Thread: ME110 frame rate destroyer

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

ME110 frame rate destroyer

Was on the ATAG server yesterday and believe it was Operation Relinquish that was playing.
    My 110 was shot down in the channel off Crepon. It remained splashing around in the water
    continuously and did not de-spawn. This caused frame rates in the area around Crepon to
    drop to such a low level the server emptied as players became frustrated and left.

I have seen this happen in the DD server and in other maps on ATAG. To me it always
    seems to be the ME110 that ditches and causes the problem. I was using the C4B version
    when this happened.
    Intel Core i7 9700k (8-core), 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6 GHz. 16GB DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz Dual Channel HyperX
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X. 512GB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD (Boot)
    Alienware 850 Watt power supply liquid cooled. Alienware 34in Curved WQHD 3440 x 1440 @ 120Hz. G-SYNC. DP 1.2 mode.
    Thrustmaster 1600, Saitek rudder pedals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: ME110 frame rate destroyer

The problem is not linked to the Bf 110 only. For example on the DD server I saw also He-111 and Spitfires generating exactly the same problem. I think it's something related to the script to despawn aircraft under AI control or to the AI behaviour/routine. At least, every time that this problem surfaced, they were all aircraft under AI control ( Or aircraft previously flown by a human player then took under control by the AI when the player left it/them ).
    At least on the DD server, if it happens ( Never get this issue on the ATAG one fortunately ), you need to fly at least 7-8 km away from the position of the " rolling/spinning aircraft " and the FPS return at a normal state.

There are 2 main situations that seems to provoke this:

1- AI aircraft that land on a airfield and then, for some reason, get out of the airfield area

2- AI aircraft crash landed on sea/ground
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Oct-07-2020 at 08:49.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

3. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post

There are 2 main situations that seems to provoke this:

1- AI aircraft that land on a airfield and then, for some reason, get out of the airfield area

2- AI aircraft crash landed on sea/ground
    AI aircraft includes human aircraft taken over by AI for example after bailing out
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

5. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Yes, it will still happen ...

I have tried a few times to write a script that would remove these crashed aircraft, but it never worked out in the end.
    One kinda 'successful' version also removed other a/c that should not have been removed at all ... like damaged ones, while still in mid-air

So, I cannot fix this one unfortunately ...

If anyone has a solution for this issue, I'll happily apply to the DD server(s) ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Apologies in advance to coders and map makers for my simplistic analysis of the problem.

Here it is for what its worth

it would seem that two things are present here. the aircraft in not destroyed when contacting terrain Ie it crash lands, and it is controlled by AI and the AI is not killed in the crash landing and stays in the aircraft.

solution,

Can code be written to prevent AI taking control of abandoned aircraft, or written to ensure that AI aircraft impacting terrain, outside of an airfield are always destroyed, irrespective of force of crash
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.