Thread: Any word yet on continuing through the next phase. Map & aircraft?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Any word yet on continuing through the next phase. Map & aircraft?

Hi TF:

I guess it's way to early to ask, maybe we'll know better in six months?

2. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Any word yet on continuing through the next faze. Map & aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Hi TF:

Well now that we finally have got Alaska, the logical move would be to proceed to Siberia and the Battle of the North Polar Sea.
    Otherwise Antarktikawould make a lot of sense, you just have to reskin the polar bears as penguins.
    But no, thinking about it again, it's better not to do this: all the discussion about the penguin's flight model would be pure horror!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Also imagine getting some reindeers as well. I can already hear the forum comments: "Rudolfs red nose is definitely overmodelled. How has this not been noticed in beta testing?"

5. Likes DerDa, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Fixes > content please.

There's a massive amount of aircraft in the game, but we (SP users) need the fixes for attack_air and returning to base amongst others please. I don't know if this is even possible because there was no answer as to if there was any possibility/hope.

Currently I've found I'm using my mission building time to play Elite instead as it seems more productive! :O

I know this is still effectively an unpaid mod but please, for the love of cheese, some fixes to the important bits of SP please.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

7. Likes Mysticpuma, rince77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

You need to keep in mind however that people who work on new planes and maps are usually not the same ones working on the code fixes you are asking for.
    Just because TF might start work on another expansion doesn't mean work on fixing and improving what we already have has to stop.
    Last edited by Karaya; Nov-10-2020 at 07:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Well now that we finally have got Alaska, the logical move would be to proceed to Siberia and the Battle of the North Polar Sea.
    Otherwise Antarktikawould make a lot of sense, you just have to reskin the polar bears as penguins.
    But no, thinking about it again, it's better not to do this: all the discussion about the penguin's flight model would be pure horror!
    How do you say “G.50” in innuit language?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    You need to keep in mind however that people who work on new planes and maps are usually not the same ones working on the code fixes you are asking for.
    Just because TF might start work on another expansion doesn't mean work on fixing and improving what we already have has to stop.
    Well Malta then please!

There's just so much silence on the attack_air thing and other fixes like that, it's been there since forever. Previously I asked if they can see these sort of things and are puzzling over them/waiting for capacity, or are they are locked away unable to be fixed? The response I got was about TF not getting paid and another contributor sayings things sometimes get messed up and lost by changes that are made. Neither answer gives any clarification on what to tentatively hope for.

I see next to zero activity in the single player/mission building section here and it is concerning. CloD is currently: MP very good but sparsely populated; SP pretty flawed.

I don't blame TF for any of these issues, I know they are working to modify someone else's origins and I know that is not easy. they have improved MP no end, that is plain to see, it is the best experience (aside from the quiet servers) but it is the SP progress/silence that is just so.... disconcerting....

12. Likes Mysticpuma, rince77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    How do you say “G.50” in innuit language?
    anarpoq isaroq motoori baalia (shit winged motor tub)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Sounds about right
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

15. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We are still talking to 1C about where and if TF goes next.

And we need to do our own planning.

We do hope to announce a name and new project within the next six months... we won't wait till the last moment like we did with TOBRUK.

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Hi TF:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

We do hope to announce a name and new project within the next six months... we won't wait till the last moment like we did with TOBRUK.
    Thank you TF for all you did / are doing to keep our dream alive

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

Yes that's great news. I just like hear that things are still stirring..

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.18 MB

Ok then,

I will spoil a little here, hope Buzzsaw won't be angry at me...

Because the map crew has some experience with desertical terrain now and also because there seems to be lot of demand for the very late war planes,
    TFS will make this time instead of a hot environement, a very cold one.
    It has been hard to decide as there are some specific effects that TFs would like to insert ,effects being for the first inserted into a commercial Combat Sim.
    The planes that have been chosen are all from 45/46, the following list is not exhaustive, so we'll have Spitfire 21, P-51H, Bearcat and the P-80 on the red side.
    Maybe, if possible a B-29 but that's not sure, it's a lot of 3d and coding work.
    TFS would like also to implment directly the carrier operations, so at least 3 American Aircraft carriers will be present
    On the Blue side we'll have the Ta-152 C/H/ Ar-234C/ Me-262HG3/Ta-183.
    And as a world premiere for the Blue side, with the help of the silent Hunter modding crew, we'll have a Pilotable U boot
    There is also a specific point that caused concern when choosing the next theatre, it was the Flight model of the Pinguins, no final decision has been made yet as what pinguin model the FM has to be based on so it's still TBD.
    As For the Map, it won't be a 1/1 scale, but a 1/4 Scale this time (Why bother with real Terrain if it's to dogfight anyway? Who Cares?)
    The area Chosen was New Schwalbia with the tip of argentina. We'll have the submarines bases, the Airfields hid into the mountains and the Entry Hole for the Inner-Earth to visit the lizard people (the 3d model for those has still to be created btw).
    Let's not forget about the Vril-2/3 and 4 (Vril 1 was a prototype so it won't be included, it would be streched muuuuch too far) that will be first available as AI, because of their FM that need a full dedidcated code for it, but don't worry , we have all the necessary Files, Declassified from Area51.
    I hope i haven't spoiled too much and that you still will be happy playing CoD-the FrozenWar46.

Disclaimer: the opinions and thoughts here-above are strictly mine and do not represent the actual ideas of TFS
    PS: this was a poor attempt at Satire.

20. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Flare, rontaila, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by badatflyski View Post
    Ok then,

I will spoil a little here, hope Buzzsaw won't be angry at me...

Because the map crew has some experience with desertical terrain now and also because there seems to be lot of demand for the very late war planes,
    TFS will make this time instead of a hot environement, a very cold one.
    It has been hard to decide as there are some specific effects that TFs would like to insert ,effects being for the first inserted into a commercial Combat Sim.
    The planes that have been chosen are all from 45/46, the following list is not exhaustive, so we'll have Spitfire 21, P-51H, Bearcat and the P-80 on the red side.
    Maybe, if possible a B-29 but that's not sure, it's a lot of 3d and coding work.
    TFS would like also to implment directly the carrier operations, so at least 3 American Aircraft carriers will be present
    On the Blue side we'll have the Ta-152 C/H/ Ar-234C/ Me-262HG3/Ta-183.
    And as a world premiere for the Blue side, with the help of the silent Hunter modding crew, we'll have a Pilotable U boot
    There is also a specific point that caused concern when choosing the next theatre, it was the Flight model of the Pinguins, no final decision has been made yet as what pinguin model the FM has to be based on so it's still TBD.
    As For the Map, it won't be a 1/1 scale, but a 1/4 Scale this time (Why bother with real Terrain if it's to dogfight anyway? Who Cares?)
    The area Chosen was New Schwalbia with the tip of argentina. We'll have the submarines bases, the Airfields hid into the mountains and the Entry Hole for the Inner-Earth to visit the lizard people (the 3d model for those has still to be created btw).
    Let's not forget about the Vril-2/3 and 4 (Vril 1 was a prototype so it won't be included, it would be streched muuuuch too far) that will be first available as AI, because of their FM that need a full dedidcated code for it, but don't worry , we have all the necessary Files, Declassified from Area51.
    I hope i haven't spoiled too much and that you still will be happy playing CoD-the FrozenWar46.

Disclaimer: the opinions and thoughts here-above are strictly mine and do not represent the actual ideas of TFS
    PS: this was a poor attempt at Satire.
    Can you confirm that all the Fighter AI will be based on Karaya clones, while the gunners in bombers do have my shooting abilities?
    That doesn't bode well ...

22. Likes rontaila liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

I would much prefer the bomber gunner gets karaya accuracy whilst any fighter be it ai or human get the stickz mod ie part blind and 50deg accuracy deviation.
    And my penguin in the rear seat is gonna need a booster cushion

24. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Cool Re: Any word yet on continuing through the next faze. Map & aircraft?

What about....Smolensk '41? We have all the German aircraft already.

+a FW190A for the channel front.
    Last edited by Bussard; Nov-13-2020 at 18:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post

As far as I remember, the original agreement between 1C, 777 and TFS said that 777 has the exclusive rights for the eastern front and the Pacific, while TFS could do North Africa and the western front.

Well, we all know that things went different, but I'm quite sure that TFS has to keep their part of the agreement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post

I think this sim, and that is if things continue is going to be western front only if I remember right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

What? No G.55?

29. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post

As far as I remember, the original agreement between 1C, 777 and TFS said that 777 has the exclusive rights for the eastern front and the Pacific, while TFS could do North Africa and the western front.

Well, we all know that things went different, but I'm quite sure that TFS has to keep their part of the agreement.
    I think your imagination might be getting the better of your memory here.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Re: Any word yet on continuing through the next phase. Map & aircraft?

Can I make a respectful observation as a single player and lover of immersive missions and campaigns:

Firstly I would counter what I am about to say with this: I welcome any development in the CloD environment, it's the sim that I feel most affinity with.

It is my opinion that other sims have left the SP experience behind in order to satisfy a commercial model that is driven by MP demands and subsequently 'the next map, the next aircraft'. In my opinion, this manifests itself in other sims as a huge amount of superficial content but with no depth to the experience for a SP. All style and no substance, if you will.

I do hope that TF aren't drawn into this cycle. My preference would be to consolidate what we have in terms of resolving long-standing issues for the SP - AI flight management & control, voice acting, campaign tracking, dynamic campaign generator etc etc.

I may be alone, but right now I would pay for these improvements over a new theatre.

Thanks and respect to TF for getting us to where we are today!

Regards,

M

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post
    Can I make a respectful observation as a single player and lover of immersive missions and campaigns:

Firstly I would counter what I am about to say with this: I welcome any development in the CloD environment, it's the sim that I feel most affinity with.

It is my opinion that other sims have left the SP experience behind in order to satisfy a commercial model that is driven by MP demands and subsequently 'the next map, the next aircraft'. In my opinion, this manifests itself in other sims as a huge amount of superficial content but with no depth to the experience for a SP. All style and no substance, if you will.

I do hope that TF aren't drawn into this cycle. My preference would be to consolidate what we have in terms of resolving long-standing issues for the SP - AI flight management & control, voice acting, campaign tracking, dynamic campaign generator etc etc.

I may be alone, but right now I would pay for these improvements over a new theatre.

Regards,

M
    100%

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post

Regards,

M
    Well said! 100% agree.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.23 MB

100% as well

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    56.28 MB

100% as well

But I swear that the sales man said the wildcat came with a carrier

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    Also imagine getting some reindeers as well. I can already hear the forum comments: "Rudolfs red nose is definitely overmodelled. How has this not been noticed in beta testing?"

Massively weighted to the red side.

but... its cold... so...

98% blue

(insert internet rage.... here)

I'm gonna play nintendo
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-04-2021 at 18:51.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    100% as well

But I swear that the sales man said the wildcat came with a carrier
    its a shoulder holder...

but you will need Thor... or Hulk.. or a... fat bloke off the wresting channel to lift it

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

I have seen this little hint dropped on the other forum. Unofficial but should be enough to generate hype
    Screenshot .png

39. Likes Mysticpuma liked this post