Thread: KittyhawkMkIA-Trop fuel gauge locations need correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.22 GB

KittyhawkMkIA-Trop fuel gauge locations need correction

After a long cross country I have determined that:

The fuel gauge on the instrument panel that reads FUSE is actually indicating the quantity for FRONT WING tank on the selector
    The gauge on the floor at the seat is indicating quantity for REAR WING tank on the selector (which is correct)
    The gauge under the instrument panel is actually indicating quantity for the fuselage tank on the selector

I checked, and same problem with Kittyhawk MKIA
    Last edited by whurst1; Oct-31-2020 at 13:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Re: KittyhawkMkIA-Trop fuel gauge locations need correction

P40 Fuel Tanks.jpg
    P40 Systems.jpg

OK P-40 experts, please help me with managing fuel in these things. Do I have to switch fuel tanks in flight to have 100% of the fuel available to the engine?

The Kittyhawk Flash Card says "Set Fuel selector switch to 'Fuse' (Centre) if aircraft has 100% fuel load. Set to 'Wing' (Auxiliary) if less than 60% load. Does this mean that the Aux tank is the low tank in the system and I can just set the selector there and be done with it.?
    Last edited by Little Bill; Oct-30-2020 at 10:20. Reason: inserted the word Kittyhawk

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I don't think the tanks are connected on the KittyHawk or Tomahawk. If you switch to any tank, it will use fuel until empty, then the engine will start to die and you'll need to switch to a different tank.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.22 GB
    Last edited by whurst1; Oct-30-2020 at 13:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.22 GB

Hi Kendy, all tanks correct and working on all Tomahawks.The only problem with Kittyhawks is that instrument panel gauge labeled FUSE is actually indicating Front Wing quantity and that needs to be switched.

All
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I don't think the tanks are connected on the KittyHawk or Tomahawk. If you switch to any tank, it will use fuel until empty, then the engine will start to die and you'll need to switch to a different tank.
    Last edited by whurst1; Oct-30-2020 at 15:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.22 GB

Hi Little Bill, and yes you are correct. Set fuel to 100%, start on Fuse, when plane starts to shudder, switch to Back wing, when plane shudders again switch to front wing/reserve tank and be looking for a place to land. (shudder= insufficient fuel supply to engine for smooth operation, tank almost empty)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    P40 Fuel Tanks.jpg
    P40 Systems.jpg

OK P-40 experts, please help me with managing fuel in these things. Do I have to switch fuel tanks in flight to have 100% of the fuel available to the engine?

The Kittyhawk Flash Card says "Set Fuel selector switch to 'Fuse' (Centre) if aircraft has 100% fuel load. Set to 'Wing' (Auxiliary) if less than 60% load. Does this mean that the Aux tank is the low tank in the system and I can just set the selector there and be done with it.?
    Last edited by whurst1; Oct-31-2020 at 13:27.

7. Likes Kendy for the State, Little Bill liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by whurst1 View Post
    Hi Kendy, all tanks correct and working on all Tomahawks.The only problem with Kittyhawks is that instrument panel gauge labeled FUSE is actually indicating Eront Wing quantity and that needs to be switched.
    All
    Agree!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

I figured it out, FUSE is short for Fuselage Tank, da! Thanks guys for your help.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul