Thread: Script request - player needs to land to get the airfield tgt destroyed points

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Script request - player needs to land to get the airfield tgt destroyed points

Hi everyone,

In my MP mission I'm building there will be a night bomber (but in the day) war aspect that involves red and blue bomber streams bombing 2 targets (a primary and secondary). Successfully destroying these 2 targets will receive points but the total points will be below the threshold to flip the map and it will take human intervention to score enough bomber points to flip the map. This human target will be relatively straightfwd and will involve dropping a full bombload onto an airfield target (Spit satellite production facility / D520 production facility for use by the LW as trainer aircraft). They will be long range targets but if successfully destroyed will be enough to flip the map (unless the other side destroys enough of the AI bomber stream to prevent them from destroying the primary/secondary tgt). So hopefully this will provide enough incentive for bomber pilots to spend the time/effort to go after it.

As an added incentive I'd like to make the awarding of the points conditional on the player who dropped the bombs on the target landing/crash landing back in friendly territory ie to catch the fish you have to hook it and then bring it onboard. In other words the awarding of the points requires the airfield destroyed trigger to be tripped (ie by dropping the right number of bombs inside the airfield radius) and the player who did so making it back to friendly territory for a landing /crash landing. And this might also encourage the opposing night fighters (both sides will have night fighters) to try and hunt down the bomber and prevent them returning home. I hope to have tab 7-1 disabled for this map (still to test to make sure my idea will work) so defending night fighters will have to use the in-game radars (ie as per Spiritus's other missions) to find the bomber or rely on MK 1 eyeball to find.

So my questions are

(a) Is the above do-able in scripting?
    (b) Would anyone be willing to write this script so i can include it in my MP mission? (I'm hopeless with scripting)

Ezzie

2. Likes ATAG_Vampire, Yo-Yo, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Script request - player needs to land to get the airfield tgt destroyed points

How about splitting the credit for bombing? Points for hitting the target and more points for getting back to friendly airspace after successful bombing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Re: Script request - player needs to land to get the airfield tgt destroyed points

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    How about splitting the credit for bombing? Points for hitting the target and more points for getting back to friendly airspace after successful bombing.
    If that's easier to achieve scripting wise that will work Oskar.

Also - if the player is shot down after bombing and doesnt get back to base / friendly airspace would it be possible to reset the airfield damage percentage back to 0 and send a broadcast 'production back to 100% at airfield'?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ezzie View Post
    a night bomber (but in the day) war aspect
    Hmm, why during the day?
    We got radio navaids to get to the target and navigate back home, and lorentz equipment to land in the dark...

... or alternatively through a thick layer of clouds (say 100-5000m)...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-22-2020 at 02:00.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Hmm, why during the day?
    We got radio navaids to get to the target and navigate back home, and lorentz equipment to land in the dark...

... or alternatively through a thick layer of clouds (say 100-5000m)...
    At this stage the plan is to do it during the day for several reasons

(a) The main focus of the MP mission is the daylight Circus raids occurring in the Calais-Abbeville area (see screen grab of mission concept). The night/day bomber action is an add-on for those who want to do something different especially when the server numbers are low
    (b) I dont know if all the pieces are available to have a balanced night bomber way - there arent navaids for red as far as i can tell and I'm not sure how well searchlights work in the MP environment?
    (c) I'm not sure the night time visual environment in the current version of the game is suitable for night missions - personal observation and others may disagree. I've tried to find a bomber moon time of day but i cant seem to get the lighting right.
    (d) I'm not sure how well received a bomber/night fighter MP mission would be received - there's a hard core who might like it (me included) but I'm not sure of the general appeal and it might be a dance floor emptier
    (e) I tried using the overcast in the first version of London Ruft in 2014 and it caused a lot of graphics issues re particle size limits etc so i took them out. I'm not sure if that has been looked at DWT - if it has then i might include some heavy clouds in the bomber war area and see how they go.

Having said the above I am building the night bomber aspects so that if we get an updated night time environment and some of the other nightime stuff can be made to work (maybe searchlights do already?) then it would be relatively simple to use what i am working on now as a basis for a night MP mission. And maybe we could do a special event on the server for a night time MP mission to see how much interest there is down track perhaps.

Slide1.JPG

Ezzie

8. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Having said the above I am building the night bomber aspects so that if we get an updated night time environment and some of the other nightime stuff can be made to work (maybe searchlights do already?) then it would be relatively simple to use what i am working on now as a basis for a night MP mission. And maybe we could do a special event on the server for a night time MP mission to see how much interest there is down track perhaps.
    Searchlights do work. You have to add a generator to them...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Searchlights do work. You have to add a generator to them...
    I thought the issue was that they werent see-able in MP even though they work in SP?

I'll check

12. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I thought the issue was that they werent see-able in MP even though they work in SP?

I'll check
    I think you’re right. Only the host can (could?) see them in MP...

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Ezzie the searchlights work very well from my experience of experimentation in the FMB.

The 'Flarepath' lights are also OK as is using a searchlight for an airfield beacon.

All this is of course in the FMB, single player. How it translates to MP I have no idea. Something to check with the "Script" writing 'Gurus' no doubt.

The night bomber/night fighter concept works well in SP.

I for one would welcome maps with the chance to carry out night ops. However, I fear that the likes of you, Noofy and myself are a very small minority.
    The main player base from my perspective, and this is in no way critical of anyone, are only looking for the 'Furball' scenario. The kill stats rule.
    Better scoring for bomber/ground attack, as you suggest for your map, would be a bonus. My 'Four pennyworth' anyway.

Good luck with the map making.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

15. Likes ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

(c) I'm not sure the night time visual environment in the current version of the game is suitable for night missions - personal observation and others may disagree. I've tried to find a bomber moon time of day but i cant seem to get the lighting right.
    I doubt that the typical "Hartman" MP player will want play night missions, but they are doable - difficult but doable, and enjoyable.

Tab 7-2 - despite by in 30 degrees segments, guide well for bomber, and if they are illuminated by searchlights or by moon light the night fighter have a chance. Around midnight is less dark.

Beaufighter is good for this, as is easy to trim for stable flight.

But since in CloD Beaufighter was made as pure daylight fighter, what historical was not practical, their Direction Find is just "decoration" on panel dificulting RTB.

I think the major difficulty will be for for player bombers find targets.
    What night missions can't have is clouds, they became "phosphorescent".

I think that in the old (but good) il-2:46 year cycle work, having Full Moon days, in CloD seems that Moon are always in the same quarter.
    In CloD Mercury should be visible, but if yes, I are not able to see.

Spoiler: 

Code:
    [sun]
    name = Sun
    parent = none
    radius = 696000.
    halo = false
    color = 1.0,0.98,0.97
    tex_map = sun.png
    tex_halo = NULL
    coord_func = sun_special
    lighting = false
    albedo = -1.
    rot_periode = 654.61
    rot_obliquity = 7.25
    rot_equator_ascending_node = 196.13

[mercury]
    name = Mercury
    parent = Sun
    radius = 2439.7
    halo = true
    color = 1.0,0.98,0.96
    tex_map = mercury.png
    tex_halo = star16x16.png
    coord_func = mercury_special
    lighting = true
    albedo = 0.06
    rot_periode = 1407.509405
    rot_rotation_offset = 291.20
    rot_pole_ra = 281.001
    rot_pole_de = 61.45
    #rot_obliquity = 7.01
    #rot_equator_ascending_node = 48.42
    orbit_visualization_period = 87.97

[venus]

[earth]
    name = Earth
    parent = Sun
    radius = 6378.14
    oblateness = 0.00335364
    halo = true
    color = 0.7,0.8,1.0
    tex_map = earth-clouds.png
    tex_halo = star16x16.png
    coord_func = earth_special
    lighting = true
    albedo = 0.3
    rot_periode = 23.9344694
    rot_rotation_offset = 280.5
    #rot_obliquity = -23.438855
    rot_obliquity = -23.4392803055555555556
    rot_epoch = 2451545.0
    rot_precession_rate = 1.39639 #degrees/j.century (annual rate 50.27 arcseconds)
    orbit_visualization_period = 365.25
    atmosphere = 1
    landscape = guereins

[moon]

[moon]

[mars]

[phobos]

[deimos]

[jupiter]

[io]

[europa]

[ganymede]

[callisto]

[saturn]

[mimas]

[enceladus]

[tethys]

[dione]

[rhea]

[titan]

[hyperion]

[iapetus]

[uranus]

[miranda]

[ariel]

[umbriel]

[titania]

[oberon]

[neptune]

[pluto]

[charon]

[solar_system_observer]

[mcnaught]

coord_func = comet_orbit

[ceres]

[pallas]

[juno]

[vesta]

[eris]
    Commet?

BTW - "Flat Earth" players may don't like on how Earth was modeled in CloD.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-24-2020 at 09:11.

17. Likes ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

2.JPG

3.JPG
    -setup for search lights-
    You need to create a "AI Anti-Air" with Power On.ccp to the search lights.

Playing with the fmb here..
    Search and other lights will come on after time 20:14.
    (the lights placed "manually")

Good luck Ezzie!
    Last edited by ATAG_Jeepy; Nov-22-2020 at 12:43. Reason: addon..
    Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

19. Likes ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Nice approach to the mission building to encourage people like me! Just the fact of knowing you're putting the thought in is appreciated, even if you don't manage to get it 'just so' in the end.

Oskar's suggestion of split points is very good, else a vulcher could REALLY spoil one's trip if you're had on landing approach. So a bit of carrot at the target, then a bt more at home base is good.

(My PC is broken (for games) at the moment, hopefully back up and running in a week or so, depending on whether a simple swap for a new heatsink and fan is the solution or not)
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

21. Likes ATAG_Ezzie, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Search lights do not work in MP only on the server are search lights visible, not to individual players. Same goes for landing lights. We have been chasing this problem for 2 years but other stuff takes precedence over it.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

23. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi Fatal!

Thanks for clearing that up it will no doubt help Ezzie and save time.

Pity that these things don't work in MP but who knows, one day.........maybe.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Jeepy View Post

3.JPG
    -setup for search lights-
    You need to create a "AI Anti-Air" with Power On.ccp to the search lights.
    More as curiosity:

Is not need link the Searchlight's with AI object (this was necessary in early versions), if they are inside the AI radius will work, now is used an "wireless" version.
    Same case for Antenna's.

BTW - The Beacon Light can blink Morse Code, the code for each airbase are in VO101_TOM "AFBs" PDF in "manuals". Don't need power source (seems use solar charged Lithium battery's).

Don't use more than one Beacon Light per base - could be that is limited to one per mission, need test... I try and at least in Single Player this cause "collateral effect", e.g. the lower part of Beaufighter instrument panel became dark. "It's CloD! peculiarities. Light's in CloD are a "outer-world" thing.

Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-24-2020 at 09:28.

26. Likes ATAG_Vampire, TWC_Fatal_Error liked this post