Thread: Thrustmaster TARGET Script editor fix

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Thrustmaster TARGET Script editor fix

Thrustmaster TARGET Script Editor users:

I have been frustrated by the way TM Script Editor builds the "Thrustmaster Combined" device in the Windows 10 "Game Controllers" window. Sometimes it would remove the "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" controller, and/or sometimes remove the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" controller when it installed the "Thrustmaster Combined" controller as I ran a TARGET Script. Sometimes TARGET built the "Combined" controller without removing anything like it should.

Furthermore, it has been taking too long to run the script before using the system. It should compile and run a script in about 3 seconds instead of this long loadup I was experiencing.

I used to work around this by implementing the "Thrustmaster Firmware Updater (3.0.33), but even that stopped correcting the problem with recent driver and Windows 10 updates. Since Firmware Updater used to work, I tried playing with it and found, quite by accident, what seems to fix the problem:

When the Thrustmaster Firmware Updater (3.0.33) appears, there are two controllers presented for updating: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog - VER.: 12" at the top, and "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog - Ver.: 23" underneath it. Instinctively, I've updated the top option first, then the Throttle option second. This order seems to be the problem.

I simply reversed the order and updated the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog - Ver.: 23" FIRST, and the "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" SECOND. After closing the updater, the script compiled instantly with all the appropriate bells and whistles, and the Windows 10 "Game Controllers" window shows "Thrustmaster Combined" all by itself, like it's supposed to!

Success! (I just hope it continues to work!)
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-07-2021 at 17:57. Reason: 1st edit removed.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Twin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

Re: Thrustmaster TARGET Script editor fix

Thank you for posting this

After reading your post, I reinstalled the newest driver for my T16000 Flightstick / TWCS Throttle from the Thrustmaster website. Until now I was only able to use the Target software for my Flightstick. After updating the drivers I can now for the first time integrate my TWCS Throttle / Twist rudder into the Target software, without getting an error message when starting the software. As a result my rudder steering feels now much more precise than before.

Happy new year.

Twin

4. Likes Baffin liked this post