Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for Rudder Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Re: Recommendations for Rudder Pedals

Thanks very much 1lokos,I really appreciate this

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Got on the waiting list for MFG Crosswinds in early June 2015, and installed my MFG Crosswind serial-number 1041 in September 2015. They have served well without further attention or maintenance apart from once pulling a clump of cat-hair out of the cam device, that was preventing accurate centering, and once adjusting the spring adjuster on the front, tightening up the response considerably when converting from Hurricane to 109 a couple of years ago... The cat survived 19 years and I expect the pedals will too.
    hahaha !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

The price of a fully tricked-out MFG Crosswinds with hydraulic damper and realistic pedals is up to about $500 US. Add taxes, shipping and insurance and you're priced right up there with Thrustmaster TPR's.

Be sure to shop carefully, no matter which you choose.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-28-2021 at 10:55.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post

Be sure to shop carefully, no matter which you choose.
    Quite so !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    403.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    My old Saitek pro combats are starting to rebel. I've sprung $569 (US) for new Thrustmaster TPR pedals, but I have to wait a month for Amazon Prime delivery due to COVID 19. (Every bad thing in 2021 is due to COVID 19, you know.) Well, I have a month to cancel before they charge my card, so you all have a month to convince me of the error of my ways. What's the best high quality pedal system that's available now?

It's a heck of a way to spend my COVID 19 stimulus check, isn't it?

EDIT: This thread, suggesting I might cancel the order, was up less than two hours, when I got an email from Amazon that my Thrustmaster TPR Pedals will now arrive in only three days! I guess I'll give them a fair trial since they're on the way. At that price, you can appreciate my "Buyer's apprehension".

EDIT: Here's a comprehensive review I came across with an interesting comparison to MFG Crosswinds by user, "ZK", in the comments section at the end:

https://fselite.net/reviews/thrustma...selite-review/
    Just a quick note to say thanks for posting this because I am new to the game and also looking to invest in a good set of rudder pedals.

7. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

Just a heads up that MFG Crosswinds are in stock (graphite only). I ordered them to replace thrustmaster tfrp rudder pedals that I hate very much because of their high static friction and choppy movement no matter how much i clean them. Should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Cannot wait to try them out.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    494.94 MB

Liked it. Useful information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123