Thread: Turn Off Auto Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Turn Off Auto Update

First off, I apologize if this may have been posted somewhere else, I tried looking, but quite frankly, there is way too much content to do so easily.

My question is: is it possible to turn off the Steam automatic updates and apply them manually once I'm ready to do so.

The reasoning: each time my game is automatically updated, I'm unable to join the servers I prefer to fly in until the management team gets around to updating the server version to match the current Steam version. I've scoured the settings in my Steam account and overlay, but have not found the tab/page that allows me to change this setting.

As always, I welcome any and all advice.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    324.93 MB

Re: Turn Off Auto Update

Got to the library, then you right-click on the game and click properties. There you'll find the menu-item UPDATES and can make your change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead69 View Post
    Got to the library, then you right-click on the game and click properties. There you'll find the menu-item UPDATES and can make your change.
    Thanks Redhead69, unfortunately there appears to be no option to turn off the auto update through the instruction you gave; whether it happens while I'm not playing the game, playing the game, or launching the game, the update occurs (see below), which by then is too late. I guess I just have to wait it out until the server gets updated to the current game version.

Steam_Update_Choices.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post
    Thanks Redhead69, unfortunately there appears to be no option to turn off the auto update through the instruction you gave; whether it happens while I'm not playing the game, playing the game, or launching the game, the update occurs (see below), which by then is too late. I guess I just have to wait it out until the server gets updated to the current game version.

Steam_Update_Choices.jpg
    It seems steam has disabled it.. I could think of a few solutions,

• Making a copy before an update of the game and launching the game from that copy, you could then have two separate game versions.
    • In settings, Downloads, enabling auto-update in times when you are sleeping for example, later in downloads at the bottom part of steam you can queue the updates for other games.
    • From the screenshot you sent, only updating the game when launching it, disable your internet connection for a moment, launch it, enable back internet connection.

I know these solutions are not convenient but it is what it is, let me know if it works for you and if you find any other solution.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    324.93 MB

You're right Padre...sorry.
    It seems, there is only one alternative: Set Steam to offline - what, in my view is far from optimal

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post

Steam_Update_Choices.jpg
    If you choose, "Only update this game when I launch it", you can stop it right away, as it tries to update when you are certainly aware of it.
    And I think you actually have to agree to update it before it even does.
    Last edited by Tibsun; Jan-15-2021 at 03:50.