Thread: How to get Hakenkreuz to show on generated schemes in Blitz 4 and 5 ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How to get Hakenkreuz to show on generated schemes in Blitz 4 and 5 ?

Hi,
    what add ons are there for Blitz v4.312 and now V5 to generate Hakenkreuz on tail fins of the opponents when I am flying spitfire , or on the generated skins of the rest of my schwarm if flying Me109E ?
    e.g. does the Hakenkreuz add-on from earlier versions still add such to the default skins ?

Does the earlier version's add-on still work or is there a new one ?

I know I can create a schwarm of 109s with hand made skins, but if I choose to fly hurricane against Me110, I need the AI generated Me110 aircraft with correct markings, else I am unable to make videos and stills, the whole reason for flying., as its photo realistic and great for this. Impossible to add onto the video in post processing.

So how do I get the Luftwaffe opponents to have historically correct tail fins when I am flying in a spitfire ?

Is there an old or new add-on that works, or do I now have to create a generic skin with hakenkreuz for the generated opponents to wear and where does this skin get placed ?

In fact as I now have correct Luft colours I wish to get used as the default un-coded schemes I need to know the answer to this last line anyway !

.....and I know the Hakenkreuz is not allowed in some countries so folk living there wouldnt use the add-on, models are not supplied with such but aftermarket decals can be bought by anyone, we dont ban the aftermarket decals should someone decide to act outside the law in their own country, but us Brits and the USA for example can view the Luftwaffe as they were, we have books and colour profiles, TV films, aircraft models, flying aircraft at airshows etc all with a correct looking scheme. Other symbols look stupid, blank just as bad, all attention is then drawn to that tail area, but when historically complete everything looks correct and no distractions. No different to the instances just mentioned. No one buys the book and then complains about the colour profiles inside ! Aircraft model builders are not arrested.

Cheers

BOBC

2. Likes Rostic, 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Re: How to get Hakenkreuz to show on generated schemes in Blitz 4 and 5 ?

Hi BOBC,

the Nazi swastika is a controversial topic. I guess it's the reason why nobody has tried to answer your questions so far.

I'm still relatively new here and don't know the complete history of this. Don't take my information as fully guaranteed please. Perhaps more informed ones will correct me if I'm wrong in something or they will add more information.

I have heard about some swastika enabler that could be used before. But from what I have learned, I suppose the swastikas have been removed completely from this sim (in the Blitz version?). If it's true, there is no way to enable them from outside. I suppose the only way how to put a swastika on Luftwaffe planes now is using your own skins. Or skins created by other people. There are skinners who create historically accurate skins.

If you want to have specific skins for all planes, including those controlled by AI, you have to select these skins manually for each plane in the mission. You have to do it in the Full Mission Builder. This is the only way I know of.

The correct Luftwaffe colours are the same case. You have to use your own skins to have the colours you like.

If you can create skins with historically accurate stuff - colours, insignia, etc., please do it and share them with us. I'm sure they will be highly appreciated. If they are good, I believe they can even be included in the sim as its standard part. With the exception of the swastikas of course. It is very unlikely they will return back as a standard part of the sim.

Josef

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Josef,
    The add on we had was broken with Blitz I recall, not sure if the author has fixed such. If folk choose to add such on I have no problem with that, as what they do in their own homes is ok. No different to Airfix producing decal sheets without Hakenkreuz and someone completing their competition model with an aftermarket sheet featuring such.

It is becoming apparent that one can edit the default skins, move the markings about with code, and edit the default skins in photoshop to have correct tail markings if one so wishes in a country that allows such, such as the UK, or USA, I have yet to locate the default skins, folders are empty, but they exist somewhere.

I hope to make progress on this just for myself of course.

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Hi BOBC,

the Nazi swastika is a controversial topic. I guess it's the reason why nobody has tried to answer your questions so far.

I'm still relatively new here and don't know the complete history of this. Don't take my information as fully guaranteed please. Perhaps more informed ones will correct me if I'm wrong in something or they will add more information.

I have heard about some swastika enabler that could be used before. But from what I have learned, I suppose the swastikas have been removed completely from this sim (in the Blitz version?). If it's true, there is no way to enable them from outside. I suppose the only way how to put a swastika on Luftwaffe planes now is using your own skins. Or skins created by other people. There are skinners who create historically accurate skins.

If you want to have specific skins for all planes, including those controlled by AI, you have to select these skins manually for each plane in the mission. You have to do it in the Full Mission Builder. This is the only way I know of.

The correct Luftwaffe colours are the same case. You have to use your own skins to have the colours you like.

If you can create skins with historically accurate stuff - colours, insignia, etc., please do it and share them with us. I'm sure they will be highly appreciated. If they are good, I believe they can even be included in the sim as its standard part. With the exception of the swastikas of course. It is very unlikely they will return back as a standard part of the sim.

Josef

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

The addon that was before BLITZ is working with BLITZ too, but must be run with Administrator rights. At least it worked for me before Tobruk.

I did not tested it with Tobruk, but I read on russian IL2 GB forum that it still works, but only with aircrafts from CLIFFS edition.

Link to addon that I used:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post230063

EDIT: Oh. Yes, Colander in two posts below remind me that there are at least to side effects:
    1) In single player campaigns (and in mupltiplayer too) aircrafts that already use custom skins with such marcings will have double haken kreuz on different positions that will look worse then clear tail.
    2) And removal of that markings not always work properly, so I did clear install (with removing of "PaintSchemes" folder in documents folder) when I wanted to remove them due to problem "1".
    Do not know about other side effects, at least on BLITZ version before Tobruk.
    Last edited by Rostic; Jan-28-2021 at 11:05.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Team Fusion and 1C Online games cannot endorse the use or facilitate the use of the haken kreuz or other such symbols and we cannot provide the means for the players to display these.

If players want historically accurate markings, then they can create their own skins or download skins created by community members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Jan-27-2021 at 23:01.
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

That tool will bring secondary effects. It should not be used other than with it's intended game version.

Needless to say that it is not related to TFS and, as such, is not supported by any means.

In other words, I recommend not to use it and use customs skins instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    The addon that was before BLITZ is working with BLITZ too, but must be run with Administrator rights. At least it worked for me before Tobruk.

I did not tested it with Tobruk, but I read on russian IL2 GB forum that it still works, but only with aircrafts from CLIFFS edition.

Link to addon that I used:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post230063

EDIT: Oh. Yes, Colander in two posts below remind me that there are at least to side effects:
    1) In single player campaigns (and in mupltiplayer too) aircrafts that already use custom skins with such marcings will have double haken kreuz on different positions that will look worse then clear tail.
    2) And removal of that markings not always work properly, so I did clear install (with removing of "PaintSchemes" folder in documents folder) when I wanted to remove them due to problem "1".
    Do not know about other side effects, at least on BLITZ version before Tobruk.
    Many thanks the stock solution for tail markings in CloD and DWT is weak in my opinion.The substitute in BoX ( see example below) is better ( again in my opinion,)but I'd rather have the real deal on all the German planes as we did before Blitz with the mod back then. So I'm hopeful this mod will work. The installer doesn't seem to like the path to the Steam/Steam apps install- I wonder why? I did simply place the entirely new "Skins" folder in & over the stock one, perhaps that's good enough? Your input greatly appreciated.
    BTW I wish some brave talented soul would do something like this for DWT German aircraft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blitzen; Feb-06-2021 at 17:22. Reason: change in thought

10. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

I am not a fan of re writing history. But most of us are not political extremists and if it offends some folk what does it matter if it is missing really. Why offend people unnecessarily, we should respect other cultures, sensibilities, and points of view. This is a game just as my Aces High III is a game and in that one we fly as Knights, Bishops or Rooks. Some really great planes in that game and who cares so long as you can identify which team you are flying for and have FUN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by AOB View Post
    I am not a fan of re writing history. But most of us are not political extremists and if it offends some folk what does it matter if it is missing really. Why offend people unnecessarily, we should respect other cultures, sensibilities, and points of view. This is a game just as my Aces High III is a game and in that one we fly as Knights, Bishops or Rooks. Some really great planes in that game and who cares so long as you can identify which team you are flying for and have FUN.
    I agree, I think my criticism is what is currenly being used as an alternative and of course this is probably just me , but using a late war fuselage cross on the tail is just well...horsey looking .Nothing on tail surfaces works better or the four lines that BOX uses successfully. BTW BoX has a mod that does place the correct historically correct Hakenkreuz on all the aircraft but can't be used by online players. That compromise works quite well ,I think..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

After adding the included skins from the mod above,what you get for default markings say on the Do-17( which is the only one I have so far looked at,) is the swastika now applied but the outlined German cross which is the default marking over printing it. Its a sort of improvement..I guess.Of course it doesn't apply to any of the new Luftwaffe aircraft like the 109F's at all .They remain sans tail markings.So there you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

It is odd that 1C allow modded skins to be installed with links available on their forums for BoX but CloD isn't allowed to do this?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    ... but the outlined German cross which is the default marking over printing it...
    I know that problem. You just have to run that mod with Administrator rights.
    Also correct markings should be visible only for properly selected regiment (staffel) for certain aircraft from COD edition.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    It is odd that 1C allow modded skins to be installed with links available on their forums for BoX but CloD isn't allowed to do this?
    There are plenty of community created skins with historical markings available for CLIFFS aircraft if users want them. Some of these downloads are hosted on forums.

1C does not allow posting of images with swastikas on their forums... the downloads are a different thing.

Regarding the 1C symbol on the tail... TF is not using this marking... it doesn't really resemble the historical marking and just adds to the confusion.

In our opinion, leaving the tail blank is a cleaner and simpler solution. Putting a Balkenkreuz on the tail is not historically accurate and doesn't look appropriate.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Feb-08-2021 at 17:56.

17. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, ATAG_Flare, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    1C does not allow posting of images with swastikas on their forums... the downloads are a different thing.
    Actually allows, at least on Russian speaking forum, but with some restrictions. Like only if screenshot shows skin based on real camo and photo is provided and all of them are hidden inside spoiler block and warning message added that historical markings presents on content hidden in spoiler block.