Thread: Sound Problem Progress, Version 5.012

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Sound Problem Progress, Version 5.012

Team Fusion you get too many complaints on this forum that remind me of the annoying sound loop problem so I want to say THANKS for the resent fix TF. I can only speak for the Spitfire 1A 100 oct. but it seems the annoying sound loop problem after a crash is fixed. Also I can again hear stress noise in the airframe which I don't think I had recently.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Sound Problem Progress, Version 5.012

I can attest to the fact that the sound loop problem still exists, even after the latest patch. I did what i considered to be a normal landing, did not stress the plane at all, and the repeated creaking noise started up , and continued for at least 10 minutes into my next sortie. I think the next time I stressed the aircraft it went away.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I can attest to the fact that the sound loop problem still exists, even after the latest patch. I did what i considered to be a normal landing, did not stress the plane at all, and the repeated creaking noise started up , and continued for at least 10 minutes into my next sortie. I think the next time I stressed the aircraft it went away.
    Had something similar. I did do a water-landing ...
    When I re-spawned in a different type of A/C the sound effect went away... spawning in the same type resulted in the sound-effect being still active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Well I spoke to soon didn't I. The problem is slightly different now, for me it goes away as soon as I take off again. But like Kendy it started up once on just a hard landing.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In SP I hear the "moaning ship" sound after landing and stop a Beaufighter, but the sound stop after close the mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Hi Guys, thanks for your reports.

I'm really sorry about this, but its been harder to track down than I expected.

My current problem is that I've yet to replicate it in the current build despite almost constantly destroying planes in high g manoeuvres both offline and online in the TFS #3 server (as some of the regulars may have noticed )

If anyone has this occur, please can you report the following;

1) Online/Offline
    2) Aircraft Model (Spitfire, 109, Beaufighter etc...)
    3) Description of the event giving as much detail as possible.

Cheers

7. Likes ATAG_Pattle, danperin, von Graf liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

hi Slipsteam had it a coupla times, always in beaufighter (but then i am almost always in beaufighter) and online. Usually after a heavy landing of some sort. However the difference is on my machine its very very quiet now, hardly audible. First time was not even sure thats what I could hear, but it is it. From my point of view I would barely notice it now. And it became unnoticed once taken off.

9. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Hi Stickz, Thanks very much for your report.

I forgot to mention in the post above that each aircraft has its own stress sound, which is why I asked for the information.

I managed to replicate it myself after crashing a Martlet online but it stopped after a few seconds. It was the only time I could replicate it though after a few hours in the server.

I really wonder if this is due to the sound or is it being triggered by something else, i.e physics as it only occurs with this particular sound.

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    hi Slipsteam had it a coupla times, always in beaufighter (but then i am almost always in beaufighter) and online. Usually after a heavy landing of some sort. However the difference is on my machine its very very quiet now, hardly audible. First time was not even sure thats what I could hear, but it is it. From my point of view I would barely notice it now. And it became unnoticed once taken off.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.35 MB

I had it just one time now, it wasn't in the latest CloD version though. In a Bf-110 over Britain, SP single mission. I had to pull hard in a fight (the squeaking sound was audible) and I had to bail out because of heavy damage from the guns of my opponent.
    Hanging on the parachute the squeaking went on.
    Was a bit funny.. I thought wtf is wrong with the parachute above? But then I remembered the discussion about the sound issue.

12. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Hello Slipstream. Got it again last night.

1) Online
    2) Spitfire 1A 100 Oct
    3) Crashed on Takeoff at Littlestone.

The sound went away after successful takeoff.

14. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    Hi Guys, thanks for your reports.

I'm really sorry about this, but its been harder to track down than I expected.

My current problem is that I've yet to replicate it in the current build despite almost constantly destroying planes in high g manoeuvres both offline and online in the TFS #3 server (as some of the regulars may have noticed )

If anyone has this occur, please can you report the following;

1) Online/Offline
    2) Aircraft Model (Spitfire, 109, Beaufighter etc...)
    3) Description of the event giving as much detail as possible.

Cheers
    Hi had sound bug flying Bf109EN on DD server strangely only when padlock to external view not when in cockpit

16. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Hi Slipstream
    again tonight - much more noticeable volume although nowhere near as bad as it used to be (ie nerve screeching). I had spawned in beaufighter after normal landing at Abu ghezir (well somewhere North of scegga) airfield online flying on Maltencruz (sorry I am crucifying his name here) lovely mission. Had started up normally, taxi to end of runway fine, set compass, set planned route out, started to move onto runway when it did that jerk into the air and flip half sideways, (with nothing obvious as usual to flip). For once it landed and seemed ok except for the creaking groaning noise started. This persisted throughout some 120 miles to target (Gazala sea base). At some point during 3 passes on target it stopped. Unfortunately being somewhat distracted I never really noticed when, but guessing during a hard pull off target or flak avoidance. It was just apparent as left target area it had stopped. And remained so through rtb. All further flights fine.

18. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

18. 11. Beaufighter Ic/trop.
    Engine 1 damaged and at 0% boost, trying to land at Almeya No. 1
    Sound of lowering landing gear did not stop.
    Actually landing gear was not lowered and I did a belly landing. Sound continued after I was on the ground.

20. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    18. 11. Beaufighter Ic/trop.
    Engine 1 damaged and at 0% boost, trying to land at Almeya No. 1
    Sound of lowering landing gear did not stop.
    Actually landing gear was not lowered and I did a belly landing. Sound continued after I was on the ground.
    I had the same thing occur 2 -3 nights back. Engine 1 damaged - stopped and put to max coarse pitch. When selecting landing gear down noise didnt stop unless reselected up. Landed with gear up finally although selected down and whineing noise of gear lowering never stopped.
    Gear never went down but then I believe that engine 1 generates hydraulics pressure for it, once thats gone, gear wont go down (and I had selected flaps down first). So with engine out no/limited hydraulics. Tried the emergency gear down but that didnt work either. Shall have to find out if anything else is necessary - or is emergency gear lever works but nonfunctional?

Also had 2 more groaning incidents, one beaufighter started after spawning in a small dip on Menastir. Barely noticeable dip but had to restart game cos the noise was excruciating after pulling out of it.
    Then same night had a heavy landing in Tomahawk IIlate (my version of forgetting to check lowered gear). Respawned low key groaning, ignored it and it stopped whilst circling field before heading out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Another recurring sound problem... Impact noise. Lately, my Spitfire has been hit with all manner of enemy ground and aerial ordnance, with no cockpit sounds. It's only been going on for five years.
    Maybe someone should address this serious deficiency.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

23. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

I found the (real) cause of the stress sound bug and it should be resolved as of next patch. If there are any further issues, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    I found the (real) cause of the stress sound bug and it should be resolved as of next patch. If there are any further issues, please let me know.
    Hero!

26. Likes Artist, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Hero!
    I second that motion!

28. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    varrattu

Hallo Fliegergeschwader 28 "Wolkenstürmer", alle gesund soweit?

~V~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    Hallo Fliegergeschwader 28 "Wolkenstürmer", alle gesund soweit?

~V~
    Immer in bester Stimmung!

Gruß zurück!