Thread: Spaghetti in Africa - Italianwing ITAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Spaghetti in Africa - Italianwing ITAF

Next mission: Sunday 8-11-2020, 21.00 italian time (GMT+1)
    Link to partecipate to the next mission: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh2JM...9719w?e=hmXzAz

Hi guys,
    finally we can announce the first mission on the Tobruk map!!
    Thanks to the help of Italianwing we wil organise at least 3 missions on the Tuttovola server.

No more flying around the map without a specific purpose, finally join a mission where your commander will give you a task and you will have to do your best to complete it.
    Those who have already flown with us know how fun it can be to fly in this way, don't waste time and sign up now!
    (Send me a private message to receive the server and TeamSpeak passwords)

For the first mission we will use a very particular planset, as similar as possible to the one actually used:
    Cr.42, G.50, Br.20 vs Gladiator, Hurricane and Blenheims.
    (G.50 and Hurricane will be limited in number.)

As always, each faction will receive a briefing before the mission with the objectives to be destroyed / protected, but be careful: new orders may arrive during the mission!

Have fun!

(To fly the Battle of Britain event look here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34273 )
    Last edited by ITAF_Airone1989; Nov-02-2020 at 17:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Spaghetti in Africa - Italianwing ITAF

YES!!! Signed up! Can't wait for this.

3. Likes ITAF_Airone1989 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Signed up as well
    Happy to go in a G.50, and/or bombing with the CR.42 as required.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    YES!!! Signed up! Can't wait for this.
    I'd wing up with you in Hurricanes if you're interested. Time is a little early for me though, that's usually when the little one is getting tucked into bed.

6. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    I'd wing up with you in Hurricanes if you're interested. Time is a little early for me though, that's usually when the little one is getting tucked into bed.
    I'll put silencers on the G.50's Breda for junior's comfort
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

8. Likes ITAF_Airone1989 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Briefing it's ready for tonight, you can read it on our Discord channel.

If you have any trouble, write to me!

10. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

That mission was great fun
    Thanks for including the G50
    Grazie per averlo organizzato

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Got shot down a few times, accidentally shot a friendly Gladiator and bombed a friendly truck. But I also had some good hits on the enemy and bombed some tanks. It was quite chaotic and I never saw any bombers but there were some fun flights for sure! The ground forces totally overrunning Sollum was quite cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Mission: Ridotta Capuzzo - Sollum (History)

On 13 September, the 1st Division CC.NN. "March 23" recapture Forte Capuzzo and a bombing hit Musaid, just beyond the Egyptian border.
    Artillery fire and bombing began on the barracks (which was empty) and on the Sollum airfield, raising a cloud of sand. When the sand fell, the Italian army could be spotted, ready to advance against the British cover forces formed by the 3rd Coldstream Guards Company. The Italians advanced along the coast with two divisions behind a screen of motorcyclists, tanks, motorized infantry, and artillery.
    The Italian units were an easy target for artillery and aircraft, however, the 1st Libyan Division "Sibelle" soon occupied the Sollum barracks and continued towards the city port, and subsequently heading along the coast towards Buq-Buq.

On the inland plain, an Italian advance towards Halfaya Pass was slowed by a force composed of the 3rd Company Coldstream Guards, a platoon of Northumberland Fusiliers and artillery. They held the position until they were forced to retreat by the arrival of further Italian reinforcements.

In the night, two columns from the 2nd Libyan Division "Pescatori", the 63rd Division "Cirene" and the "Maletti" Group, from Musaid, and the 62nd "Marmarica" ​​Division, from Sidi Omar, converged on the pass. During the day that followed, Italian units began to descend from the pass, towards other Italian forces advancing from Sollum. Troops from the 11th Hussar Regiment, the 2nd Fusiliers Brigade and the 1st Regiment Royal tanks slowed down the maneuvers of the Italians again.

The British retreated to Alam Hamid on 15 September and Alam el Dab the following day, attempting to inflict maximum casualties and damaging the road behind them as much as possible.

A big "Grazie mille" to ITA_SUP_Pernix who created the map and provided me with a huge amount of historical material on the progress of the battle

14. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    812.8 KB

Events of the week:

BoB'40 - Wed 4/11/2020 - 21.00 Italian time (GMT+1)
    Subscribe here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh17W...6Ru0X?e=kGNR5q

Spaghetti in Africa - Sun 8/11/2020 - 21.00 Italian time (GMT +1)
    Subscrive here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhnYV3MWzsceh2JM...9719w?e=hmXzAz

Note:
    -) Spaghetti in Africa time has been moved to 21.00 Italian time (GMT +1)
    -) Each Flight Leader must fill in the Flight log at the end of the mission (you can find it, together with the instructions, on the registration sheet)

Bring your friends!