Thread: Grouped static objects?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Grouped static objects?

Is it possible to make a group of static objects and place them all at once in various places.

For example I place some tents, boxes and barrels and a truck, can I group them and easily copy them to another location on the map. Even if done by creating a custom object that would be helpful.

Thanks
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: Grouped static objects?

Yes. On the same map you can copy with control-c and paste with control-v as normal in windows. You make a group by holding alt-and making a rectangle with the mouse. You can also Right Click in a group and choose 'copy to file'. A dialog opens in windows, you can save the group in a file with a name. That group is available afterwards to be used on any map. Go to any location, right click and choose 'paste from file', then select the group file you saved earlier, and it is inserted into the map. 'Rotate as group' works now correctly with the cursor as center of rotation. Build a library of grouped objects! Selecting and unselecting groups is still a bit odd, you will sometimes have to de-select and re-select groups to get them to do what you want.

3. Likes Yo-Yo liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Re: Grouped static objects?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Yes. On the same map you can copy with control-c and paste with control-v as normal in windows. You make a group by holding alt-and making a rectangle with the mouse. You can also Right Click in a group and choose 'copy to file'. A dialog opens in windows, you can save the group in a file with a name. That group is available afterwards to be used on any map. Go to any location, right click and choose 'paste from file', then select the group file you saved earlier, and it is inserted into the map. 'Rotate as group' works now correctly with the cursor as center of rotation. Build a library of grouped objects! Selecting and unselecting groups is still a bit odd, you will sometimes have to de-select and re-select groups to get them to do what you want.
    Fantastic thanks!
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)