Thread: How is the fixing of the incorrect groundcrew and flight gear progressing ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How is the fixing of the incorrect groundcrew and flight gear progressing ?

Hi,
    Its been a while ( year or so) since reading that it is planned to turn the groundcrew error of Wehrmacht and the British Army into the Luftwaffe and the RAF, no doubt the same is happening in the desert though I havent flown desert as I have 0 interest in sand. I was just wondering how this is progressing ?

If there is anything holding it up what might that be and what skills are required for anyone to assist ?

Ditto the flying gear, uniform and flying gear colours, bad fitting straps, headphones on pilots etc.

Also default giving us Spitfire Mk ll with rounded spinner and not Mk l , THE type for the Battle, as it should be.

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: How is the fixing of the incorrect groundcrew and flight gear progressing ?

At least in Channel map - don't check in Tobruk, RAF ground crew now use blue uniform, but unless some drivers bareheaded they use "Battle Bowler" all time.

Spitfire 1 was modeled wrong since "O.Maddox" days:
    https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3190122/1

The propeller pitch - now is Bowden cable, and an label for radiator was fixed in cockpit - but radiator lever still moving in wrong quadrant making this label moot, the rest is a mix of Mk.II and other Mk's cockpit... supposedly correct according to what the original developers verified in some "secret NKVD document" found after the collapse of the USSR.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-03-2020 at 19:17.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi 1lokos,
    I need to get this v5 and go see, I wondered if the flying gear and headsets errors were also fixed, as was mentioned a year or so ago. I even volunteered my services but never heard back.

for the Spitfire, I also refer to the very obvious error in the outside, the domed spinner of the Mk ll appearing to anyone that quickly grabs a spitfire, spoiling loads of otherwise great print screens.

why did Oleg not get hold of Spitfire data readily available to the world, and instead grab some dusty USSR stuff ? Are they denied access to world data, ?

No Belfast hangers for example, yet they are VITAL for many BoB airfields.
    Chain Home towers missing an entire set of platforms.
    Army for groundcrew.
    Many cockpit errors,
    yet so much tie spent on panzer tanks, trains and so on.

I never understood why.

I truly hope in 5 we get the Mk l as default as its the icon of the Battle so must be seen, not the Mk ll.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi 1lokos,
    I wondered if the flying gear and headsets errors were also fixed, as was mentioned a year or so ago.
    No, and I advise you forget about this, the player base don't care about.

Looks like that in Il-2:GB pilots uniforms are very well detailed, but this series difficult goes to "1940's", their next map: Normandy 1944 will fill the player base "B of B" needs, with low level dogfights of Spit Vb, IX, XIV etc x BF 109 F, G and Fw 190 over "La Manche". Sames goes for DCS World.

why did Oleg not get hold of Spitfire data readily available to the world, and instead grab some dusty USSR stuff ? Are they denied access to world data, ?
    This is a joke, when someone say that something is wrong in certain Russian made CFS game, developers say that have access to some NKVD secret document proving they correct, and who doubt need show documents proving the contrary.

But if you look careful will see that some details of CloD Hurricane was modeled based on Hurricanes send for Russia in end of 1941, and not in "B of B" 1940 models.

... trains and so on.
    Trains at least was not made by Oleg crew, but by a guy from Germany who was promised financial reward, and probable, with the game release debacle, receive nothing.

The bitter truth is, the last chance of us see a "B of B" well made game was lost with CloD.
    Are good games like Wings: Over the Reich, but based in the old MS:CFS engine.

But the majority of CFS player base, specially multiplayer, don't want "B of B"scenery anymore, they want last war "uber" planes. Last years show that are even lobbys against Pacific war scenery.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-05-2020 at 20:34.

5. Likes von Graf liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Nevertheless, for a Battle of Britain simulator, what we have is pretty damn good!

Not perfect, but what is? It's 95% of the way there.

The only major problem for me is the very wrong rudder flight modelling - totally unrealistic nose-nodding and makes stall turns, flick rolls and side-slipping either impossible or very difficult. These manoevres are all easy in real life.

7. Likes von Graf liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    1lokos

in https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...616#post366616 is a list of mods in V5, I dont see mention of the fixing of army, removal and install of Luft and RAF at all.
    I have mentioned there you say :-
    At least in Channel map - don't check in Tobruk, RAF ground crew now use blue uniform, but unless some drivers bareheaded they use "Battle Bowler" all time.

so why isnt it in list ?

lots of minor stuff fixed but the glaring stupid error (Oleg must have been &*%$£ ) is the Army attending to aircraft and ground equipment and an inability to fly low as AI, and the 110 circles so well known and which the RAF had to attack.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi 1lokos,
    still wondering your mention of groundcrew fixed, its not in the fixed list for 5.

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    1lokos

in https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...616#post366616 is a list of mods in V5, I dont see mention of the fixing of army, removal and install of Luft and RAF at all.
    I have mentioned there you say :-

so why isnt it in list ?

lots of minor stuff fixed but the glaring stupid error (Oleg must have been &*%$£ ) is the Army attending to aircraft and ground equipment and an inability to fly low as AI, and the 110 circles so well known and which the RAF had to attack.

BOBC