Thread: External sound update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

External sound update?

I remember way back when in the update videos TFS was putting out the was one where they were showing how the new Daimler Benz 601 external sound was coming along and it sounded great, very grunty like a real one. I'm just wondering how this is going and of course with the other externals for the other aeroplanes also.
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Nov-24-2020 at 16:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Re: External sound update?

I'm surprised this hasn't been asked about earlier

It will be reinstated in the future. At the moment my priority is pushing a fix for the annoying stress sound bug and after that I need to concentrate on resolving some issues in the sound banks which will require another remix but improve my workflow and allow me to spend more time working on sound effects.

Also the map specific ambient effects will be reintroduced as they were removed due to a playback bug.

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    I remember way back when in the update videos TFS was putting out the was one where they were showing how the new Daimler Benz 601 external sound was coming along and it sounded great, very grunty like a real one. I'm just wondering how this is going and of course with the other externals for the other aeroplanes also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been asked about earlier

It will be reinstated in the future. At the moment my priority is pushing a fix for the annoying stress sound bug and after that I need to concentrate on resolving some issues in the sound banks which will require another remix but improve my workflow and allow me to spend more time working on sound effects.

Also the map specific ambient effects will be reintroduced as they were removed due to a playback bug.

Good to hear

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

OMG, wow, there is hope after all, but a shame the release of DW has the bees , or so I heard when viewing stuka attack on Tobruk in Steam preview.
    Will the FAR BETTER DB605 sounds also be there in Blitz for the DB601 ? as its the number one thing letting CoD down, nothing sounds beefy enough, like lawnmowers flying past. Awful in fact. I experience merlins and DB's first hand and CoD is just so far away from those sounds.

Correct sound will transform CoD, its what its missing for realism. We also need it in the cockpits.

I supplied all accurate engine sounds years ago, but nothing ever happened.

BOBC