Thread: Help, I have a grey box on my screen that won't go away

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Help, I have a grey box on my screen that won't go away

Hi TF,

I would like to bring to your attention a post made by Sokol on the Il-2 forums regarding the "grey box bug".
    I have complemented it with a few more examples.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-gray-box-bug/

Like Sokol said, it is probably an easy thing to fix through the default .ini and would stop people from stumbling on it.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

2. Likes 1lokos, von Graf, Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Help, I have a grey box on my screen that won't go away

I understand it can be confusing for new players but the question is, what is the solution?

I'm going to start the discussion with a few options and their catch:
    1.- Remove all default windows. Then the players will say there's a bug because they can't see chat etc
    2.- Start with all the windows with a text that reads "Alt+click to select me". Then it will bother every other player with the text each time a new plane is taken.
    3.- Have it on a flashcard. It can and will be ignored.

Other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I understand it can be confusing for new players but the question is, what is the solution?

I'm going to start the discussion with a few options and their catch:
    1.- Remove all default windows. Then the players will say there's a bug because they can't see chat etc
    2.- Start with all the windows with a text that reads "Alt+click to select me". Then it will bother every other player with the text each time a new plane is taken.
    3.- Have it on a flashcard. It can and will be ignored.

Other ideas?
    Is it possible to add these default windows with no background and probably a bit smaller? Maybe somewhere else? I have seen many loayouts out there that looked pretty nice, how about using one of those as default?
    I am wondering if this changes depending on the resolution, I had a backup and every time my resolution changed I could revert it back with all the windows.

Have a default loayout that looks nice and clean.
    Last edited by Maru; Oct-08-2020 at 20:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Colander,

The point is not remove the default Info Windows, is remove just the empty Info Window that result in the dread gray box, because their ualpha is set high.

Remove this gray box for good will not cause any collateral effect to the game and is a very easy thing to do (We all have been done this once):

Just open a fresh installed game, close the "gray box", close the game and copy the updated ConfUser.ini - now without the "gray box" and include in Steam install files as default. What DEV's can do in few minutes.

This solve the problem definitive, no one will complain about this blessed "Gray Box" anymore neither reprove the game in Steam, complain in forums.

Eventually some new/casual players more insightful may notice different Info Windows in Youtube videos and ask about, being easy and productive teacher those how create/customize Info Window, through Flashcards, game manual, videos...

Instead of insist in teach new/casual players "how close a EMPTY, USELESS Info Window", what been tried in 9+ years and don't work 100%, because people being people... BEBKAC always happens. : D

In short:

Insist in keep that useless empty gray Info Window when install the game first time harm the game, a proven fact.

Don't have that empty gray Info Window when install the game first time will not harm the game.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-08-2020 at 22:44.

6. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi Maru,

I'm not sure having a "nice layout" would stop new players from saying there's a bug. They will still see those windows.
    However, now that you mention it, the one thing I can think of is making all windows 100% transparent so they don't see it as a "gray square" but information is still available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Colander,

The point is not remove the default Info Windows, is remove the just the empty Info Window that result in the dread gray box, because their ualpha is set high.

Remove this gray box for good will not cause any collateral effect to the game and is a very easy thing to do (We all have been done this once):

Just open a fresh installed game, close the "gray box", close the game and copy the updated ConfUser.ini - now without the "gray box" and include in Steam install files as default. What DEV's can do in few minutes.

This solve the problem definitive, no one will complain about this blessed "Gray Box" anymore neither reprove the game in Steam, complain in forums.

Eventually some new/casual players more insightful may notice different Info Windows in Youtube videos and ask about, being easy and productive teacher those how create/customize Info Window, through Flashcards, game manual, videos...

Instead of insist in teach new/casual players "how close a EMPTY, USELESS Info Window", what been tried in 9+ years and don't work 100%, because people being people... BEBKAC always happens. : D

In short:

Insist in keep that useless empty gray Info Window when install the game first time harm the game, a proven fact.

Don't have that empty gray Info Window when install the game first time will not harm the game.
    Hi Sokol,

Sorry, it's been a while since I first moved my windows... Are you saying that there is a window by default that has no information configured at all? or is the window configured to show something?

9. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Hi Sokol,

Sorry, it's been a while since I first moved my windows... Are you saying that there is a window by default that has no information configured at all? or is the window configured to show something?
    Yes - by default there is one grey info window that does not contain any information.

Also - your earlier post made it seem like the info window settings depend on the plane - I have not experienced this, they stay the same no matter what plane I am flying and if I change it, that change appears when flying any other plane.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.38 MB

This is the concept we are going for:

There is one translation issue + one small (but for me irritating) glitch.
    Given the interest into the subject, it will probably appear in 5.010 regardless.

12. Likes von Graf, 9./JG52_J-HAT, DD_FT, Rostic liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Cool! Thanks for sharing that.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.38 MB

BTW, this is what we consider Deafult:
    Code:
    [ChatWindow]
    0:-1=-posSize '0.003 0.870 0.206 0.130' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
    0:262144=-lay 1 -fnt 0 -clr 0
    1:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.543 0.181 0.145' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 15
    1:5=-font 0
    1:4=-font 0
    1:7=-font 0
    2:-1=-posSize '0.002 0.000 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1" -alpha 130 -ualpha 25 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
    2:393216=-fnt 0 -clr 54 -al 2 -tf 1 -sz 1 -sl 1
    2:3=-font 0
    2:131072=0
    2:1=-font 0
    2:6=-font 0
    3:-1=-posSize '0.518 0.002 0.418 0.275' -titleStr Voice -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 40 -timeout 30
    3:2=-font 1
    4:-1=-posSize '0.171 0.323 0.687 0.352' -titleStr NetStats -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
    4:-2=-font 3 -color 139 -columnWidth '0.100 0.183 0.322 0.144 0.093 0.081' -columnSort 2

15. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MicroWave View Post

Given the interest into the subject, it will probably appear in 5.010 regardless.
    That's good news!

What I would really love is a toggle option for "Hide/Show all info windows" - would be great for making videos and taking screenshots during actual missions without needing to go into the track file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Hi Sokol,

Colander,

The offended window - the dread "GRAY BOX don't contain any information, is a empty (useless) window.

Original dev's have the idea to put this EMPTY (USERLESS), the "gray box" on screen for bring player attention that Info Window can be customized, closed, created.

Although that intention was noble, the "collateral effects"- players complaining that are not able to close*, that make game "unplayable"... don't justify keep this, again is a EMPTY (USELESS) gray box.

TO BE CLEAR: my point is remove the GRAY BOX, don't touch in Info Window, what is a nice feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Microwave,

Nice, but this is not the issue we are talking about.

The issue is this, the gray box at left top of the screen:

This gray box (a empty Info Window) appear when someone install the game and open for first time, and is what cause all "drama", is this that some of us are asking for remove from game screen for good. Because is not benefit for anyone.

See: This window have the "ualpha" set high, when an new/casual player hold ALT and click above nothing visualy happens, because the highlight effect on any Info Window is gray, but as is already gray... so many don't notice and complain that don't work.

If for any reason (contractual?) you can't remove the lines of ConfUser.ini in Steam install files, at least set "ualpha" for this window to 0, so this dread gray box became invisible, and it will not haunt anyone else.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-09-2020 at 13:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Can someone send me the original Confuser.ini from

..:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\

I always delete this one and replace with my customized when install the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

..:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\

If you remove it from your documents, starting the game would create it automaticly for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In my case I put my custom ConfUser.in Steam folder - so don't need deal with the "original bugs" (gray box, useless keyboard assignments, conflicts) case delete in My Documents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

BTW, this is what we consider Default:
    Code:
    [ChatWindow]
    0:-1=-posSize '0.003 0.870 0.206 0.130' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
    1:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.543 0.181 0.145' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 15
    2:-1=-posSize '0.002 0.000 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1" -alpha 130 -ualpha 25 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
    3:-1=-posSize '0.518 0.002 0.418 0.275' -titleStr Voice -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 40 -timeout 30
    4:-1=-posSize '0.171 0.323 0.687 0.352' -titleStr NetStats -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
    4:-2=-font 3 -color 139 -columnWidth '0.100 0.183 0.322 0.144 0.093 0.081' -columnSort 2
    This ConfUser.ini don' show the "gray box".

Seems the default after close the "gray box, have 4 Info Window; Info Window1* (Chat/Server(In/Out)/Vehicle Damage/System Time), Voice, Secondary Controls, Motor Controls, plus NetStat (that show only online).

* Why not rename this for Chat?
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-09-2020 at 14:40.

23. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

You can rename yours then validate files in Steam and it downloads a fresh one for you with the latest official contents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    You can rename yours then validate files in Steam and it downloads a fresh one for you with the latest official contents.
    Yes, but this validation will "default" all my edit samples voices... better leave as is.
    Deal, even just cut and past, with .ogg files became PITA in Windows 10 after 1903 update.

Probable that "gray box" issue is more complicated than already is, seems that is put on screen by a hard-coded instruction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks guys,

We are looking into it.

Pattle

27. Likes Yo-Yo, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Yes, but this validation will "default" all my edit samples voices... better leave as is.
    Deal, even just cut and past, with .ogg files became PITA in Windows 10 after 1903 update.

Probable that "gray box" issue is more complicated than already is, seems that is put on screen by a hard-coded instruction.
    Spoiler: 
    Code:
    [BOB]
      hotkeys = HotKey BOB
      difficulty=512163071
      lastSingleMiss=missions/Single/Bomber Intercept - Ships.mis

[HotKey BOB]
    S=static
    Alt F4=exit
    P=pause
    L=land
    Alt X=exit
    PrintScreen=ScreenShot

[Config viewSet]
    AzimutSpeed=0.1
    TangageSpeed=0.1
    LenSpeed=0.1
    MinLen=1.0
    DefaultLen=20.0
    MaxLen=30000.0
    Speed=6
    Offset=2

[DashBoard]
    0=1 153.600 0.000 0.600
    1=1 870.400 0.000 0.600
    2=1 0.000 281.600 0.500
    3=1 0.000 153.600 0.500
    4=1 0.000 409.600 0.500
    5=1 870.400 153.600 0.600
    6=1 870.400 307.200 0.600
    7=1 716.800 0.000 0.600
    8=1 0.000 0.000 0.600

[HotKey gui]
      Escape = activate
      MouseRight = popupmenu

[HotKey Console]
    ;BackQuote=Activate
    Control Tab =Activate

[FreeFly]
    MouseLeft=ResetView
    A=Azimut-
    D=Azimut+
    S=Tangage+
    W=Tangage-
    Q=Kren-
    E=Kren+
    V=Speed+
    C=Speed-

[FreeFly Config]
    AzimutView=1.0
    TangageView=1.0
    SpeedAzimut=50.0
    SpeedTangage=50.0
    SpeedKren=50.0
    MaxSpeed=1000.0
    Acselerate=100.0

[HookViewFly Config]
    timeFirstStep=2.0
    deltaZ=10.0

[FreeFlyXYZ]
    Left=Y+
    Right=Y-
    Down=X-
    Up=X+
    Home=Z+
    End=Z-
    Delete=A-
    PageDown=A+
    Control Left=SpeedMul
    Control Right=SpeedMul
    Control Down=SpeedMul
    Control Up=SpeedMul
    Control Home=SpeedMul
    Control End=SpeedMul
    Control Delete=SpeedMul
    Control PageDown=SpeedMul

[FreeFlyXYZ Config]
    SpeedXYZ=20.0
    SpeedAzimut=20.0
    SpeedMul=0.1

[HotKey artillery_gunner]
    Up = GunUp
    Down = GunDown
    Right = GunRight
    Left = GunLeft
    Space = GunFire
    S= StopMovement
    M= StartMovement
    F = FastTracking
    T = FineTrackig

[Config pilotMove]
    aileron=1 0.01 0.02
    elevator=1 0.01 0.02
    rudder=1 0.02 0
    trimaileron=0 0
    trimelevator=0 0
    trimrudder=0 0
    throttle=0.05 0.95 0.02 0.02 0.02
    pitch=0 0
    mix=0 0
    compressor=0 0
    oilradiator=0 0
    radiator=0 0
    flaps=0 0
    underc=0 0
    brakes=0 0
    throttle0=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle1=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle2=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle3=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle4=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle5=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle6=0 0 0 0 0
    throttle7=0 0 0 0 0
    pitch0=0 0
    pitch1=0 0
    pitch2=0 0
    pitch3=0 0
    pitch4=0 0
    pitch5=0 0
    pitch6=0 0
    pitch7=0 0
    mix0=0 0
    mix1=0 0
    mix2=0 0
    mix3=0 0
    mix4=0 0
    mix5=0 0
    mix6=0 0
    mix7=0 0
    radiator0=0 0
    radiator1=0 0
    radiator2=0 0
    radiator3=0 0
    radiator4=0 0
    radiator5=0 0
    radiator6=0 0
    radiator7=0 0
    oilradiator0=0 0
    compressor0=0 0
    oilradiator1=0 0
    compressor1=0 0
    compressor2=0 0
    oilradiator2=0 0
    compressor3=0 0
    oilradiator3=0 0
    oilradiator4=0 0
    compressor4=0 0
    oilradiator5=0 0
    compressor5=0 0
    oilradiator6=0 0
    compressor6=0 0
    compressor7=0 0
    oilradiator7=0 0
    bombbaydoor=0 0
    impellerretr=0 0
    airbrake=0 0
    carbheater=0 0
    carbheater0=0 0
    carbheater1=0 0
    carbheater2=0 0
    carbheater3=0 0
    carbheater4=0 0
    carbheater5=0 0
    carbheater6=0 0
    carbheater7=0 0
    leslats=0 0
    brakeslt=0 0
    brakesrt=0 0
    throttle_wep=0 0

[Config turretMove]
    turretyaw=0.5 0 0
    turretpitch=0.5 0 0

[HotKey vehicleDriver]
    Control S=start_movement
    Alt S=stop_movement
    Control D=toggle_dir
    Down=brake
    Right=turn_right
    Up=accelerate
    Left=turn_left
    Alt D=toggle_hand_brake

[HotKey vehicleGunner]
    Space=gun_fire
    [Config vehicleMove]
    ower=0 0.9 0 0 0
    power=0 0.9 0 0 0

[HotKey camposMouseXYZ]
    MouseLeft=AT
    MouseRight=XYZmove
    F7=SpeedFast
    F6=SpeedNormal
    F5=SpeedSlow
    F8 MouseLeft=Kmove

[LastFocus]
    969305076=bExtras
    -1332861808=bStatistic
    -1137074434=bRealism
    1899961994=bQuickMission
    -372350066=bServer
    628377810=training5
    1862295808=bControls
    2134622242=bBuilder
    2084280354=bExtras

[HotKey pilotMove]
    Joystick1+AXE_Z=1rudder
    Joystick+AXE_Z=-1throttle
    Joystick2+AXE_Y=1elevator
    Joystick2+AXE_X=1aileron

[HotKey view]
    Control F2=outsideViewNextEnemy
    Control F1=toggleShowCabin
    Y=padlockViewPrev
    Alt F7=outsideViewEnemyDirectGround
    U=padlockViewNext
    Alt F6=outsideViewEnemyDirectAir
    Alt F2=outside
    Alt F1=inside
    M=toggleShowMirror
    C=nextCabin
    Shift C=changeCabin
    Control C=prevCabin
    Alt 9=cabin9
    Alt 8=cabin8
    Alt 7=cabin7
    Joystick2+Key3=padlockViewForward
    Alt 6=cabin6
    Alt 5=cabin5
    Alt 4=cabin4
    Alt 3=cabin3
    F8=outsideViewFollow
    Alt 2=cabin2
    F7=outsideViewEnemyGround
    Alt 1=cabin1
    F6=outsideViewEnemyAir
    F5=padlockViewGround
    F4=padlockView
    F3=outsideViewFly
    F2=outsideView
    Shift F7=outsideViewFriendGround
    F1=insideView
    Shift F6=outsideViewFriendAir
    Shift F5=padlockViewFriendGround
    Shift F4=padlockViewFriend
    Shift F2=outsideViewNextPlane
    Shift F1=toggleAim

[HotKey viewSet]
    Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
    End=fov70
    PageDown=fov90
    Delete=fov30
    Mouse5=FOV
    MouseMiddle=Rotate
    F10=StartStop
    MouseRight=Len
    MouseLeft=Offset
    NumPad/=Reset

[HotKey viewPan]
    NumPad-4=PanLeft2
    NumPad-3=PanRight3
    NumPad-2=PanDown
    NumPad-1=PanLeft3
    Pov225 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft3
    Pov270 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft2
    Pov315 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft
    Pov0 Joystick+Pov=PanUp
    Pov45 Joystick+Pov=PanRight
    Pov90 Joystick+Pov=PanRight2
    Pov135 Joystick+Pov=PanRight3
    NumPad-9=PanRight
    NumPad-8=PanUp
    Pov180 Joystick+Pov=PanDown
    NumPad-7=PanLeft
    NumPad-6=PanRight2
    NumPad-5=PanReset

[HotKey viewSnap]
    NumPad-4=Snap_m2_0
    NumPad-3=Snap_3_0
    NumPad-2=Snap_0_m2
    NumPad-1=Snap_m3_0
    Pov225 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m3_0
    Pov270 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m2_0
    Pov315 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m1_0
    Pov0 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_0_2
    Pov45 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_1_0
    Pov90 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_2_0
    F9=SnapPanSwitch
    Pov135 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_3_0
    Pov180 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_0_m1
    NumPad-9=Snap_1_0
    NumPad-8=Snap_0_0
    NumPad-7=Snap_m1_0
    NumPad-6=Snap_2_0
    NumPad-5=Snap_0_2

[HotKey timeSpeed]
    CloseBracket=timeSpeedUp
    OpenBracket=timeSpeedDown
    Quote=timeSpeedNormal

[HotKey common]
    O=door_open
    Shift L=csec_lights
    A=autopilot
    Control O=door_close
    Control L=cpri_lights
    Control J=door_jettison
    Control E=bailout
    Alt L=cste_lights
    MouseLeft=fire
    Control Space=door_toggle

[HotKey pilot]
    Joystick1+Key1=trigger1
    Z=rudder_leftx
    X=rudder_rightx
    W=thtl_110
    Joystick+Key15=airbrake
    Control NumPad-9=site_alt_plus
    V=landingflaps_d
    Shift BackQuote=engselect_all
    Control NumPad-8=site_dist_plus
    T=thtl_psicutout
    Control NumPad-7=site_spd_plus
    Control NumPad-6=site_side_right
    R=rad_auto
    Control NumPad-5=site_auto
    Control NumPad-4=site_side_left
    Joystick2+Key0=trigger01
    Control NumPad-3=site_alt_minus
    Joystick+Key0=pitch_plus
    Control NumPad-2=site_dist_minus
    Control NumPad-1=site_spd_minus
    I=enginei01
    Joystick+Key14=trigger3
    G=uc
    Control Z=ruddert_left
    F=landingflaps_u
    Control X=ruddert_right
    Control W=abwurf_arm
    B=wheelbrakex
    Control T=thtl_slowcutout
    Equals=thtl_plus
    9=extinguisher
    6=rad_plus
    5=rad_minus
    Control G=uc_down_emer
    Shift 8=engselect_n7
    Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key18=autorudder_off
    Shift 7=engselect_n6
    Shift 6=engselect_n5
    Control C=pilot_switch
    Shift 5=engselect_n4
    Control B=bombbaydoors
    Shift 4=engselect_n3
    Shift 3=engselect_n2
    Shift 2=engselect_n1
    Shift 1=engselect_n0
    Down=elevator_downx
    Right=aileron_rightx
    Up=elevator_upx
    Left=aileron_leftx
    Control 7=rudder_leftx
    Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key17=autorudder_low
    Shift Down=elevatort_ndown
    Shift Right=aileront_right
    Space=trigger0
    Shift Up=elevatort_nup
    Shift Left=aileront_left
    Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key16=autorudder_high
    Joystick1+Key3=trigger2
    Joystick+Key3=pitch_mode_togl
    MouseLeft=MouseControl
    Underscore=thtl_minus
    Backspace=thtl_wep
    Joystick+Key2=pitch_minus

[HotKey turret]
    Control O=trt_park_toggle
    Down=trt_mount_d
    Right=trt_mount_r
    Up=trt_mount_u
    Left=trt_mount_l
    Shift Down=trt_down
    Shift Right=trt_right
    Shift Up=trt_up
    Shift Left=trt_left

[HotKey orders]
    9=order9
    8=order8
    7=order7
    6=order6
    5=order5
    4=order4
    3=order3
    2=order2
    1=order1
    0=order0
    Escape=deactivate
    Alt=select
    Control=expand
    Enter=Enter
    Tab=activate
    Backspace=Backspace

[HotKey vehicle]
    Down=brake
    Right=turn_right
    Up=accelerate
    Left=turn_left
    Alt D=toggle_dir
    Space=fire

[HotKey builder]
    NumPad-4=stepAzimut-15
    NumPad-3=stepAzimut30
    NumPad-1=stepAzimut-30
    NumPad-0=insert+
    Alt MouseRight=select-
    Alt MouseLeft=select+
    Alt Control=unselect
    A MouseLeft=battleArea
    Control Z=Undo
    Control Y=Redo
    Control X=cut
    Control V=paste
    Insert=insert+
    Control C=copy
    Control B=addBranch
    Home=change--
    End=change++
    PageDown=change+
    PageUp=change-
    Delete=delete+
    MouseRight=popupmenu
    F10=land
    MouseLeft=objectMove
    Shift MouseLeft=worldZoom
    Enter=freeView
    NumPad.=delete+
    Tab=cursor
    Backspace=cursor
    Alt Right=Forward
    Alt Left=Backward
    NumPad-9=stepAzimut5
    NumPad-8=resetTangage90
    NumPad-7=stepAzimut-5
    NumPad-6=stepAzimut15
    Control MouseRight=delete+
    NumPad-5=resetAngles
    Control MouseLeft=insert+

[HotKey builderMouseXYZ]
    F4 MouseRight=Zmove
    F5 MouseLeft=Amove
    Mouse5=Amove
    MouseRight=XYmove
    MouseLeft=Len
    F6 MouseLeft=Tmove
    F3=SpeedFast
    F2=SpeedNormal
    F1=SpeedSlow
    F7 MouseLeft=Kmove

[ChatWindow]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Oh, I overlooked this topic and did similar one.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post365458

I see menu items with "Activate" and "Delete". I gues this is far from final and you are planing something like this:
    • 1) Game remembers all infowindows setuped and contain menu item called "Info windows" wich contain submenu with next menu items:
      • a) New Info Window - same functionality as already exists
      • b) List of all existing infowindows that have submenu with items:
        • i) Activate - make window active (for moving and resizing)
        • ii) Hide/Show - hide/show info window
        • iii) Delete - delete info window from game screen, settings and this list.
      • b) Default - I guess this reset all infowindows to defaults.
    • 2) Each info window can contain option for key combo that toggle this info window between active and inactive states (should be very usefull for info window with chat and server messages).
    • 3) Global key combo for toggling visibility of the whole UI (active info windows). Already added this feature request to TFS bugtracker https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/1271

Also I did several feature requests in separate topics about other aspects of info windows:
    1. Vehicle secondary controls/system info window and trimmer controls : Feqture Request
    2. Engine info window : Feature Request
    3. Chat info window overloaded with messages

Edit reason: Oh, part of this is already done in 5.010
    Last edited by Rostic; Oct-16-2020 at 11:16.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube