Thread: Dx 128

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Dx 128

My WH Throttle is capable of 128 DX keys which allows me to map ALL on/off/middle positions for all keys pending their design. No extra programming required except the required use of Target software.

This is accomplished through a modified .tmh file which has been in use for some years now.

I am not able to utilize the extra DX designations in COD BLITZ nor Tobruk yet it is fully readable in other notable simulations.

I would like TF to have a look at how the WH throttle is defined within this SIM.

Thanks,
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Dx 128

CloD use the same old DImput of IL:46, limiting DX buttons up to 32 (+POV HAT).

Due this for use DX buttons above #32 is need use key mapping emulation software, that fool press joy button for press keyboard keys.

Modern (flight) games can use up to 128, eg. DCS World. IL-2:GB (Bo'x) up to 64, no idea about MSFS2020, X-Plane 11.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-11-2021 at 22:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Is this 32 limit confined to a single Flight stick ?
    Or are things like a throttle quadrant (with rocker buttons) and 2 MFPs (with 20 buttons and 4 rocker buttons each) included in the count ?
    I probably only use a max of about 15 buttons on all of those combined with CloD but would be interested to know if that limit was confined to a stick or includes all buttons from all input devices ?
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

That is the limit for buttons on a single USB device.

5. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    That is the limit for buttons on a single USB device.
    Yet other SIMS recognize the 128 without problems.

So that defeats the USB device of limitation does it not?
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    CloD use the same old DImput of IL:46, limiting DX buttons up to 32 (+POV HAT).

Due this for use DX buttons above #32 is need use key mapping emulation software, that fool press joy button for press keyboard keys.

Modern (flight) games can use up to 128, eg. DCS World. IL-2:GB (Bo'x) up to 64, no idea about MSFS2020, X-Plane 11.
    Hi 1lokos,
    That is the issue with CLOD as I understand it.
    Perhaps it is time to find out how other SIMS recognize the DX 128 keys without having to convert them to Keyboard keys.

Strange.

Old design? Not current in interface?

I don't particularly want to revert to TM old Target programming to get keys to release or hold or other when it is so easy with the switches putting out DX codes.

If anyone is interested and uses TARGET software, I can send the .tmm file available to them to try. (in other SIMS)
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Catseye; Jan-12-2021 at 16:00.
    - Leonard Nimoy

8. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Or are things like a throttle quadrant (with rocker buttons) and 2 MFPs (with 20 buttons and 4 rocker buttons each) included in the count ?
    I probably only use a max of about 15 buttons on all of those combined with CloD but would be interested to know if that limit was confined to a stick or includes all buttons from all input devices ?
    I believe that each device has it's own identity so you can use at least the 32 limit on more than one at the same time.

Just as an aside.

I have a TM Throttle set for DX 128 keys.
    and . . . . I have a TM Stick - both F16 and F18 and both can be mounted on my VKB base. Plus MFG Crosswind pedals.
    The VKB software shows 128 keys available but . . . . the TM sticks only use 32 each when mounted.

If I mount the VKB stick - all 128 are available.

I have no probs with three sets of devices connected as each has a separate identity.
    - Leonard Nimoy

10. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    The limit is per USB controller inside of joystick, throttle, etc.

Some "HOTAS", e.g. Cougar, HOTAS X, X-52 use just one USB controller for the pair, all the other controllers (joy, etc) have their own USB controller.

VKB T-Rudder and Thrustmaster TFRP pedals can be used as standalone USB device or as slave of some other controller of the brand.

In games that use the old DImput .DLL for each controller will be recognized:

Up to 8 analog/digital axes
    Up to 32 buttons (push, toggle, encoders...)
    Up to 4 POV HATS (the use of more than one requires custom drivers, feature used only by X-52, where an extra POV HAT is used as normal buttons)

The newest (but released at several years) DImput .DLL allow up to 128 buttons, require implementation in game code.

Today besides Warthog with 128 DX buttons script, some VirPil and VKB, GVL224 and Kantorrini controllers have more than 32 physical buttons and their USB Controller support up to 128 buttons.

Custom "joystick" firmware, e.g. MMjoy2, FreeJoy, for cheap ($5) cards like Arduino PRO Micro/Teensy 20, STM32F103, allow up to 128 buttons.

@ Catseye

I would like TF to have a look at how the WH throttle is defined within this SIM.
    What is need is not an specific CloD support for Warthog throttle script, but game code updated for newest DImput.DLL, what will benefit any controller.

In il2sturmovik.com CloD section are topic asking for this, and "promise" that "maybe, someday..."

12. Likes Catseye, ATAG_Torian liked this post