Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

  1. #1
    Team Fusion ATAG_Oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    704.46 MB

    ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    This is a timed run through the Wadi Derna running south of the Port of Derna.
    Fly over the red cone to start the timer. Blue cones are located along the path to guide you to the finish cone.
    You will see a continuous readout of your time and average altitude.

  2. #2
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    This is a timed run through the Wadi Derna running south of the Port of Derna.
    Fly over the red cone to start the timer. Blue cones are located along the path to guide you to the finish cone.
    You will see a continuous readout of your time and average altitude.
    This is great

    What would be cool additions:
    1. Static cameras placed along the canyon (for external view video recording)
    2. AAA guns on the cliffs that shoot you down if you go above a given altitude (not sure if possible)

    Let us post our record times by type of plane...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-15-2020 at 02:07.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  3. #3
    Supporting Member dazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    434.54 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Flying down the Derna Wadi was the very 1st thing I did on DW release day. Great idea this !

    Now, what's this about this timer ? I've flown over the red cone, around it, through it, and I don't see a timer.
    Obviously I've done / am doing something wrong.

    Daz
    Last edited by dazza; Nov-15-2020 at 13:41.

  4. #4
    Manual Creation Group DerDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.85 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    We had some hilarious ideas for canyon race videos during the beta testing.


    Pity nothing came out of it.

  5. Likes danperin liked this post
  6. #5
    Supporting Member von Graf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Germany, Ruhrpott
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.35 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Flying down the Derna Wadi was the very 1st thing I did on DW release day. Great idea this !

    Now, what's this about this timer ? I've flown over the red cone, around it, through it, and I don't see a timer.
    Obviously I've done / am doing something wrong.

    Daz
    Not sure but maybe you have to have the chat/server window enabled.

  7. #6
    Team Fusion ATAG_Oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    704.46 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I've flown over the red cone, around it, through it, and I don't see a timer.
    The time and altitude are on the HUD. The final time and altitude is also written to the log.

    You need to fly to within 100m of the red cone to start the timer.

  8. #7
    Supporting Member dazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    434.54 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    The time and altitude are on the HUD. The final time and altitude is also written to the log.

    You need to fly to within 100m of the red cone to start the timer.
    All my regular engine/server/chat windows are open. Still nothing ?
    I dropped the folder into Single Missions, I select it.
    Surely I'm not this dense hehe !
    What blatantly obvious thing am I missing ?

    Daz

  9. #8
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    I can't get the timer to start either.
    Or I don't know where to read the time?...
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  10. #9
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Thanks Oskar. It works now

    Here is my first timing:
    Noofy_01.jpg

    One comment about the average altitude:

    It shows the average altitude above sea level, not above ground. It increases over time because we are flying uphill.

    The altitude of the first cone is 48 meters, and that of the last cone is 304 meters.

    It would have made more sense to fly the canyon the opposite way, starting south from the "mountain" top and flying North, downhill towards the sea.

    In order to get the proper average altitude above ground, we should average the difference between the flying altitude and the ground altitude.

    One way of doing it is to have triggers at each cone along the way, and at the trigger take the plane altitude minus the altitude of the cone triggered...

    Unless there is a way to know both the aircraft altitude and the ground altitude at the position of each altitude count point, and average the difference between the two instead of the plane altitude only...

    I wish I could write in C# to help you out ...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-16-2020 at 04:22.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  11. #10
    Manual Creation Group DerDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.85 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Thanks Oskar. It works now

    Here is my first timing:
    Noofy_01.jpg

    One comment about the average altitude:

    It shows the average altitude above sea level, not above ground. It increases over time because we are flying uphill.

    The altitude of the first cone is 48 meters, and that of the last cone is 304 meters.

    It would have made more sense to fly the canyon the opposite way, starting south from the "mountain" top and flying North, downhill towards the sea.

    In order to get the proper average altitude above ground, we should average the difference between the flying altitude and the ground altitude.

    One way of doing it is to have triggers at each cone along the way, and at the trigger take the plane altitude minus the altitude of the cone triggered...

    Unless there is a way to know both the aircraft altitude and the ground altitude at the position of each altitude count point, and average the difference between the two instead of the plane altitude only...

    I wish I could write in C# to help you out ...

    As everybody knows I just hate to agree with Noofy
    but in this respect he is right (ok sometimes in others as well ...): it would make much more sense to fly 'wadi-down' either from the gap, where the valley ends in the cliff at map end (easy to find) or from where it starts from the plain going south first, then bending east and finally north (two more interesting bends).


    S!

    DerDa

  12. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
  13. #11
    Supporting Member varrattu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.71 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Hello Noofy, you are very close to what "Pos().z" shows to us:

    "(aircraft as AiActor).Pos().z" returns the z-displacement of aircrafts aerodynamic center (AC) in meter AMSL.



    So you managed your first step in C#.

    ~V~

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    One comment about the average altitude:

    It shows the average altitude above sea level, not above ground...
    I wish I could write in C# to help you out ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn es bei den Meisten funktioniert und bei einigen nicht, dann kann es nicht sein, dass das Problem nur beim Spiel ist. ( 9./JG52_J-HAT 2020-09-02)

  14. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
  15. #12
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    Hello Noofy, you are very close to what "Pos().z" shows to us:

    "(aircraft as AiActor).Pos().z" returns the z-displacement of aircrafts aerodynamic center (AC) in meter AMSL.



    So you managed your first step in C#.

    ~V~

    Yay

    So the below routine (do we still call them like that?) from the script measures the various altitudes AMSL at sequential position (p.z), cumulates them into an altitude counter (totalAlt), then increments a normal counter to count the number of measures (altCount), and then divides the sum of the altitudes totalAlt by the number of counts altCount to get the average altitude AMSL. So far so good.

    Now if there was a game variable that gives the ground elevation at this same position (let us call it p.g), then instead of cumulating p.z into TotalAlt, we would cumulate the difference p.z - p.g, and when averaging we'd get the average altitude above ground instead of above mean sea level.

    Does this make any sense at all?



    Code:
    	    }
    
    
    	private void runTimeUpdate() {
    
    		Point3d p = aircraft.Pos();
    		double z = p.z;
    		totalAlt += z;
    		altCount++;
    		seconds++;
    		if (seconds > 59) {
    			seconds = 0;
    			minutes++;
    		}
            GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter(null, " {0:D2}:{1:D2}  {2:F0}m", new Object[] { minutes, seconds, (int)(totalAlt / altCount) });
            GamePlay.gpLogServer("Final score - " + {0:D2}:{1:D2}  {2:F0}m", new Object[] { minutes, seconds, (int)(totalAlt / altCount) });
    
    	}

    I mean is there a variable that gives us the ground elevation g=53m at position x=29828.6; y=263377.0 as in in below example?

    2020-11-16_144241.jpg
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-16-2020 at 08:45.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  16. #13
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    As everybody knows I just hate to agree with Noofy

    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  17. Likes DerDa liked this post
  18. #14
    Manual Creation Group DerDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.85 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Peace on earth and good-will to all people!

    I'll remember you, when you are about to shoot me down next time

  19. #15
    Supporting Member varrattu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.71 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Hello Noofy,

    Beside a bunch of "public enum ParameterTypes" we have access to

    "aircraft.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_Altit udeAGL, int subtype)"

    where

    "int subtype = -1" is equal to the metric height of the aircrafts aerodynamic center (AC) above ground.

    Long story short, try this:

    Code:
    private void runTimeUpdate()
    	{
    
    		// Point3d p = aircraft.Pos();
    		double z = aircraft.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AltitudeAGL, -1);
    		totalAlt += z;
    		altCount++;
    		seconds++;
    		if (seconds > 59)
    		{
    			seconds = 0;
    			minutes++;
    		}
    		GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter(null, " {0:D2}:{1:D2}  {2:F0}m", new Object[] { minutes, seconds, (int)(totalAlt / altCount) });
    		GamePlay.gpLogServer("Final score - " + { 0:D2}:{ 1:D2}
    		{ 2:F0}
    		m", new Object[] { minutes, seconds, (int)(totalAlt / altCount) });
    
    	}
    ~V~

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    ... I mean is there a variable that gives us the ground elevation g=53m at position x=29828.6; y=263377.0 as in in below example?
    Last edited by varrattu; Nov-16-2020 at 09:54.
    Wenn es bei den Meisten funktioniert und bei einigen nicht, dann kann es nicht sein, dass das Problem nur beim Spiel ist. ( 9./JG52_J-HAT 2020-09-02)

  20. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Oskar liked this post
  21. #16
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    This is great.
    Now all I need to do is figure out how to integrate this in the above mentioned routine...

    EDIT: well, you did it for me (I was puzzled by the space instead of dot between aircraft and parameter...)
    Thanks
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-16-2020 at 10:22.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  22. #17
    Supporting Member varrattu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.71 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    A big thank you to ATAG_Oskar who shows that iL2 has more potential than "historical correct killings", "historical correct Bomb Raids", "historical correct sandstorm", "historical correct sand colour", "historical correct situated Hakenkreuz" or what ever.
    For me this single player mission is another quick and dirty example, more a cheering-up to begin with c# (Noofy). It also helps understanding in some way what is going on behind the "TF-Volunteer-Curtain"...

    ~V~
    Wenn es bei den Meisten funktioniert und bei einigen nicht, dann kann es nicht sein, dass das Problem nur beim Spiel ist. ( 9./JG52_J-HAT 2020-09-02)

  23. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
  24. #18
    Team Fusion ATAG_Oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    704.46 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Due to popular demand this mission has been updated to show altitude about ground level rather that altitude over sea level.

  25. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Noofy, danperin, DerDa liked this post
  26. #19
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.89 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Due to popular demand this mission has been updated to show altitude about ground level rather that altitude over sea level.
    Thank you!!!!!!

    I am having a blast with this mission.

    In the FMB I changed the 109 to a Spit (which I can fly a bit better). I have 2 wingman accompanying me. I placed a series of 37mm AA along the top of the waadi just for giggles. The wingmen fly above the waadi as they follow me - one got blasted out of the air fairly quickly, the other made it to the end, albeit streaming fuel and/or glycol. Just a hoot trying to stay low and fast with all the flak bursts going off overhead.

    Thanks again, Oskar. This is great. We should put our heads together with Pattle and Yotheguy to organize death races.

    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Nov-16-2020 at 20:50.


    i7 4770K @3.5 GHZ, 24 Gigs DDR3 1600 DIMM, Gigabyte GTX970 4 Gig, Win 10 64 bit, TrackIR 5, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog Throttle, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals

  27. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, DerDa liked this post
  28. #20
    Team Fusion ATAG_yotheguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    95.69 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Thank you!!!!!!

    I am having a blast with this mission.

    In the FMB I changed the 109 to a Spit (which I can fly a bit better). I have 2 wingman accompanying me. I placed a series of 37mm AA along the top of the waadi just for giggles. The wingmen fly above the waadi as they follow me - one got blasted out of the air fairly quickly, the other made it to the end, albeit streaming fuel and/or glycol. Just a hoot trying to stay low and fast with all the flak bursts going off overhead.

    Thanks again, Oskar. This is great. We should put our heads together with Pattle and Yotheguy to organize death races.


    Anyone: "Who wants to go fast?"

    Yotheguy:


  29. Likes ATAG_Oskar, danperin, ATAG_Ribbs, DerDa liked this post
  30. #21
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    I uploaded a couple of variations to this mission here.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  31. #22
    Supporting Member varrattu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.71 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    PODS-BLITZ !



    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I uploaded a couple of variations to this mission here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by varrattu; Nov-17-2020 at 06:29.
    Wenn es bei den Meisten funktioniert und bei einigen nicht, dann kann es nicht sein, dass das Problem nur beim Spiel ist. ( 9./JG52_J-HAT 2020-09-02)

  32. #23
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Just outside London UK
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

    Smile Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Just flown this in Me109 and in Gladiator Trop (with LW markings). How do I change the side to RED in FMB? I couldn't do that though I tried.
    Great fun to fly this, by the way. Thanks Oskar!
    Seabro

    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ; 3.67GHz Intel Core i5-760 CPU @ 3.80GHz; ASUS Prime Z270-P; Fractal Water Cooled Case. 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz; Acer H241SL 1920x1080 [Monitor]; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; Track IR5; Thrustmaster T1600m; CH Throttle Quadrant; Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle + TFRP Rudder Pedals; Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB for O.S. + ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB HDD for Flight Programs & Add-ons

  33. #24
    Manual Creation Group DerDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.85 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    The canyon race is big fun, in all the existing variations!

    Just three suggestions (also for @ATAG_Noofy's variants):
    1: Not just Blue markings (think about videos)
    2. It would be nice to spawn just a little bit further from the starting point, to give you a chance to adjust trim, radiator and engine settings without flying a full circle first.
    3. It would be a good thing if you could adjust the load-outs. This would make it possible to compare single engine fighter's performance at approximately the same weight.
    And for those who like it the hard way and fly this in a two engine bomber it would make it a bit easier.
    It's a lot of fun in a Welli, but you don't really have to shlep all those 500lb bombs all the way



    S!


    DerDa

  34. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
  35. #25
    Supporting Member varrattu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.71 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Cliffs 5 years ago ...

    As far as I remember, Freya put this awesome course together.

    ~V~

    Wenn es bei den Meisten funktioniert und bei einigen nicht, dann kann es nicht sein, dass das Problem nur beim Spiel ist. ( 9./JG52_J-HAT 2020-09-02)

  36. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, DerDa liked this post
  37. #26
    Team Fusion ATAG_yotheguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    95.69 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    Cliffs 5 years ago ...

    As far as I remember, Freya put this awesome course together.
    lol Good times, but I think this one is a bit funner to watch and one of the best times I've ever had in CloD.



    [Edit] hahaha I forgot about the bloopers at the end. @9:30
    Last edited by ATAG_yotheguy; Nov-20-2020 at 16:30.

  38. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
  39. #27
    Team Fusion ATAG_Oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    704.46 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post

    1: Not just Blue markings (think about videos)

    2. It would be nice to spawn just a little bit further from the starting point, to give you a chance to adjust trim, radiator and engine settings without flying a full circle first.

    3. It would be a good thing if you could adjust the load-outs. This would make it possible to compare single engine fighter's performance at approximately the same weight.
    1. Done

    2. Done

    3. Possible now, hit the 'Custom' button and select loadouts from the dropdown menu.

  40. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
  41. #28
    Manual Creation Group DerDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.85 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    1. Done

    2. Done

    3. Possible now, hit the 'Custom' button and select loadouts from the dropdown menu.
    Brilliant!
    Thanks!

  42. #29
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Zulu +2
    Posts
    1,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    930.20 MB

    Re: ATAG_Oskar has just uploaded Canyon Run!

    Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    The canyon race is big fun, in all the existing variations!

    Just three suggestions (also for @ATAG_Noofy's variants):
    1: Not just Blue markings (think about videos)
    2. It would be nice to spawn just a little bit further from the starting point, to give you a chance to adjust trim, radiator and engine settings without flying a full circle first.
    3. It would be a good thing if you could adjust the load-outs. This would make it possible to compare single engine fighter's performance at approximately the same weight.
    And for those who like it the hard way and fly this in a two engine bomber it would make it a bit easier.
    It's a lot of fun in a Welli, but you don't really have to shlep all those 500lb bombs all the way



    S!


    DerDa
    1: Done.

    When you first spawn in you get the default (Italian) plane, then you can select "Custom" and choose the nationality you want (GB, DE, IT), and the plane you like.

    Note: there will be 3 planes, 2 AIs and you. You can set the number of AI planes to zero, or keep them as is. You can engage in dogfights with them if you want, but they won't follow you deep in the canyon

    2: Done.

    For the "Canyonrun - reverse" you now spawn in a little to the north and higher, and the canyon entry will be to your left

    For the "Canyonrun - 2" you spawn firther out and higher up but still aligned with the poles. The entry poles are behind the first hill so you need to dive. Beware as the extra speed makes the first S quite hard, so you may want to start with less throttle in the first trials.

    3: Done, but not sure it works 100%.

    I cannot get the loadout menu to work from withing the mission. I think you have to set the loadout from Options>Plane in the Main Menu.
    To be sure that there are no bombs, I hit salvo and release the bombs at the beginning of each run. This may not be necessary but at least I am sure.

    I added a few camels along Canyonrun - Reverse. Look for them at the first left turn.
    I added a few goats, a pond, and a resting area at the arrival of Canyonrun - 2. Try landing on the road and taxi to the pond/tents.

    Coming: working on a night version with searchlights etc...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Today at 04:09.
    Setup 1:
    Lenovo 10NK000TEX | i7 7700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    T16000M FCS HOTAS | CH_PRO Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

    Setup 2:
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  43. Likes DerDa liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •