Thread: CoD laying a bad too small 87triangle over my skins correct sized one, result a mess.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

CoD laying a bad too small 87triangle over my skins correct sized one, result a mess.

Hi,
    How can I get rid of a clash of images, I have my 87 Octane triangle as correct size and quality exactly where it should go, on my ACCURATE 4 months of work Me109E skin, and CoD is laying on top of it a terrible quality small triangle half its size and ruining it and my skin. As all skins will have this happen with this too small a default image how does one stop that ?

I cant release my skins until solved and I wanted to do so and make use of the BoB 80th anniversary. I have overcome all other CoD problems in its skin mapping process on the Me109E, wingtips, windscreen and engine cowling kidney blister especially and have now a better template, colours are now as accurate as CoD allows and follow the correct colours of Ken Merrick and Jurgen Kiroff charts, Camouflage and Markings Vol 1 and 2 and taken at the time items from the surface that I have access to. (3 months in 2019 to solve that) months of work.

Cheers

BOBC

varrattu

Re: CoD laying a bad too small 87triangle over my skins correct sized one, result a m

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

~V~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: CoD laying a bad too small 87triangle over my skins correct sized one, result a m

At the moment there is no way to remove it without altering other things.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

To OP,

I can understand the frustration, but if you release your skins without the good triangle I'm pretty sure people would be appreciative of the rest of your accuracy. Artists are often more critical than the viewer of their work, certainly I don't think people would see things as ruined, or the bad triangle you can not do anything about as being a reflection on your abilities.

If TF can also see what you've created it may help bump that triangle change up their list...
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Thanks Yo Yo.
    No hope then. If it hasnt been fixed by now it never will get fixed.
    I have spent ages getting this skin absolutely bang on, I dont deal in half baked work, so to have to put out a note with it saying its wrong in that area thanks to a crummy incorrect sized fuzzy CoD triangle really hurts. I dont expect TF to go and fix it though as focus is on the desert in what is a BoB sim. The last thing on their plates is a lousy looking 87 octane triangle spoiling skins, even if it has taken many months just resolving colour engine and skin mapping issues, establishing perfect matching skin joint demarcations and correct colours at last. I have given up on even seeing Luftwaffe and RAF groundcrew replacing the Wehrmacht and the British Army., what a joke, why was that ever done ? such basic visual nasties persist. If we are stuck with such gross errors a bad triangle will remain. TF are just too busy on non BoB things nowadays.

I will generate screen stills as part of the promo pack and edit in the correct triangle, I also will edit in the correct flared nose vents removing the slits CoD has, to show an accurate Emil. Maybe one day CoD will be devoid of basic errors , I can but hope.

No point in posting to the tech thread if this is a technical issue as all my posts are now sidelined as a sticky which unless one deliberately opens it up nothing is ever seen and they dont appear to all now when posted as is how forums are good and operate., However I shall try, just to see for sure.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

It is not a matter of us not caring to change it. As I already told you, it is not possible at the moment without compromising other elements of the default skin and hidden layers.
    The triangular marking is on an inherited layer. We didn't make it. We are not able to simply change one element of the layer as it is a composite of several layers, the components of which are not available to us.
    If we removed all of the markings, stencils, hatches that have been reported as incorrect or blurred then you would be left with skins with erased areas all over them devoid of rivets , panel lines, wear, dirt, shading, and colour variation.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

7. Likes 1lokos, ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    ok understood, hey ho , guess its lump it and like it as they say. Pity Oleg and team made that so intertwined and complex.
    Dream...Oleg comes on board to solve a few issues, wake up..try to get back into the dream !

is it ever worth asking him/them ? The guy (or gal ?) that was behind it, might have a few hrs or days to spare if he was to know of it. If one doesnt ask one doesnt know as one says.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    The triangular marking is on an inherited layer. We didn't make it. We are not able to simply change one element of the layer as it is a composite of several layers, the components of which are not available to us.
    Hi,

May I ask what you mean by this, do you mean there are image file layers and things that you cannot get access to, or, that it's something like many layers have been flattened into an output image, and so you can't easily remove just the one part of it, and to rebuild the whole image is the issue?

Please forgive any naivity on my part I'm just trying to understand what TF are facing; my assumption is/was that you now have access to all files etc. of the game, so the blocks are time/capacity/skill* related rather than things being inaccessible/locked.

*I'm not saying anyone is lacking skill in what they do, just that some people are skilled modelers, skinners, coders, designers etc. and you need the specific skills to do specific tasks.

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

... is/was that you now have access to all files etc. of the game,
    My guess - considering the perceptible lack of priority in work in CloD after their "release" - MG crew are focused in make the (failed) MMO "BoM", and that some of their patches more broken than fix... last patch, rushed by Loft (from the ulterior 1CGS), was more a roll-back of an previous patch (2nd back)... formerly programmer "laundry" in Sukhoi... probable much of the files, coding... was not document, saved... lost for good.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    My guess - considering the perceptible lack of priority in work in CloD after their "release" - MG crew are focused in make the (failed) MMO "BoM", and that some of their patches more broken than fix... last patch, rushed by Loft (from the ulterior 1CGS), was more a roll-back of an previous patch (2nd back)... formerly programmer "laundry" in Sukhoi... probable much of the files, coding... was not document, saved... lost for good.
    Bu what you say doesn't make sense to me. If there is a trangle showing on a skin for instance, somewhere it must surely exist as an image (I doubt it is coded pixel by pixel!), and some code or image flattening or whatever places it on to a model over a skin or whatever. I can't understand how even if changes are made and some things lost (according to your post), that somethign can still display if it doesn't exist? Maybe by 'lost' you mean things are locked away?

So I come back to my question of whether the image is locked away, or if it is 'just' a matter of rebuilding something that, yes, could indeed be incredibly time consuming but possible. And if they want help from people out here I'm sure some one will be able to try and help?

If things are locked away it would be nice to know because then expectations can be managed; and this was why I asked about the AirAttack/ returning home behaviour in another thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Well, for illustrate, someday I discover, by pure chance, that Tiger Moth of London School squadron show Nose Art over skins, and only this squadron and that plane are able to show.

After Salmo show in a video that for other planes are lacking a reference for Nose Art in a text file related to aircraft's.

Seems a simple thing to fix, no?

But the Nose Art - I try most common files formats for transparent image, don't keep the transparent area of their image, showing a white square around.. what indicates that are more problems in skins/nose art coding, and so the matter die...

Not that make Nose Art work now worth the work involved and will make difference, but things seems more complex in CloD code than apparently is.

Probable attempt to remove this triangle asked by OP cause "collateral effects" somewhere.

Remember that in the release searchlights light work, but soon an Luthier patch broken then and after take years for TF make work again (seems 0K in 5.0xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Layers with stencils, First Aid crosses, yellow triangles etc. are - on a number of aircraft - mixed together with slight wear, panels, rivets, and other things. These were part of the original CoD release.

No, in some cases we don't have all of the separate components on different layers. They were a composite when we got them, and that is not a problem ... until you need to change something. So it is far from ideal, and it would be better for us to create everything from scratch, but it is a big job. Some time in the future maybe.
    If you look at the single layer templates in the download section you get an idea of how it looks with everything bunched together on certain layers.
    Yes we have access to lots of original cod stuff, but in this case no; not to the multilayered PSD files used to initially create them.
    Last edited by major_setback; Nov-05-2020 at 05:55.

Principle skinner

15. Likes von Graf liked this post