Thread: Vanillla Clod texture fun

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Vanillla Clod texture fun

I love messing around with textures and I recently re-installed vanilla Clod and discovered that I could extract textures using Kegety's mod, so I decided to have some fun. There were a few textures that I felt I would like to change, so I set about doing so.

I remember on purchasing the sim so many years ago, first loading a hurricane quick mission and I wasn't too impressed with the grey, gunmetal cockpit instrument panel texture, so I've edited those textures resulting in a darker panel for both the Hurricane and Spitfire as well as editing the gun sight and joystick colours.

20201125214431-1.jpg

20201126134531-1.jpg

The Dover castle texture was a dark grey, probably done so to add variation. I've edited this with more suitable colours.

20201126102624-1.jpg

TFMod3 featured a great field texture upgrade, so I managed to extract the english field textures using another program. The terrain works well with my tree texture mod in vanilla Clod.

20201124223059-1.jpg

2. Likes Fred Karno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Vanillla Clod texture fun

Quote Originally Posted by rince77 View Post
    I recently re-installed vanilla Clod
    How you manage to install "vanilla" version?
    When I try, Steam update for 4.312.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Hi 1lokos

I've always kept a verified 'final update vanilla main directory' folder handy on an external hdd, as backup. I started the installation from my retail dvd while online, then went offline and deleted the partially installed main directory folder in steam and replaced it with my backup folder, on restarting steam online it recognized it as being fully installed and it did not try to install TF patches. I think that I have auto updating disabled.
    Last edited by rince77; Nov-26-2020 at 15:56.

5. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

So 1lokos, did you manage to come right with the installation?

If you or anyone else is able to install vanilla patched up to its final steam patch let me know and I will make a mod compilation of these graphic re-textures and post them here. I'm slowly tweaking the ai settings for the bob campaign and hits vanilla missions as I play them as well.

In Blitz the haze and darker lighting tends to obscure everything which is such a pity, it makes aircraft identification difficult and aesthetically does nothing for the great terrain and lovely models and skins. I'm hoping that this is somehow improved with the introduction of truesky.
    Last edited by rince77; Nov-27-2020 at 09:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

No, probable something in my Windows.
    You are using Windows 10/64 updated?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Win7 64bit'

I play bob2 wov as well and the later patches for that sim wont run in win10.
    Last edited by rince77; Nov-27-2020 at 10:39.