Thread: autopilot and waypoints

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    117.79 MB

autopilot and waypoints

Hello,

Thanks for the great answers to my previous question, about ME 109 prop pitch.

My next question is about autopilot. I see that there are autopilot commands, but when I try these commands, nothing happens. Is there a way to set up autopilot to fly your aircraft from one steerpoint to the next (and manage engine temperature), until you reach the combat area? I'm assuming here that each mission contains a set of steerpoints - I may be wrong about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: autopilot and waypoints

What you are looking for is the (not very well informative name) "Toggle AI control", in General section of Controls, this let the computer fly for you - can speed the time up to 16 X with the controls in "In Game Time" section of controls.

The "autopilot" controls in Aircraft section is for the "Kurssteurung", available originally only in German bombers, and now too in British and Italians bombers ... for the sake of "fair gameplay".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-30-2020 at 12:10.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    322.12 MB

Hi,

Do you know if there is an option for an autopilot of sorts that will hold just the current altitude and heading? I know it's kind of a noob question, but I couldn't find anything useful yet...

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by budzio View Post
    Hi,

Do you know if there is an option for an autopilot of sorts that will hold just the current altitude and heading? I know it's kind of a noob question, but I couldn't find anything useful yet...
    Hi budzio,

yes, there is an autopilot mode that holds altitude and heading. It's called "Mode 22". But only some planes have an autopilot - mostly bombers.
    Look at flashcards for Wellington or He-111 for example. You will find information about this autopilot mode there.

Josef

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Hi,

You can use this Course Autopilot in He 111, Bf 110, Fiat Br.20, Blenheim, Wellington.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    You can use this Course Autopilot in He 111, Bf 110, Fiat Br.20, Blenheim, Wellington.
    ... and Ju 88

Hi,
    ... I know it's kind of a noob question, but I couldn't find anything useful yet...
    Because you are not looking in the right place...

2021-05-02_075848.jpg

Picture1.png

Pick the flashcard in your preferred language, and do a search for "mode 22" (in all languages, or "modo 22" in Spanish)
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; May-02-2021 at 01:17.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h