Thread: Game Crashes

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Game Crashes

Hi I currently have the steam version of Cliffs of Dover Blitz. When I first acquired the program several months ago it worked great. In the last couple of months the game crashes as soon as it starts a flight or mission. I have tried everything including reinstalling the game and turning off my anti virus. Nothing seems to work. I have written the the developer of the game on 4 occasions and received no response. Can anyone possibly help me with this frustrating problem? Thanks in Advance.

ps. Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

Re: Game Crashes

Try clearing your game cache in C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi Westcoast Air

I would certainly do as our friend Dawson suggested and clear that cache file . Also perhaps try this . Open STEAM and Go to.... STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. (Thanks Lewis) in case any files are missing from recent updates .

I have on occasion uninstalled then re-installed Steam to remedy some game crashes . Search the ATAG forums as many problems are common to other users and you may well find the remedy there . Posting your system specs may help the devs analyze any problems you're having .

Hope this helps and Good Luck

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Also, you might have a corrupted "ConfUser.ini" (or some other .ini configuration file). These are stored under "my documents\1c softclub\cliffs of dover....". What you can try is renaming that folder so the game does not find the files and re-creates them.