Thread: Mission crashing game to desktop

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.73 MB

Mission crashing game to desktop

Hi all

is it possible that an older custom campaign mission could be causing a crash to desktop?

It is a Battle of Britain campaign that appears to be translated from Russian. (I can't remember where I downloaded it or who the author is but there is a script in each mission which scores progress - when it works)

So far all the missions have worked fine, but I get to mission 15 and the game will eventually crash to desktop. This takes quite a while, but eventually it crashes.

I'm running on an 8700k, 32gb DDR and 1080ti, this rig runs Cliffs of Dover Blitz vanilla campaigns fine, MSFS2020 pretty well and the IL-2 Great Battles just fine too. I'm just trying to figure out where the fault is and if it is the mission what can be done to correct it and play that mission through to end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: Mission crashing game to desktop

Hello Zip the older mission lack some of the .DLL files needed for the .50 what version are you running could very well be the answer
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.73 MB

Re: Mission crashing game to desktop

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    Hello Zip the older mission lack some of the .DLL files needed
    Hi
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm running the game through Steam so likely have whatever the latest auto update version is.

That reason seems quite possible, I guess there must be old campaigns out there that predate the "Blitz" release and this is likely one of those.

With missing .dll's etc is this something that is too deeply embedded into the missions to dive in, edit some stuff through FMB and get them working?

Is there a list anywhere of single player campaigns that will play nice with this version?