Thread: Feature request: Egypt-Libya border line to be made visible on the in-game map

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Feature request: Egypt-Libya border line to be made visible on the in-game map

Hi guys, the Border Wire fence is a great landmark to navigate in the game, but it is a bit difficult to use as it does not appear on the in-game map. Would it be possible to have a dashed line marking the international border between Egypt and Libya on the in-game map?

2. Likes Yo-Yo, R433009, 5th Hellrider, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Feature request: Egypt-Libya border line to be made visible on the in-game map

Hi Flare,

I added the Libyan-Egyptian border on this version of the Tobruk Map for flashcards.

If there is a general interest, I'll see if it can get included in a next release
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-02-2020 at 11:23.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Feature request: Egypt-Libya border line to be made visible on the in-game map

That's fantastic, Noofy. It would be great to have it implemented on the in-game map as well as the pdf file though. Much easier to look at the zoomable ingame one than to open the pdf on a second screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    That's fantastic, Noofy. It would be great to have it implemented on the in-game map as well as the pdf file though. Much easier to look at the zoomable ingame one than to open the pdf on a second screen.
    That's out of my jurisdiction I'm afraid...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Hello Flare I guess this would be my jurisdiction but we have currently no way to mark the border without redoing the NAV map and it is a huge file. To my knowledge there is no Country marker within the map tools so that would have to be created also so what we did was to color the sand differently all along the border making it easy to identify from the air sir. Since mission builders have the advantage to mark the current front lines you would think the country lines make no difference during the combat phase of a war. Only after it is over would these lines be important to the countries.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    Hello Flare I guess this would be my jurisdiction but we have currently no way to mark the border without redoing the NAV map and it is a huge file. To my knowledge there is no Country marker within the map tools so that would have to be created also so what we did was to color the sand differently all along the border making it easy to identify from the air sir. Since mission builders have the advantage to mark the current front lines you would think the country lines make no difference during the combat phase of a war. Only after it is over would these lines be important to the countries.
    Hi Fatal,

Good to hear the technical bits behind how this is done. The reason I would like it is so when you see the border from the air you can open up the map and see where you are in relation to towns/airfields etc. Currently the border wire has great potential to be used as a navigation aid because of how visibile it is from the air but it's not actually very useful because it doesn't appear on the map. If it was just marked the same was as a road for example but maybe in grey instead of brown that would probably suffice.