Thread: Hello, just starting and a little stumped

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    117.79 MB

Hello, just starting and a little stumped

Hello,

I'm just getting started with Cliffs of Dover. The complex engine management has me stumped at the moment, at least for the ME 109. Should I have an axis set to propeller pitch, given that the ME 109 had a constant speed propeller and didn't need manual adjustment(?) Or should I bind a key to switch propeller pitch to automatic, while retaining the propeller axis binding?

Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Hello, just starting and a little stumped

Quote Originally Posted by outbound View Post
    Hello,

I'm just getting started with Cliffs of Dover. The complex engine management has me stumped at the moment, at least for the ME 109. Should I have an axis set to propeller pitch, given that the ME 109 had a constant speed propeller and didn't need manual adjustment(?) Or should I bind a key to switch propeller pitch to automatic, while retaining the propeller axis binding?

Thanks!
    You should bind a key to toggle between auto and manual. Plane starts in manual, and you'll want to switch to auto once you are airborne. Buttons or switches are better to use for adjusting pitch, as pitch doesn't work the same way as in Allied planes. Pitch changes while you hold the switch...you can watch the progress on the pitch indicator. Axis works, but is cumbersome, because pitch only has 3 positions...Increase - off - Decrease.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Have a look at the 'Flashcards' that come with the game under 'Extras' > 'Manuals'.

They explain the basics for every type of aircraft that is flyable.
    There are quite some differences between all the 109s.

S!

DerDa

4. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by outbound View Post
    Hello,

Thanks!
    The Bf109E never had a constant speed propeller, all models had a variable pitch prop. Some with, some without an automation that matches engine rpms and manifold pressure.
    The E-1 and E-3 models do not have an automation, all models from the E-4 onwards do have one.