Thread: Grid references please for targets

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Grid references please for targets

Hi,

Please could there be always be grid references for targets (no need for keypad detail, just the AX 12 etc). Some incorrect ones were removed from the briefing description,but some targets currently just refer to a settlement name that I can't see without zooming in to the map and slowly scraping and dragging around the map to find it.

If you want to encourage new people to stick around, being able to find the rough location of the targets on the map should be a painless experience.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

2. Likes palker, Stix, tgif liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

Re: Grid references please for targets

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    Hi,

Please could there be always be grid references for targets (no need for keypad detail, just the AX 12 etc). Some incorrect ones were removed from the briefing description,but some targets currently just refer to a settlement name that I can't see without zooming in to the map and slowly scraping and dragging around the map to find it.

If you want to encourage new people to stick around, being able to find the rough location of the targets on the map should be a painless experience.

couldnt you just learn Arabic and stop all these incessant demands !!! ( I am with you 100% )

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by tgif View Post
    couldnt you just learn Arabic and stop all these incessant demands !!! ( I am with you 100% )
    Haha, yep maybe

But to be clear to others, it's simply that the places mentioned in some briefings don't show until you zoom in on the briefing map to a level that is then difficult to scroll about. An example (maybe it's the only mission with this issue?) is the one where you (red) need to knock out the defences at a POW camp.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

This town index with grid references should be part of next patch release.

Tobruk Map Town Locations.pdf

The grid references are those of the map distributed with the Flashcards.
    By the way, the last page of the Flashcards has a similar index of airfields.
    Hope this helps
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h