Thread: Geforce movie recorder making me crazy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Geforce movie recorder making me crazy

Does anyone else use their Geforce overlay movie recorder? For me sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't Q up. Very frustrating I use to use fraps and that won't work anymore and don't say "who uses fraps anymore" lol I can't get OBS to work so the Geforce thing was all I could think of now it only works 20% of the time

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Re: Geforce movie recorder making me crazy

I use Shadowplay by Nvidia with no problems , is that what you are talking about?

3. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I use it all the time, though it can be frustrating. After updating, it often stops working, or loses it's key bindings. I have to turn it off and back on a few times to get it working again. I also recently had a problem where it was recording the wrong screen. Even though I had may main monitor set as primary, it was still recording my secondary monitor. I had to go into the GeForce settings and tell it to change the primary to the other monitor, then back again, and it started working. Lastly, it wants to record audio on only 2 channels. I use a second sound adapter with my headset for Teamspeak, so Shadowplay only records the main speaker output, and the microphone, but refuses to record the Teamspeak audio, so conversations are one-sided. I was able to get around this limitation by using a 3rd-party audio plugin called Voicemeeter, but that introduced a lot of other problems, and I finally gave up using it.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

5. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Video recording software and CloD have always had a rough relationship. You can easily set it up well in OBS to bypass the problems though. Just tell OBS to record your main monitor as a whole, not just a certain game. This way -anything- on your main screen will be recorded for video, whether the game wants to be recorded or not. Of course this also means any notifications or popups will be recorded as well, so you are best to disable those.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    Video recording software and CloD have always had a rough relationship. You can easily set it up well in OBS to bypass the problems though. Just tell OBS to record your main monitor as a whole, not just a certain game. This way -anything- on your main screen will be recorded for video, whether the game wants to be recorded or not. Of course this also means any notifications or popups will be recorded as well, so you are best to disable those.
    I noticed that CLOD is video capture software unfriendly too. Probably the only thing I can whine about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Ok I got the it to work again with new drivers.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Well, one nice feature of Shadowplay is that you can record video after the fact. With Shadowplay running, after I get into a dogfight I can press a key and it will save the last 10 minutes of video. It's a nice feature.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Well, one nice feature of Shadowplay is that you can record video after the fact. With Shadowplay running, after I get into a dogfight I can press a key and it will save the last 10 minutes of video. It's a nice feature.
    OBS has that feature too, it's called buffer recording.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Would love to see a video showing how to set this up? Got to say as much as I love the simplicity of shadowplay, the variable audio bit rate means that 90% of the time the audio is out of sync in Premiere. Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

12. Likes ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Would love to see a video showing how to set this up? Got to say as much as I love the simplicity of shadowplay, the variable audio bit rate means that 90% of the time the audio is out of sync in Premiere. Cheers, MP
    You can run the video through Handbrake. Handbrake is a free program that will solve that, but it adds extra time to your project and every rendering can lose quality. Whenever I've had to do that I've turned up the settings in handbrake as high as I can get them, and the output movie file actually has a larger file size than the original and the quality stays pretty good. You can then load that into your editing software, but OBS allows you to skip that all completely.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.