Thread: HomePlate - WTH?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

HomePlate - WTH?

Trying return to base with a shoot up Beaufighter in one engine, with only altimeter and compass working in cockpit, hit TAB-7-2 for heading.

exxon and mobil gas stations near me

But the direction given - 270º, is off by ~20º.

When I realize that are flying almost parallel to French coast following "HomePlate" guidance, I fly close to North, and only with visual of England the "HomePlate" change for 300.
    It does not make sense to fly to West, nor are the mission waypoints in this direction.

BTW - The font used in Map Tools protractor need be increased, is too small.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-01-2020 at 00:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: HomePlate - WTH?

I remember the Blenheim having a great deal of dip error (>20 degrees) during climbout when the pitch is higher than usual. I wonder if your Beaufighter has a more pronounced nose-up attitude with an engine inoperative...

Try the same route with normal (2 engine) systems operating at higher speed to reduce pitch and related dip error. It would be interesting to see if that works like it does in the Blenheim.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: HomePlate - WTH?

No, is not the case of instrument drift, is the controller guidance, instructing to fly 270 instead 290 of mission returning path or the heading for home based in plane actual postion.

But in another mission I figure the "It's CloD!" way in Single Player:

When you are outside of mission waypoints "tunnel", Home Plate give you the shortest heading for intercept the next waypoint heading - not the short heading for home.

In the case I are a bit North of Dunkirk, so should fly for West (270) for intercept the return waypoint (290), thing is that Home Plate don't tell you when this happens, so is need ask repeatedly until the correct waypoint heading is informed.

In the other mission, I test this deviating from path and ask repeatedly, when plane are over the waypoint bearing "tunel" Home Plate give the correct heading.

google find me a gas station near me

BTW - If you set a plane for spawn in the air, with just close waypoints, TAB-7-2 guide you for nearest airfield, even if are in France, but if you spawn above a give distance of the nearest airfield, seems more than 15/20 KM, then Home Plate ignore you, even if latter you fly over an airfield.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-05-2020 at 20:32.

4. Likes Baffin liked this post