Thread: Coming in a little while - Its Circus Time!

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Coming in a little while - Its Circus Time!

Hi everyone,

As advised a couple of weeks ago I have been working on a June 1941 MP mission for the ATAG server. Its kinda/sorta based on historical activities at the time with some additions made for MP playability / fun.

I've just sent it to the script gurus to see if its all working properly. They are very busy and may not get to look at it for a while so this mission may be a few weeks away yet. And i may have to make changes if i have not done things correctly script wise or been too ambitious re the scope (its effectively 2 MP missions - a Circus MP mission and a concurrent bomber / night fighter mission for those that like heavy bombers/heavy fighters - combined into 1).

So it may take longer to finish that anticipated

To whet you appetite here's the Blue and Red mission briefs.

June 1941 Red

The RAF is now on the offensive conducting circus raids into occupied France. The night bomber war is ongoing with both sides conducting nightly attacks on a range of different targets. New aircraft variants have entered service since the BoB and the fighter fight is going ever higher as performance improves.

To win Red must score 150. Circus type targets are available in northern France and bomber type targets in the Rouen-Le Havre area. Some targets can be destroyed by strafing or single /small number of bomber payloads. Points as follows

(a) Axis shipping convoy (CQ 56) bound for Dunkirk: 10
    (b) Axis convoy sheltering in the mouth of the Somme (BZ25): 10
    (c) Axis desert pre-deployment camp (CK24): 30
    (d) He 111s at Tramcourt preparing to head east: 30
    (e) Axis fuel dump at Licques (CE38): 20
    (f) Hazebrouck railyard (CM37): 30
    (g) Abbeville industrial park (CC23): 30
    (h) Rouen industrial complex (BR8): 40
    (i) Point Audemer industrial park (BJ6): 30
    (j) Creil D20 assembly factory (1 Welly bombload): 50

Spit Vbs have been placed kinda/sorta in historical location as per the Biggin Hill Wing. Canterbury has a range of other aircraft including Tomahawks which were still in-theatre in June 1941, albeit they didn't fly in the Circus raids.

June 1941 Blue

The RAF is now on the offensive conducting circus raids into occupied France. The night bomber war is ongoing with both sides conducting nightly attacks on a range of different targets. New aircraft variants have entered service since the BoB and the fighter fight is going ever higher as performance improves.

To win Blue must score 150. Tip and run jabo type targets are available in England and bomber type targets in the Salisbury - Reading area. Some targets can be destroyed by strafing or single /small number of bomber payloads. Points as follows

(a) Allied shipping convoy (BV54) heading to the Thames: 10
    (b) Allied shipping convoy sheltering at Camber: 10
    (c) Allied train at St Mary's Bay (BQ43): 20
    (d) Allied train at Hastings: 20
    (e) Allied desert pre-deployment camp (BM50): 30
    (f) Reading factory (AP52): 40
    (g) Salisbury Industrial Park: 30
    (h) Harwell Spitfire assembly factory: 50

Bf109 bases are kinda/sorta based on historical locations of JG2 bases as per the internet with some modifications made for MP playability.

Ooops i forgot to include in the blue brief there are 3 x navigation beacons: Theville, Crepon and Fecamp

Like i said this may be a few weeks away and i may have to make changes to the above. But hopefully you can get a sense for what the mission will involve.

Ezzie

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Re: Coming in a little while - Its Circus Time!

This sounds excellent Ezzie,
    Thanks for doing the hard work. Looking forward having a crack at the missions.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

This sounds very exciting, Ezzie!

Thanks hugely for putting in 'the hard yards' to get this up and running. It's fantastic that we have the personnel, like yourself, with the skills (not to mention the interest and drive) to build maps that show this sim at it's best.

I particularly like the idea of trying to navigate a Wellington all the way to Rouen to bomb targets. How many times have we read about these missions in the dozens of 'Enemy Coast Ahead' type books we have all enjoyed over the years? We have never had night missions......bomber versus night fighter...before, to my knowledge, and they appeal to me. I suppose the trick will be having realistic night time light conditions but still making interceptions and navigation possible? It would bring a totally new dimension to the sim.

Best not to rush! We can all wait a few weeks. It'll be worth it! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    It's fantastic that we have the personnel, like yourself, with the skills (not to mention the interest and drive) to build maps that show this sim at it's best. Salute!
    Couldn`t say it better!

S!

DerDa

6. Likes ATAG_Bubba, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ezzie View Post
    Ooops i forgot to include in the blue brief there are 3 x navigation beacons: Theville, Crepon and Fecamp

Pfuuh! You got me worried for a while
    Ideally would be to have a 4th beacon at French Point to be able to get more accurate triangulation...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks Ezzie.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Just a quick update - we are now testing this mission on the Team Fusion server. Found a couple of things which will hopefully be relatively easy to fix. Apart from these its looking Ok. 2 weeks for sure! (this is a joke - pls dont take literally)

Here's the tgt laydown to give you an idea - circus/rhubarb activities in the east and bomber / heavy fighter activities in the west.

Slide2.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide2.JPG

10. Likes 56RAF_stickz, DerDa liked this post