Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desert Wimpey - Desert Wings Tobruk Wellington Bomber Tutorial

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Desert Wimpey - Desert Wings Tobruk Wellington Bomber Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Hi Ezzie,thanks for the heads up,I've just downloaded it.....life saver mate
    You don’t need to "download" it. It comes with the game. You find it from the Main Menu, under Extras > Manuals...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

2. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You don’t need to "download" it. It comes with the game. You find it from the Main Menu, under Extras > Manuals...
    Actually,I only purchased it yesterday,and only for the flyable Wellington if I'm honest,I did'nt have the time to thoroughly look at it in depth,so thank you,we learn something every day,appreciated

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

4. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Thanks Pattle and all who took part - good session.

Ezzie

6. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks to everyone who could join the livestream today, whether flying or spectating. We hope it was educational for those looking to fly the Wellington, and needing some help to get up to speed.

Was great fun. and a very successful raid at the end.

Here's some pics.

launcher64.exe Screenshot 2020.12.27 - 10.11.13.17.jpg

launcher64.exe Screenshot 2020.12.27 - 10.17.56.42.jpg

launcher64.exe Screenshot 2020.12.27 - 10.17.21.100.jpg

Cheers,

Pattle

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Great stuff today with the tutorial Pattle & Ezzie,
    Good fun and very productive. Was impressive that we all got to the target more or less together, hit it successfully and made it back to base. Good on you Leart for that cover as we came in to land.
    Looking forward to getting a few bods together for some Wimpey missions once the Christmas/New Year hullabaloo is over. Marlow and Slot, lets talk soon re that.
    Thank you TF for the great effort with the sim through 2020 and all the best to all of us for 2021!
    ATAG_Bubba

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

That was great fun! Thanks Pat, Ezzie, and the rest of you for a great mission!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thanks to Pattles and Ezzie for their outstanding tutorial lastnight,learnt a lot guys,and very much appreciated,first class Gentlemen,Bravo

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Once again christmas festivities prevented me from taking part ,but I did manage to watch a small part of the stream, albiet without sound.

As one who has been flying the Wellington a bit lately I hope to be able to watch it all properly later.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadeluxe View Post
    Looking forward to getting a few bods together for some Wimpey missions once the Christmas/New Year hullabaloo is over. Marlow and Slot, lets talk soon re that.
    Need a little more practice in the Wimpey, but count me in on this.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Big thanks to Pattle and all the guys behind the scenes (Yo, etc) helping with the live stream event last night. I enjoyed it very much and learnt some useful tips.

It was the first time I managed to get Mode 22 successfully deployed and use the front gunners position to line up on the target successfully! Now for more practice...

Speaking of which...yes, count me in for some Wellington sorties in the New Year Bubbadeluxe and Slot! Salute...and thanks again....

14. Likes ATAG_Laser, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot, Meaks liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Seasons greetings to all and like to add my thanks to Pattle and Ezzie for organising the Welli livestream session.

Was great fun and a pleasure to fly in and the collective successful mission outcome was outstanding.
    My adrenaline rush at the end was pounding and could not sleep for hours!

Can't want to fly some more missions as the learning curve improves.
    Marlow, Bubba et al lets find some holiday time for some more collective jaunts!

The Wellington is fantastic model and a massive credit to TFS crew and on its own worth every penny of the Tobruk expansion.
    My favourite planes are the Spit V, Kitty and the Wimpy and we had had all three buzzing in last nights mission.
    Thank to the fighter boys for top cover.

Wishing everyone a better 2021 and hope to see you in the sky
    (providing i can source a new monitor to help with my contact spotting!)
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Seasons greetings to all and like to add my thanks to Pattle and Ezzie for organising the Welli livestream session.

Was great fun and a pleasure to fly in and the collective successful mission outcome was outstanding.
    My adrenaline rush at the end was pounding and could not sleep for hours!

Can't want to fly some more missions as the learning curve improves.
    Marlow, Bubba et al lets find some holiday time for some more collective jaunts!

The Wellington is fantastic model and a massive credit to TFS crew and on its own worth every penny of the Tobruk expansion.
    My favourite planes are the Spit V, Kitty and the Wimpy and we had had all three buzzing in last nights mission.
    Thank to the fighter boys for top cover.

Wishing everyone a better 2021 and hope to see you in the sky
    (providing i can source a new monitor to help with my contact spotting!)

If you fine fellows are up for more Wimpey flights/missions and are looking for Wimpey pilots to swell the numbers,please count me in,that is,if the invitation is open to all waifs and strays such as myself.If you are interested in more flights in the near future,please feel free to contact me.

Maybe we could set up a regular night if it proves popular,a kind of Wellington bomber pilots collective.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

If you fine fellows are up for more Wimpey flights/missions and are looking for Wimpey pilots to swell the numbers,please count me in,that is,if the invitation is open to all waifs and strays such as myself.If you are interested in more flights in the near future,please feel free to contact me.

Maybe we could set up a regular night if it proves popular,a kind of Wellington bomber pilots collective.
    Hi there P/O Meaker,
    Excellent timing. Marlow, Slot and myself were just chatting re exactly this. We are hoping to do a Wimpey mission or two on the TWC server this Sat (2 Jan) 8 pm GMT. We usually meet in the the ATAG Teamspeak Lobby. Would be great if you (and any others who may be interested) could join us. Hope to see you there.
    ATAG_Bubba

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadeluxe View Post
    Hi there P/O Meaker,
    Excellent timing. Marlow, Slot and myself were just chatting re exactly this. We are hoping to do a Wimpey mission or two on the TWC server this Sat (2 Jan) 8 pm GMT. We usually meet in the the ATAG Teamspeak Lobby. Would be great if you (and any others who may be interested) could join us. Hope to see you there.
    .....I'll second that! There will be a beer waiting for you in the Anteroom of the Mess on Saturday, Meaker. Bubba is in the chair! (Ha ha!)

Full briefing will follow on, after the eggs and bacon. After that, ....look for the green flare from the Tower! Good luck! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Absolutely Capital chaps !...I shall endeavour to be there.....and thanks very much for the kind invitation

PS

If one of you chaps can private message me the password for the TWC Server it would be very much appreciated,thank you
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-30-2020 at 08:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Absolutely Capital chaps !...I shall endeavour to be there.....and thanks very much for the kind invitation

Good God, man! I've just noticed you're only down the road from me in Windsor!!!! I'm up the road in Marlow! On the good old Themesis, what?

Spot of luck! I shall pick you up in the old jallopy......... from the castle...... at around 7pm? We can give 'the old girl' a wave as we drive orff! What ho! Salute!

21. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Good God, man! I've just noticed you're only down the road from me in Windsor!!!! I'm up the road in Marlow! On the good old Themesis, what?

Spot of luck! I shall pick you up in the old jallopy......... from the castle...... at around 7pm? We can give 'the old girl' a wave as we drive orff! What ho! Salute!
    He,he it's a small world old bean,a small world......great chewing the fat with you today on the jolly old TS btw,glad you found me

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

He,he it's a small world old bean,a small world......great chewing the fat with you today on the jolly old TS btw,glad you found me

Ladies and Gentlemen we just witnessed two Wimpy pilots find themselves in the suburbs of London town and a beautiful thing it was. Now if they only learn to hit their targets we can start the celebration.

Happy New Year all.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

[QUOTE=Plt Off JRB Meaker;368387]Absolutely Capital chaps !...I shall endeavour to be there.....and thanks very much for the kind invitation

Hi PO Meaker
    Bubbadeluxe, Marlow and I have been having practice sorties alongside the excellent live-streams and it’s been great fun. We have even managed to hit the odd target or two and get home safe. Famous last words!

We hope to be on Teamspeak lobby at 8pm GMT on Saturday 2 Jan as a bit of a new year bomber jolly.

Took me ages to pluck up courage to join multiplayer but everyone has been very welcoming and Bubba and I have met up online and had some real laurel and hardy moments on our own such as failing to get out of the hangers or cooking our engines on take off or just learning to bail out.

The TFS Wellington is a great model and flying in a player raid is awesome and has given me goosebumps especially when you get a call out that bandits are around.
    Makes you wonder just how the real bomber boys must have felt.
    Look forward to flying on Saturday.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Hi Slot

Looks like you chaps have got your act together,glad to hear you all got back safe after your sortie,and bally splendid you hit the target,that's the spirit.

You'll be glad to hear I too have been hitting the odd target or two myself over the last few days,looks like collectively we'll be able to give Jerry a bloody nose on Saturday night,looking forward to it all ready old man,damn good show what ?

Saturday night it is then,see you all in the bar......mines a Gin,you'll notice me,by my pipe....it's welded to my mouth....whatto then

BTW Please call me Meaks

PS

I've just noticed your location....your not that far from Marlow and I,less than a stone's throw Sir,nice to have a 'local' touch to the group eh ?
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-30-2020 at 14:15.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Hi Meaks
    Yea not far down the road from Windsor and Marlow.
    Plenty of airfields and the defence academy nearby so we get free air shows in the summer. Used to be a DDay strip at the end of the village.

First round on whoever gets nearest target and makes it back....

Slot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

I shall endeavour to join you chaps on Saturday evening, although I am a little behind some of you as regards to the finer points of flying and especially bombing in the Wimpey.

Hoping to nip on in a little while to assign a few keys and practice using the autopilot / mode 22.

TWC Server you say? Fingers crossed we have a bit better luck with spawning than the last time Knight, Marlow and myself tried flying the Wellington on there

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    I shall endeavour to join you chaps on Saturday evening, although I am a little behind some of you as regards to the finer points of flying and especially bombing in the Wimpey.

Hoping to nip on in a little while to assign a few keys and practice using the autopilot / mode 22.

TWC Server you say? Fingers crossed we have a bit better luck with spawning than the last time Knight, Marlow and myself tried flying the Wellington on there
    Hi Laser,we're all still on the learning curve here old chap,especially me....but if I can be bold to help with a few pointers that I have learnt personally over the past few days of flying.

Just remember to climb to your desired altitude using 2250 RPM,2 1/2 boost,cowl flaps at 100% and adjusting your prop pitch to achieve this,then pick your heading,fly straight and level for a minute to settle your kite,then simply zero your gyro,before inputting the jolly old Course Autopilot and inputting your Mode 22.

You can then use your A and D keys to steer your kite to it's desired target,or steer to your leader's kite.

I've found using approx 93%-100% throttle and 79% prop pitch more or less gives me the desired 2250 RPM,2 1/2 Boost required when climbing,but keep your eye on those cylinder head temps,try and keep them well under 240 degree C......keeping the cylinder head temps under 240 degree C is paramount......All of my control calculations have been carried out using 20% fuel and with no wind,please bare this in mind.

As I'm sure you've already realised the new 'Flashcards' are your friends re mastering the Wimpy....the boys have done a great job in putting these together for us.

I think this is all correct....no doubt someone will correct me if I've made a stinker See you in the bar on Saturday night old man.
    Last edited by Meaks; Jan-01-2021 at 06:42.

29. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Laser, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Had a bit of a Wimpey practice flight with Marlow on TFS#3 server last night, setting off from Lympne to bomb Coquelles (I think that was it, I can never remember which is which with these airfields in France)

We both had to fly over the target several times to line up. It's a miracle we weren't hit by flak and it was a good job there weren't any 109's around. I was still to one side of the airfield when I released my "Eggs" and wasn't at all sure that they would hit the target, but they did, and so did Marlow's. We destroyed the airfield with just two Welly bomb loads and both made it back for safe landings at Lympne.

Marlow also showed me how to operate the gun turrets, although they weren't needed on this sortie, and I also managed to assign the turret controls to my joystick seeing as I was using my Saitek yoke for flying the Welly. Looking forward to jumping in the turret and having a pop at any 109's on my 6 should the Luftwaffe decide to show up next time.

I hope to be able to join you all on Saturday. See you in the briefing room

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Excellent Laser,glad to hear your having fun buddie,yes I too have now finally learnt how to use the turrets,although it took me ages to realise what key operated the guns,.......and if I'm honest,I'm still no hot shot,so God help me if the hun decides to pay the rear of my kite a visit on Saturday night.

BTW,We're talking of putting a dedicated Wimpy bomber squadron together,and maybe have a night during the week when we can all get together for some training,so I hope you'll be interested in joining that if we get if off the ground.

In the mean time,see you in the briefing room/bar on Saturday night

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 MB

Excellent Laser,glad to hear your having fun buddie,yes I too have now finally learnt how to use the turrets,although it took me ages to realise what key operated the guns,.......and if I'm honest,I'm still no hot shot,so God help me if the hun decides to pay the rear of my kite a visit on Saturday night.

BTW,We're talking of putting a dedicated Wimpy bomber squadron together,and maybe have a night during the week when we can all get together for some training,so I hope you'll be interested in joining that if we get if off the ground.

In the mean time,see you in the briefing room/bar on Saturday night
    Gents. Hope to join you on Saturday night. Just one question. I am on TS but will I need to be on Discord for coms on the TWC server?

Vickers Wellington Mk1c. OJ-F P2517 'F for Freddie' of No.149 Squadron, star of 'Target for Tonight' directed by Harry Watt released in July 1941.

Freddy prepares for an air test prior to departure from Ford on ops with No.149 Squadron for a daring daylight attack on Marshalling Yards in Caen France 31\1|21. ATAG Operation Milk Run. Target destroyed. Six Wellingtons, One Blenheim together with
    their Spitfire escort returned safely. One Wellington crashed on landing at Ford.

33. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FLAK BOSS View Post
    Gents. Hope to join you on Saturday night. Just one question. I am on TS but will I need to be on Discord for coms on the TWC server?
    Hi FLAK BOSS....that is good news! We will be delighted to have you along.

As far as I know, we are all using Team Speak3 at the moment and I'm pretty sure we will be using that on Saturday! Do jump on board! Salute!

35. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Hawk, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Good man FLAK BOSS,absolutely capital,and the more the merrier,only too glad to have you along old man,as Marlow has pointed out,the majority of us are using Team Speak 3,but muck along,please do

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 MB

Thanks chaps. See you at briefing.

Vickers Wellington Mk1c. OJ-F P2517 'F for Freddie' of No.149 Squadron, star of 'Target for Tonight' directed by Harry Watt released in July 1941.

Freddy prepares for an air test prior to departure from Ford on ops with No.149 Squadron for a daring daylight attack on Marshalling Yards in Caen France 31\1|21. ATAG Operation Milk Run. Target destroyed. Six Wellingtons, One Blenheim together with
    their Spitfire escort returned safely. One Wellington crashed on landing at Ford.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12