Thread: Allied CEM - quick check sheets

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Allied CEM - quick check sheets

Hi,

I find that after learning the basics from the official flash cards I then tend to just want a quick visual reference for engine settings, so that when jumping between aircraft, especially if I don't regularly fly them, I can hopefully 'get up to speed' quickly on the engine limits.

So here are some tables I made for myself, based entirely on the flash cards, that I can print off, trim down in size a bit and keep to the side on my desk.

(Sorry, no Axis aircraft listed).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Allied CEM - quick check sheets

A few days I did a "dirt" test with Beaufighter 1c in Channel map for make a "Slide" and fly for ~1 game hour abusing of engine temperature, for lack of another reference the limits I pick from that Pilot notes at left.

Right engine temp reach 273º, but oil stay around 90º.

* Trim nose down after lower flaps is required in game, IRL is the contrary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

You can also check this manual about the Beau ( Sorry i haven't resisted )

http://bit.ly/rafrockets
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-04-2020 at 20:23.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

4. Likes rontaila liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    Hi,

I find that after learning the basics from the official flash cards I then tend to just want a quick visual reference for engine settings, so that when jumping between aircraft, especially if I don't regularly fly them, I can hopefully 'get up to speed' quickly on the engine limits.

So here are some tables I made for myself, based entirely on the flash cards, that I can print off, trim down in size a bit and keep to the side on my desk.

(Sorry, no Axis aircraft listed).
    Please keepin mind that, when we made the flashcards, we gave very, very 'conservative' settings intended to bring new pilots savely up in the air and back down again.
    It was never intended to provide numbers with which a veteran pilot might push the aircraft to its limits.

The numbers given are based on real manuals for the aircraft, as well as on our tests that were taken place right to the last days before release, when TFS finetuned the engine models.
    The numbers in the original flight manuals usually are rather conservative themselves, because naturally during flight training you want to stay on the save side.

What happens later in combat is a different thing and depends on your experience (and what your commanding officer tolerates).
    We just wanted to give new pilots the chance to acquire this experience without too much frustration.

S!

DerDa

PS:
    We also created one-page 'short manuals' for all without pictures for cheap and easy print-out, but they did not make it into release.
    Last edited by DerDa; Nov-05-2020 at 01:40.

6. Likes rontaila, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    427.66 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    PS:
    We also created one-page 'short manuals' for all without pictures for cheap and easy print-out, but they did not make it into release.
    Perfect! Any chance these will make it into the next update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Perfect! Any chance these will make it into the next update?
    It would be quite a lot of work to bring them up to date and translate them into all the languages again.
    Anyway this has to be decided by TFS.
    But if enough people from the community would ask for them ...

9. Likes deep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Could update this section, with engine limits (RPM, temps...) like the ones compiled by Yo-Yo.

Beau.jpg

This "%" is OK... for online crowd.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Please keepin mind that, when we made the flashcards, we gave very, very 'conservative' settings intended to bring new pilots savely up in the air and back down again.
    It was never intended to provide numbers with which a veteran pilot might push the aircraft to its limits.
    Yep sure. I may have hundreds of hours in 109s (in BoX) but anything with real CEM limits means I'm just a permanent novice!

Mostly for me it is just a case of moving between 'safe' cruise and being able to focus on navigation more than temperatures...

... then a bit more for climbing with more temperature monitoring,...

... then for combat and take off, screw the dials, it is just whatever goes!

...aaaaand then back into a safe mode if I'm by now not hanging in a parachute.

So the most important setting for me often is really just 'cruise/cooldown'.

I had a lovely experience the other day online where I didn't set the Blenheim back into cruise properly after pushign it to get out of France; just as I returned to the white cliffs after a successful sortie the engine temperatures got too high, luckily I managed to nurse the aircraft back to Hawkinge (I think it was) for a safe landing. Very satisfying, and why the engine management is great 'fun' at times in Clod.
    Last edited by Yo-Yo; Nov-06-2020 at 06:42.

12. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Any cheap print out versions woudl be greatly appreciated, because printing the whole thing out, and then maybe again if there are updates or a tea spill, especially in colour, sucks out a massive amount of ink from a crap home printer. And cartridges are a complete rip-off (no local refill service).

(Thats really why I made the table, because I originally made my printout too small to try and save ink/paper, and I didn't fancy printing the whole thing out again just for the key information.)

14. Likes deep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

You don’t need to print "the whole thing". Just the plane you want to fly...
    I personally open it on a tablet so I can save ink and trees...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

16. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You don’t need to print "the whole thing". Just the plane you want to fly...
    I personally open it on a tablet so I can save ink and trees...
    But what if you want to fly more than 1 aircraft, or 2 or 3 or 4.... I'd fly them all if I could; I don't like to restrict myself because I haven't printed off the key info.

I don't have a tablet, even if I did I doubt I could fit it safely on my desk that is in a hole under some stairs (and my 'smart' phone is tiny I can read an email but browsing the web or a real document is difficult).

Sorry, I wasn't looking for an argument just trying to share something that works for me and then supported the idea of 'smaller versions of flashcards having a use'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    But what if you want to fly more than 1 aircraft, or 2 or 3 or 4.... I'd fly them all if I could; I don't like to restrict myself because I haven't printed off the key info.

I don't have a tablet, even if I did I doubt I could fit it safely on my desk that is in a hole under some stairs (and my 'smart' phone is tiny I can read an email but browsing the web or a real document is difficult).

Sorry, I wasn't looking for an argument just trying to share something that works for me and then supported the idea of 'smaller versions of flashcards having a use'.
    We had this 'argument' (im the most friendly and constructive manner you can imagine and more than often ending in hilariousness) several times within the manual team.
    Those modern minded youngsters like Noofy, Marlow and Pete voted for the flashy cards (and to be honest we were struggling to get those ready in time) but an old fart like me likes to have some nice printouts, on real paper, bound and all.

I wouldn't mind to get to work on the things again, if only to revive the manual teams meetings

19. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

We had this 'argument' (im the most friendly and constructive manner you can imagine and more than often ending in hilariousness) several times within the manual team.
    Those modern minded youngsters like Noofy, Marlow and Pete voted for the flashy cards (and to be honest we were struggling to get those ready in time) but an old fart like me likes to have some nice printouts, on real paper, bound and all.

I wouldn't mind to get to work on the things again, if only to revive the manual teams meetings
    Yep don't get me wrong, the current cards are really nicely done.

(I miss game/flight sim manuals that could sit on a shelf and were as thick as a block of cheese, but that's a whole different thing (and wouldn't actually satisfy my current quick reference needs. But then actually you used to have keyboard overlays and all manner of things included in a box))

21. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

OK, OK, there you go

Short Manuals - BLUE-En.pdf

Short Manuals - RED-En.pdf

Printable Engine Tables - all aircraft.pdf

Please note this a draft version and not the official release...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-06-2020 at 19:49.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

This is great, Noofy! Thank you for doing this.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

24. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Good work

26. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Snapper, deep liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    427.66 MB

Thanks Noofy!

28. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

IF... who created the "sweetheart in cockpit" thing had been a little more creative ...

Sweetheart.jpg

30. Likes danperin, Fred Karno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

2 monitor setup. One for game, the other for flashcards. Problem solved.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

32. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post