Thread: Star Wars Squadrons

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Star Wars Squadrons

Downloading now....

Obviously not a sim but I didn't really know where else to put this

X-Wing or TIE fighter in VR at £27 for an origin key?

Im 48 years old soon.....

In Like Flynn.

And if i dont like it.... its the only game i have on an origin account... so can gift it to a pal I know

Cant lose!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: Star Wars Squadrons

When I've read the thread title I was guessing that you were calling to form a new CloD Spitfire squadron...
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Oct-07-2020 at 19:45.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

So.....

It ont recognise my stick throttle or rudder.

There is a workaround. You unplug everything except those. After which only the right rudder pedsl cant be bound

And of course this messes eveything else up anyway.

Havent flown it because i dont want ti fly with a game pad.

Grrrrr

Heres hoping they sort this out.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    So.....

It ont recognise my stick throttle or rudder.

There is a workaround. You unplug everything except those. After which only the right rudder pedsl cant be bound

And of course this messes eveything else up anyway.

Havent flown it because i dont want ti fly with a game pad.

Grrrrr

Heres hoping they sort this out.
    A random gamer: Now let‘s review bomb the shit out of this game because it‘s got shitty HW recognition and you would need to bind controls in order to play anyways!

No, wait, wrong game...
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

6. Likes DerDa, Karaya, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I grabbed it at release and I couldn't bind my rudder properly. It would read the rotation of both sides as the same direction, so for the time being I bound my yaw to the toe brakes. It works, but you basically have to relearn to fly like that and it was driving me nuts. I've been crazy busy this week so I haven't been able to try, but if you unplug all of your other controllers except for only the rudder you should be able to bind it properly. Lots of people online said that worked. The other thing to try is to bind the one direction, then push in the other direction completely and click to bind that direction, then let it go. Between those two fixes most people can get it going from what I've seen online. I'll be trying it myself tonight. Either way, the game looks like a ton of fun even if it is more arcade than many of us are used to. I used to LOVE the old Xwing and Tie Fighter games back in the day, so I'm really looking forward to trying it again. I just wish it supported Track IR, but as I'll be flying mostly imperial that shouldn't matter too much...
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    I grabbed it at release and I couldn't bind my rudder properly. It would read the rotation of both sides as the same direction, so for the time being I bound my yaw to the toe brakes. It works, but you basically have to relearn to fly like that and it was driving me nuts. I've been crazy busy this week so I haven't been able to try, but if you unplug all of your other controllers except for only the rudder you should be able to bind it properly. Lots of people online said that worked. The other thing to try is to bind the one direction, then push in the other direction completely and click to bind that direction, then let it go. Between those two fixes most people can get it going from what I've seen online. I'll be trying it myself tonight. Either way, the game looks like a ton of fun even if it is more arcade than many of us are used to. I used to LOVE the old Xwing and Tie Fighter games back in the day, so I'm really looking forward to trying it again. I just wish it supported Track IR, but as I'll be flying mostly imperial that shouldn't matter too much...
    I will probably tri it with a hame lad for now. Ha.... and yeah. Tie is probably with a neck brace on.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I will probably tri it with a hame lad for now. Ha.... and yeah. Tie is probably with a neck brace on.
    If you want to wing up together it could be fun! I bought it on Steam so if you want to fly it add me there and lets play
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    If you want to wing up together it could be fun! I bought it on Steam so if you want to fly it add me there and lets play
    I hardly get time at all to fly right now.... but....

Watch this "space"

(See what i did there?)

Gimme a couple of weeks and most of what ive been deing with over the last 18 months will be done.

Winging up on this coild be a giggle for sure.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

11. Likes ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

ok... so... if like me you have numersous peripherals for yuor fight sinmming (i have 6... plus anoither 4 plugged in for car racing) you might need to know thius.

if you go to your devides in windows, ythe devices and printers over on the right side of the screen, then right click om one of your joystics and select game controller setting it will list out everything you have connected.

Squadrons only recognises the first 3 in that list . eveything else it will competely ignor.

so.... to be able to use my salight stick, throttle and rudder pedals ive put everything else on a usb hum with an off switch. so i and disvconnect eveything else in one press.

annoying. but that seems to be how it is.

Also can still only bind the left input of my ruddedrf opedals, and not the right. so I STILL havent flown this.

grrrrrrr!

hopefully they will patch it.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

13. Likes ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

ok... so... if like me you have numersous peripherals for yuor fight sinmming (i have 6... plus anoither 4 plugged in for car racing) you might need to know thius.

if you go to your devides in windows, ythe devices and printers over on the right side of the screen, then right click om one of your joystics and select game controller setting it will list out everything you have connected.

Squadrons only recognises the first 3 in that list . eveything else it will competely ignor.

so.... to be able to use my salight stick, throttle and rudder pedals ive put everything else on a usb hum with an off switch. so i and disvconnect eveything else in one press.

annoying. but that seems to be how it is.

Also can still only bind the left input of my ruddedrf opedals, and not the right. so I STILL havent flown this.

grrrrrrr!

hopefully they will patch it.
    I managed to get my pedals working, and it's actually made the game quite fun. To do it I had to physically unplug my other controllers (you can leave mouse and keyboard in) instead of just disabling them in Windows. With only the rudder pedals plugged in, I was able to assign them properly for yaw in both directions. I then plugged everything back in and it's all working. It's a bit arcadey, but I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Here's a video of one of my better flights. I was playing a dogfight match with randoms, but our team actually coordinated with team work, calling targets, and we had a support ship that was kicking ass. I had one really stupid death where I clipped a wing which send me spinning into multiple other objects, but overall it was a solid match. Check it out!

15. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Ha !!

Last night at about stupid o'clock in the morning I put on my Valve Index.

The feeling of sitting inside a TIE Fighter is pretty hard to describe...

haha !! what a blast !!

Some time this week I have to go back into Elite Dangerous so I can figure out what I have bound to what in that so I can replicate as closely as i can in this. Muscle memory and all that....

and then I will give it a propper outing.

It's bonkers !!

once you got over the initial hurdles of getting your kit recognised / getting rid of the terrible dead zones and horrid joystick curves...

but once that is done....

Arcade fun like I havent had in years !! haha...

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals