Thread: Beginner looking for a wingman and some tips

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Beginner looking for a wingman and some tips

Hey folks,

I'm fairly new to this forum although I have been reading content on here for awhile. I've been playing CLoD Blitz for about a year off and on, and finally have a decent setup in terms of joystick, throttle quadrant, headset, etc. I've been flying on multiplayer servers and have gotten reasonably comfortable with engine management, landing and takeoff in Spits and Hurris, but I'd really like to take it to the next level.

If anyone would be wiling to do some flying on a multiplayer server with me and give me some guidance I would be eternally grateful. I feel like I'm starting to hit the limit of what I can learn independantly, especially since the servers are often pretty quiet.

Also please let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong thread

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Beginner looking for a wingman and some tips

Hi robmtl!

Welcome to the forums!

My reccomendation is to get on the teamspeak server. Almost everyone on there is happy to help out newbies. What time zone are you in? If it's similar to mine I'll keep an eye out for you online. I'd be happy to wing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Hi Rob,

maybe you should add the time zone you are living in.
    There is a number of squads flying blue or red or both that are always welcoming new members.
    And, as Flare said, with team speak you don't have to stay alone for a long time.

S!

DerDa

4. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

If you fly red you could come give us a look also sir(TWC) we use discord to communicate

Discord invitation
    https://discord.gg/UYbR9R

<S> Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

6. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Hi Robmtl,
    I'm a relative beginner too and have found joining the Teamspeak channel during the events is a great start. The more experienced members have been very supportive. I generally fly a Spitfire, Hurricane or Bf109. I practice with another guy new to the online flying experience and have found it to be very useful. I'm in Melbourne, Australia (AEST) and he's in England. We just sort out a time and meet up in the ATAG Teamspeak. We run through formation flying, navigation and basic combat manoeuvres. It really has helped build confidence to have a crack at the weekly online events. Feel free to message me if you like and we can organise a time for some practice.
    All the best,
    Bubbadeluxe

8. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Laser liked this post