Thread: Lockdown hobbies revisited

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Lockdown hobbies revisited

Thought I would get some kits out during lock down and see what I could do with them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Lockdown hobbies revisited

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Eshark View Post
    Thought I would get some kits out during lock down and see what I could do with them
    I have rather less spare time than without 'lockdown' but I just couldn't resist the 25% sale ...

DSCN8208 a.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Eshark View Post
    Ha ha! This takes me right back to my childhood! I have only very recently finished clearing my Dad's house after we lost him last year. It broke my heart to tip some of my old airfix models into the bins at the local dump. Some of them were over 50 years old but I have no space to store them and my wife would 'cut my rations' if I'd tried to keep them!

The weathering on those tanks is fantastic, Eshark...really professional!

Don't forget to post some pics on completion, DerDa! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Snap! Derda, I got these a few months ago in Lidl, I haven't got around to building them yet, I have a serious procrastination problem. I'm going to have to do something about it.........(wait for it ... wait for it)..............probably sometime in the next week or two.

airfix.JPG
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    Snap! Derda, I got these a few months ago in Lidl, I haven't got around to building them yet, I have a serious procrastination problem. I'm going to have to do something about it.........(wait for it ... wait for it)..............probably sometime in the next week or two.

airfix.JPG
    I always wanted to check up what this procrasti-word means, but I never got around to do it ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Those who mention procrastination in a conversation are good examples of ultracrepidarianism...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

7. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Those who mention procrastination in a conversation are good examples of ultracrepidarianism...
    Noofy

I put "ultracrepidarianism" into my google box that's wired to the worldwide interweb and its now broken.
    The bill is in the post.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    Noofy

I put "ultracrepidarianism" into my google box that's wired to the worldwide interweb and its now broken.
    The bill is in the post.
    Try it with this text to speech - https://text-to-speech-demo.ng.bluem...EALw_wcB#reset

I love model making.

Made a bunch of the plastic ones as a kid, and now I've been more into the flying ones.

You don't need to keep making new ones when you can keep fixing the ones you crashed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~
    I have family from the 'Old Country ' - who brought from Germany - Scandinavia- and England old recipes for bread. Over centuries the 'dough ' has evolved into magical crazy dough- with specific yeasts and steps in preparation. Well - skip all that. I changed it recently- noted a lack of certain yeasts and elements not needed.
    So after trial and error- I have been baking numerous insanely good breads- stuffed with thinly sliced NY Strip steak - fat and other bs removed - orange and red pepper - sweet onion - garlic and seasonings ( classified ) .
    Had grated Sharp White Wisconsin Cheddar both inside and out - let rise - oven- slice and die from happiness.
    Here you go- COVID Boredom Stromboli - get outa here! Too bad I wear tailored clothing everyday - and cant give up my 44R Slim / Modern Fit - lol or I would have eaten all of these.

S!~ AKA_Blasto

Add- On : Made Late Season Crazy pickles - sweet and salty with a tiny pepper for zing - refrigerator - in 1/2 gallon Ball jars. Again - crispy- sweet/ salty- wth- Operation Dill Destruction in effect.
    Add-on: Created a unbelievable dry rub- usual suspects for ingredients- but- I sliced whole jalapenos -dried them in a food dehydrator- blended them in to a powder- and added dried jalapeno powder to my rub- BOOM- back heat and crazy flavor. Last pix is from Carolina Style pork ribs- Kingsford Apple charcoal for 30 min- same smoke for 45min- 1hour- then 2.5 hr in 265 oven- watch humans attack-lol
    Add-On: Noticed no desert- so I thought I'd toss in here a quick pix of homemade chocolate and vanilla pudding - not instant - hand whipped heavy cream-fresh fruit- parfaits I made for the family- they lasted for about an hour-lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Dec-09-2020 at 17:42. Reason: Added more crazy good hobbie creations...
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

"You don't need to keep making new ones when you can keep fixing the ones you crashed. "

I hope no Fedex trucks were harmed in the making of your memes

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

That bread looks incredible !

I bought a pasta machine... so have been making pasta... sooo easy... soooooo good !!

it's amazing... it's essentially boiled pastry... what a stupid stupid idea !! and yet... it's great !

I have millions of stupid ideas... My head is litterally coursing with rediculous ideas 24-7... but hell... that one is really hard to even get close to. Boiled pastry. It weirds my scene !!

Also been using the soldering iron a hell of a lot... mainly replacing all the electrolytic capacitors in my various old amplifiers.

Also my garden will burst into one hell of a spring dance too in a few months... i put a lot of graft into that over the summer. can't wait to see it come alive.

so yeah... pasta, electronics and gardening.

The holy trinity of time management.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Well it had to happen childhood dream machine built
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

That's absolutely brilliant work with the airbrush and weathering!
    Chapeau!

16. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Thanks for the compliment
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

18. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I wish I have more time during the lockdown...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~

For the record- the lockdown? Wrong. Not happening. Do what you want. Safe? Always. No lockdown. Restrictions? Maybe- we'll see. Freedom. Hell yes. Liberty. Hell yes. Respect. Hell yes. Lockdown. Hell no. Hobbies don't wait for some other day - forced into it. Wrong. Today is the day . Freedom. Forever. New normal? Bullsh$t. There is only one normal.

S!~ AKA_Blasto
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Ooooook
    [COLOR="#B22222"]