.com/index....p=show&kid=661

My understanding (I am no FMB expert) is that a "static" camera is just a fixed point of view, and when replaying the track, if you select the view from that camera, you can rotate your viewing angle freely in the same way as if you were sitting inside a cockpit, with TrackIR or whatever POV control you use.

So no need to point it in any particular direction, just make sure the field of view is open to whatever direction you want to film (i.e. no obstacle in-between).

To be confirmed by someone who knows better than me.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

14. Likes Dawson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

Thanks Noofy. That works just as you said.

16. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post