Thread: Air supply elements in server missions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,019.37 MB

Air supply elements in server missions

I am not sure if there is any interest for that type of missions out there but I have sometimes no need to jump into a fighter and get shot down while trying to shoot down others or getting heavy damage by flak when delivering my bombs in a daring low level raid.
    Sometimes it would be just enough to take a Wellington and do a flight from eg a rearward air field to an air field at the front line or similar. Enjoy the flight and the navigational challenges. Of course I can do that whenever I like.
    But it would be so much more fun if there was also a purpose behind it, if you could earn some points for the team.

So question is, is that in general possible to add in server missions? Like having some tasks, for example transport a General in a Blenheim to the front line or flying a bunch of soldiers into or out of the besieged Tobruk in a Wellington? Or fuel from the coast to the LGs in the desert in a He 111?
    If you deliver it safely (and maybe in time) you get points like for destroying a target.
    I guess that is possible to some extend if I for example think about the Agent pickup in Steamworks?
    Has any of the mission-builders thought about adding these types of supply-tasks? Could maybe also be interesting for campaigns?

Of course I only see this as a minor complement to existing missions, just giving it an extra choice for people with limited talents in destroying stuff to enjoy this great sim.

2. Likes Artist, Ceaser87, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Air supply elements in server missions

Yes, this is very possible. Briefings can include locations out in the blue where players have to land near vehicles or downed aircraft, pickup, then take off and fly back to friendly airfields.

And sorties of this type can be dynamically generated. Coming in the new year "Scoop".

4. Likes Kayo, DerDa liked this post