Thread: Embarrassing Noob question.....what key fires the machine gun when in the turret ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Embarrassing Noob question.....what key fires the machine gun when in the turret ?

Blimey,this is an embarrassing one,but what key fires the blessed machine gun when in the Wellington turret please ?...I can take over the turret,lean into gunsight,illuminate the gunsight......but can I fire the thing,can I f..k !

I can fly the Wimpey,manage the engines correctly,engage the Autopilot M22,even get my ordnance on target for Christ's sake,but simply firing the turret machine guns is at present non operative.

Can somebody please put this old duffer out of his misery

BTW I always thought it was my mouse button,but that does not work.
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-27-2020 at 17:18.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Embarrassing Noob question.....what key fires the machine gun when in the turret

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Blimey,this is an embarrassing one,but what key fires the blessed machine gun when in the Wellington turret please ?...I can take over the turret,lean into gunsight,illuminate the gunsight......but can I fire the thing,can I f..K !
    Hey listen, Meaker, I wish I could help you! I am also learning the Wellington at the moment but I haven't got as far as the turrets yet.......... but I've just got to say how much I enjoyed your post! Ha ha....made my day! Hilarious!

We've all had many of those 'how the f**k does it work'..... moments but we rarely have the courage to post about them! Good on yer, mate!

Hang on in there and I'm sure somebody will pop out of the Mess anteroom in a mo' and help you out!

In the New Year, Slot and Bubbadeluxe (two relatively new but frighteningly enthsiastic sim pilots) and I (together with several others, I hope) are going to hit the servers with 'massed' Wellington raids (cough, cough) which will strike fear into the black hearts of all Blue pilots.....maybe!

You are very welcome to join us! Good luck! Salute!

P.s And don't forget to check out the Wellington Flashcards in game.......main menu..... 'Options'...produced at great cost in blood, sweat and tears by our own ATAG_Ezzie!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Dec-27-2020 at 12:25.

3. Likes rontaila, Meaks, farley, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Re: Embarrassing Noob question.....what key fires the machine gun when in the turret

Lol,Yes I know,it's pitiful,is'nt it ?...the problem is my damn mouse won't bind to the bally 'Fire Machine Gun' key,maybe that's my issue,don't know,but after two solid days of Wimpey flying......I still can't use the most important item on the aircraft.

BTW Marlow,I have just realised,your just up the road from me,I live in Windsor,Berkshire,your in Marlow,Berkshire,small world,ain't it....Jeez.
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-27-2020 at 16:41.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

5. Likes ATAG_Marlow, farley, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Blimey,this is an embarrassing one,but what key fires the blessed machine gun when in the Wellington turret please ?...I can take over the turret,lean into gunsight,illuminate the gunsight......but can I fire the thing,can I f..K !

I can fly the Wimpey,manage the engines correctly,engage the Autopilot M22,even get my ordnance on target for Christ's sake,but simply firing the turret machine guns is at present non operative.

Can somebody please put this old duffer out of his misery

BTW I always thought it was my mouse button,but that does not work.
    Make sure you first hit F10 to move and fire the gun, if this does not work, check the keybinding.

Under controls/general/ find fire current weapon.

I have also created another fire current weapon and assigned that to a keyboard command so I can move the turret and fire at the same time (the mouse freezes the turret when firing)

Left click on the binding and hit new and then assign a key. You will then have 2 key bindings for firing the current weapon.

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Meaks, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Lol,Yes I know,it's pitiful,is'nt it ?...the problem is my damn mouse won't bind to the bally 'Fire Machine Gun' key,maybe that's my issue,don't know,but after two solid days of Wimpey flying......I still can't use the most important item the aircraft.
    Hi Meaker,

if you want to bind a mouse button, you have to use a little trick. When you open the binding window, don't click the desired mouse button inside the empty field but outside it. For example, if you want to bind a left mouse button, click this button on the "Press Hot Key" title.

But as Torric270 wrote, if you use a mouse for turret gun aiming, it is not recommended to use a mouse button as a gun trigger. It is not possible to move the gun using a mouse when a mouse button is pressed.

You can check the flashcards for turret equipped aircraft. There are more recommendations for turret gunnery there. The Wellington flashcard is not just the best example because this one is little bit less informative here. But you can look at other bombers because these recommendations are the same for all aircraft.

Josef

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Meaks, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thank you Gentlemen......and,ahhhhh,relax......all fixed,thanks especially to Torric270,this ...'Under controls/general/ find fire current weapon',blimey mate,what a life saver

Damn good show

Thought I was having a senior moment there......Lol,there's me,thinking I was having a senior moment......I was...most certainly having a senior moment......ok guys,nothing to see here now,move along now,move along,just a chap gone doolally.....not a pretty sight.
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-27-2020 at 16:52.