Thread: Interessting CHEATING!!!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Interessting CHEATING!!!

il2 Great Battles-
    "Attention Pilots:

Due to continued cheating in multiplayer, we have formed a new security apparatus within our international development team as represented by our badge above. This team is armed with new tools to prevent and catch cheaters. We will not discuss our methods, technology or sources and no warnings will be given if we find out you are cheating. If you are caught cheating, you will be banned permanently from IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles multiplayer. Everyone who purchases and/or plays IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series is bound by the same Schedule 3 “Safe and Fair Play Policy” of the End User License Agreement.

Any previous postings about our anti-cheating policies are now made obsolete by this message.

This is your final and only warning. Do not try to test us to see how serious we are or get curious on how to cheat and ‘just try” to see what is possible. All attempts will be treated equally with the same result.

The Sturmovik Security Branch"

NEVER had a problem in Cliffs!
    Last edited by BlacKnight; Dec-03-2020 at 15:34.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Interessting CHEATING!!!

Really, it's OK. They can leave that arcade game to the script kiddies. Real men fly Cliffs of Dover!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi gents,

Hope the answer is found to effectively deal with unauthorized mods in multiplayer. Cliffs of Dover suffered from this pre-Team Fusion and it’s certainly no fun at all.

I own most of the BoX maps along with a few collector planes. It’s a terrific sim that plays very well on my now-dated PC. Wishing this fine group of sim enthusiasts the very best.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Good on them for getting stuck into anyone cheating. Hats off.

WW2 flight sims is a niche, and as a whole a bloody great community. Doesn't need cheaters, whether it's here, BoS or DCS.

They can bugger off and go camping behind a rock in a first person shooter..

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi gents,

Hope the answer is found to effectively deal with unauthorized mods in multiplayer. Cliffs of Dover suffered from this pre-Team Fusion and it’s certainly no fun at all.

I own most of the BoX maps along with a few collector planes. It’s a terrific sim that plays very well on my now-dated PC. Wishing this fine group of sim enthusiasts the very best.

Was apart of that beginning and I do respect all the sims and have had them going way back. Just was pointing out that since Team Fusion the structure of cliffs is solid, I hope they work out the issues, however this is the sim I prefer since its announced launch and I hope the guys at TEAM FUSION keep it moving forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

The post you are quoting is well over a year old, just saying.
    I'm not a huge fan of the BoX series but to be fair I have to say that during all of my time flying BoX I have never come across any cheaters. I have also never heard anyone else talk of cheaters in BoX so it's a sideshow problem at best.

7. Likes ATAG_Torian, MrSteven, 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    The post you are quoting is well over a year old, just saying.
    I'm not a huge fan of the BoX series but to be fair I have to say that during all of my time flying BoX I have never come across any cheaters. I have also never heard anyone else talk of cheaters in BoX so it's a sideshow problem at best.
    There was some recently going on, some people had some sort of radar utility during flight that would point them towards the nearest enemy at all times, I believe they were using it on the Finnish pilots server. Not sure if that got patched out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Unfortunately there is an element in the Online gaming community who make a point of cheating whenever they can.

This is less prevalent in the Flight Sim community, but is still there.

One of the first changes Team Fusion made back when we were a Mod group was to create patches which eliminated the opportunity to cheat.

Whenever you have community accessible mods, then unfortunately you open up the opportunity for unscrupulous people to alter the game in their favour.

This is why we don't open up the CLIFFS OF DOVER engine to modders... we prefer to have those people who can add new elements join TF and work under our umbrella.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    There was some recently going on, some people had some sort of radar utility during flight that would point them towards the nearest enemy at all times, I believe they were using it on the Finnish pilots server. Not sure if that got patched out though.
    That sounds similar to the eventlog exploit during the old IL-2 days. Back then a well known squadron was using a program to read out the eventlog file in real time, thus knowing where people were when they triggered an action that was recorded in the file. They were using it in online wars to great effect and usually found and clobbered bomber groups within a few minutes of mission start.
    What left quite a sour aftertaste was the fact that members of that squadron were friends with the developers so it was only natural to assume that they had gained inside knowledge through their contacts with Olegs team.

Good thing that TFS have the game locked up and secured!

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I have never come across a cheater in any game. I was probably just lucky or maybe, more likely, I don't care about them. I can beat them anyway. It is clear that anyone who wants to cheat is a bad pilot.
    I remember the cheat and related controversy mentioned by Karaya in the old 2. Often it was used as an excuse: "he shot me down because he's a cheater!"; a classic.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    (...) were friends with the developers so it was only natural to assume (...)
    That's a big assumption there...

I got booted from a SEOW campaign mission - twice.
    Just because I had a untility running that I had created. It read the log files during the mission, to be able to report the pilots scores at the end of the mission... on short notice, so, to not be dependent on stats-on-a-website. Simply only reporting the top killer to squadmates at the end of a Coop ...
    The only thing I was focused at were the points, nothing else.

My point is: should I have wanted to retrieve enemy bomber locations from those log files whenever someone switched gunner position, I could have done that.
    In the very same way I figured out how to record/report the point scores. Without ever having to contact anybody - let alone the developers.

Just saying...

image_2020-12-12_004718.png