Thread: Can we expect french dubbing and MS406 in far future?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.24 MB

Can we expect french dubbing and MS406 in far future?

Question in title. Do developers think about implementning such things in the future or for now there are so many problems that "french issues" are not even taken under attention? French dubbing will improve immersion and about MS406 C1 we should remember that this plane was a work-horse of Armée de l’air, so it would be awesome to fly MS406 on Battle of France servers e.g. in 2 years. We got D520 but you know - "give him an inch and he will take a mile" ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

ms406.jpg

EDIT. Damn, there is similar topic, sorry for spam. If i can ask for deleting this thread or something...
    Last edited by Dupxo; Nov-14-2020 at 10:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Can we expect french dubbing and MS406 in far future?

Hello

We do plan to have French language pilot voices and ground controllers in the future.

No, it is unlikely we will be creating an MS-406.

Our next module will not be focused on the Battle of France and therefore there is no real place for this aircraft. We added the D.520 but this was a bit of an unplanned situation where the aircraft just happened.

Also it does fit into the later war on the Western and Med fronts better as it was used by the Vichy French, Italians and Germans.

There is a chance in the future of us creating the Hawk 75/P-36 because it is a relatively easy conversion from the Tomahawk, but likely not for next module.

Any real France 1940 scenario would require the expansion of the Channel map to include Belgium and Holland, Paris, etc. and would be a huge amount of work with all the landmarks, many cities etc.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Nov-15-2020 at 18:09.

3. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

I think a Hawk75A-2 on its own, even without further BoF centered content, would still appeal to a fairly large number of people. The D.520 got a lot of positive feedback and was very well received. I imagine the same would be true for the Hawk. I cant recall any serious flight sim that has ever modelled the P-36 in any version so that would cover an area of WW2 that has barely been touched before.

Besides there is also a fair amount of material available on it to work off of including a french flight manual which details flight performances, flight limitations, internal systems and features a few cockpit shots. I have that saved on my hard drive if TFS is interested in it.

PS: Also have a detailed flight manual for the MB.152 if thats of any interest

5. Likes DerDa, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    I think a Hawk75A-2 on its own, even without further BoF centered content, would still appeal to a fairly large number of people. The D.520 got a lot of positive feedback and was very well received. I imagine the same would be true for the Hawk. I cant recall any serious flight sim that has ever modelled the P-36 in any version so that would cover an area of WW2 that has barely been touched before.

Besides there is also a fair amount of material available on it to work off of including a french flight manual which details flight performances, flight limitations, internal systems and features a few cockpit shots. I have that saved on my hard drive if TFS is interested in it.

PS: Also have a detailed flight manual for the MB.152 if thats of any interest
    One of the last patches of Il2 1946 had the Hawk (and the MS.406 or maybe this was just a mod).
    The map would be a really big project, though.
    On the other hand it could be used for late war scenarios as well ...

Manual Creation Group 343KKT_Kintaro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 MB

Yes, I think in '46 the Morane-Saulnier MS.406 was a mod.

That would be absolutely fascinating if TFS could model some 10 Spanish Civil War planes (CR.32, SM.79, Bf 109 B, NiD.52, I-16, I-15...). Same thing about the Polish invasion in 1939. Same thing about a complete planeset for the Battle of France, not only our already modelled D.520... BUT, we have to accept that those scenarios are no longer suitable for a development company makes profits. We are in 2020 and times had changed. In the present day Combat flight sims have become a very small niche market. Let's be patient, we'll have a completely new set within a few mont... years

The game lacks many voices, and, more over, as part of the following armies:

France: allies (red team)
    Vichy France: axis (blue team) = not necessarily a different accent than the accents we'll heard from the "France" army among the allies, but for being consistent we need different actors' voices.
    USA: allies (red team) = obviously, same as in '46... i the USA "army" we'll hear a different accent than the accent we hear when flying a Spitfire over the Channel....

8. Likes Gingerbread liked this post