Thread: Noob questions

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Noob questions

1. Is il2airattack.com the same as this site? I mean is it a portal. There seems to be very little activity there but donation funding is pretty good.
    2. If you join a server using discord can you use your phone or tablet for that and the computer for the game?

Salut
    AOB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Noob questions

Quote Originally Posted by AOB View Post
    1. Is il2airattack.com the same as this site? I mean is it a portal. There seems to be very little activity there but donation funding is pretty good.
    Nope, that site is for players of IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles (Bo'X) and Tank Crew (1CGS games).

No clue about Discord.
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Jan-12-2021 at 03:50. Reason: replaced "this" for "that"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

2. If you join a server using discord can you use your phone or tablet for that and the computer for the game?
    Yes (in theory).
    However... how will you assign a key to activate the microphone when you speak? Having it voice activated, or worse as live mike, is not a good idea as all your background sounds may/will be heard by all, and this can be very disturbing at times...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

4. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Thank you for your replies. I have learnt a lot about the game the last couple of weeks. Like many others I guess, I thought that having flown IL2 1946 back in the dark ages it would be the same today. I love the Wellington.

6. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Thank you for your replies. I have learnt a lot about the game the last couple of weeks. Like many others I guess, I thought that having flown IL2 1946 back in the dark ages it would be the same today. I love the Wellington.
    You know that there is a Wimpy sqaud that is regularly doing training flights?
    Don't be shy and join the fun!

8. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Salut
    AOB
    You can use your smartphone as a webcam with an app named droidcam. And with this virtual webcam you can use the mic as a mic-source for teamspeak an I expect also for discord. I tried it inTeamspeak and it even works with ptt.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless