Thread: Stick to me like glue Simon , low level and 110 circles ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Stick to me like glue Simon , low level and 110 circles ?

Hi,
    I flew quick mission advantage axis and came down on a formation of Hurricanes which just went always, this wouldnt have happened, vics would have tried to stay together or at least end up with a pair. Every time I take on fighters they are all over the place never two aircraft together it seems, if flying allied I should see a schwarm break into two pairs.

Can a low level raid now be created as was a speciality of Erprobungsgruppe 210 ? I would love to do the Kenley raid as well. When last time I tried I was told it was to be fixed as part of the next release. I seem to remember low level was also a desert tactic making the most of sand dunes ? Would anything as such be retro fitted to BoB England ?

Defensive Me110 circles another BoB well known feature again a forthcoming feature so hows that coming along ?

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Stick to me like glue Simon , low level and 110 circles ?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Can a low level raid now be created as was a speciality of Erprobungsgruppe 210 ?
    1 - When AI engage prevail "every man for himself".

2 - In 5.010 an attempt was made for lower minimal altitude for 10 meters (in FMB you can enter 1), but the practical is 60 meters, bellow AI enter in conflict with himself, trying stay lower and at same time climb for more safety height, what result in a weird 'Dolphin" flight.

3 - Defensive circles (Lufbery) is not modeled in CLoD, and AFAIK, in any IL-2 game.

Although I have see mention that "Lufbery" was promised for "Storm of War", the predecessor of CloD, in UbiZ00 "heydays".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-03-2020 at 19:25.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi 1lokos,
    hope you are staying safe.

Thats a shame that AI doesnt follow actual BoB formation practice.

and doesnt recreate the defensive circle, I had heard talk of 'we hope to add that to CoD'

You mention in version 5.
    I have Blitz 4.53.0 as latest version, it sounds great that the RAF are the RAF, FANTASTIC YIPPEE in fact, I dont bind battle bowlers, just glad to see the RAF !

What about the Luftwaffe ?

so am I missing out on an upgrade now ? I had steam online turned off to avoid that mini update Steam did that messed up CoD users, and never felt safe to turn Steam back on, its invasive and a pest at times, (I dont fly online) but would I need to access 5.0 and install it myself and if so where from ?

Is all hope abandoned on defensive circles as its so BoB for the 110 we need them.

You say 60m is achievable, do I understand that correctly. if so FANTASTIC AGAIN. oh boy ! Whizzo and Tally Ho.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Yes, for what I test when set 60 meters in FMB the AI fly OK, but 59 meters or bellow no.

I have Blitz 4.53.0
    You have free upgrade for 5.000 and no reason for don't update.

I find graphics - terrain, lights, overall look better in 5.000 than in 4.53.
    FMB is less "clunk" now, GUI for controls less convoluted, with most of non used commands hidden, what cut the options about 40%.

I just give a briefly look in Tobruk map and with Hurricane only, so can't say about this contend, graphically looks OK.