Thread: Trouble hearing the control tower or any other AI voices

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.72 MB

Trouble hearing the control tower or any other AI voices

While I'm waiting to get to grips with playing online, which I'm looking forward, to I have been flying the British campaign and some single player missions. I have real difficulty in hearing the voices of any AI, either flight leader or from control.

I have been into the audio options and have 'Voice' set to maximum (and every other setting) but the only other sound option I have is 'Music'. The engine and gunfire are great but voices very soft. Is it my advancing years or something I should have done else?

I dont remember it being so bad before I bought DWT...

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thank you,

Seb

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Trouble hearing the control tower or any other AI voices

Is like is.

Specially voice for directions (numbers) are almost inaudible, incomprehensible, even increasing their volume with Audacity, continues sound faint in game.

Voice acting in CloD is a very very difficult thing to improve, because for do this properly is need record ~ 5,000+ samples with four different persons - for English only.

Even if cut off the Training and Cliffs of Dover campaign voice acting (both almost useless), the number still high, probable ~3,000.

Player made changes result PITA because at every patch Steam copy back the bad samples and the empty samples (50 or more "to do" voices).

4. Likes ATAG_TCP, SebToombs liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.72 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Is like is.

Specially voice for directions (numbers) are almost inaudible, incomprehensible, even increasing their volume with Audacity, continues sound faint in game.

Voice acting in CloD is a very very difficult thing to improve, because for do this properly is need record ~ 5,000+ samples with four different persons - for English only.

Even if cut off the Training and Cliffs of Dover campaign voice acting (both almost useless), the number still high, probable ~3,000.

Player made changes result PITA because at every patch Steam copy back the bad samples and the empty samples (50 or more "to do" voices).

Thank you Lokos I appreciate the reply! ‘Is what is!‘ Is fine by me...

Seb

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    454.91 MB

As SebToombs, I remember that some time ago (before DWT? not sure) I was able to hear the voices quite clearly.
    Another sound issue is that own plane engine and airflow noise (when canopy is open) is too low, compared to external sounds like engines of nearby aircraft, other gun sounds etc.
    My guess is that sound subsystem still needs some tweaking, as it moved to a newer sound library (FMOD).
    I guess Team Fusion wizards are aware of this and will release some fixes sooner or later; having seen how many patches have been rolled out since August release, I would bet on sooner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Mender View Post
    My guess is that sound subsystem still needs some tweaking, as it moved to a newer sound library (FMOD).

Yes, these issues you point happens early in IL-2:BoS, that use the same FMOD, don't remember if has fixed there, long time I don't "hear" that game.

8. Likes SebToombs liked this post