Thread: Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    47.52 MB

Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Wow I have been out of the loop for years, decided to reload on new PC, WOW what an improvement

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Ha ha! Welcome back, Biggin....and glad you like the 'changes!'

Yes, TFS have been beavoring away on our behalfs since....whenever....and have truly made the sim a fine piece of art. Here's hoping that your return to thr front line goes well and that you will soon join us down at Dispersal for a sortie or three.

The flight sim Community is still here and with many new members.

Come and join us on multiplayer as soon as you can! Good luck! Salute!

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    47.52 MB

Any easy way to load add on campaigns, The Battle of Britain 1940 by damperin for example

Thanks again

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Yeah agree totally, its brilliant. I bought BOS,BOP recently to get back into flights sims after many years of not playing much. (Used to love Rowans BoB and the dynamic campain)). BOS etc look great but the visibilty of other aircraft was really annoying me so I decided to fire up CLoD again to compare and it so much more atmospheric/immersive than BOX and you can actually spot and track the other aircraft. I liked it so much I bought Tobruk even though I not that interested in that theatre just to help support the team in the hope that the improvements keep coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Cheers, Rusty! Your support is perfectly appropriate and very much appreciated. Many thanks!

Hope to see you in the CLoD skies, soon! Good luck!

8. Likes Rusty, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Cheers, Rusty! Your support is perfectly appropriate and very much appreciated. Many thanks!

Hope to see you in the CLoD skies, soon! Good luck!
    More than welcome, well worth it.

Yeah definately, had a few goes in multiplayer this last few days but worried the air ministry will ground me for losing more aircraft on the ground than supply can match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Ha ha! I can well understand your nervousness, Rusty.

In fact, I flew single player for a whole year before plucking up the courage to try multiplayer. I was convinced I was tresspassing on somebodies private party and would be thrown out on my ear. No such thing happened but I took off from Lympne and ended up in Dover harbour on my 'brolly. Seeing the 109 behind me about to open fire was terrifying for a total newbie but I was quickly hooked and never looked back! I can promise you the stalwarts of multiplayer have wrecked more aircraft than you could count!!!!

I soon found the Community here to be so welcoming and supportive that I've never left! Give us a shout if you see me in multiplayer and we can 'wing up!' Good luck! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Rusty, and welcome to the forum.

I can't really add to what Marlow has said. Be sure to grab Teamspeak (great price: it's free! ) and look for any of us on any of the ATAG Teamspeak channels. Don't hesitate to introduce yourself, we welcome all new pilots. We fly for the fun and the camaraderie of it, and believe me - we all frequently goof up on taxiing, takeoffs, landings....you name it. Much to the amusement of those who, by luck or fortune, haven't done the same thing in the past half hour!

Hope to see you soon!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    ............ haven't done the same thing in the past half hour!

Ha haaaaaaagggggh!

Or......................the last five minutes!!!!! Salute!

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Thanks guys, nice welcome and great community.

I had greet fun last night on the server and got a few kills too which is a bonus. When you have a real pilot on your tail with that yellow nose 200 yards behind you it definately gets the heart pounding - cant imagine what that was like in real life. At least I can see what killed me, most of the time in BoX I never saw what hit me lol. (Marlow, I think you broke off one to leave for me which was cool)

Looking through the forum I see that there are occasion events - like historic enactment style meetups. Does that still happen? This seems the perfect sim for this although numbers may be an issue.

16. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Rusty....yes, great fun last night! I bore down from Angels 10 over Dungeness (English Point) onto about five 109's ,that were flying north, at low level. I singled one out and homed in but suddenly found another Spitfire in front of me. I was tempted to open fire on the blighter! Fancy nicking my kill!!! but then I thought: 'No! It might be that nice new chap, Rusty! Better not fire!' Ha ha!

Ha ha! Good fun had by all, I think...though I was late to the party because I had been on the Axis v Allies, dicing with Jeepy........basically 'running away bravely,' as Snargle would say!

Yes, there are a growing number of historically accurate events that are dotted through the calendar. The Italian Wing often hold an event on a Wednesday or a Saturday evening. There is a new Wellington Squadron that holds practice missions on a Thursday night and we plan a big Operation over the Easter period. Most of the servers can handle 80 or more pilots so numbers should not be an issue. These events are great fun and are for all the Community...which you are now a part off....so do join us for the next one. News of the event will be posted in the ATAG Forum, so keep an eye out.

In the meantime, most of us fly on the servers during most evenings, just like last night! See you there...bring your friends....and we'll have more fun! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Mar-18-2021 at 14:31.

18. Likes Rusty, ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Hawk liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Thanks guys, nice welcome and great community.

I had greet fun last night on the server and got a few kills too which is a bonus. When you have a real pilot on your tail with that yellow nose 200 yards behind you it definately gets the heart pounding - cant imagine what that was like in real life. At least I can see what killed me, most of the time in BoX I never saw what hit me lol. (Marlow, I think you broke off one to leave for me which was cool)

Looking through the forum I see that there are occasion events - like historic enactment style meetups. Does that still happen? This seems the perfect sim for this although numbers may be an issue.
    Glad you are having fun!

The next mission from ITAF has just been announced:
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...omment-1066921

Or maybe it will be updated here:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34736

Their events are the best. We had a BoB event happening Wednesdays but right now the are running a BoS campaign, so ITAF BoB Wednesdays have been put on hold for the time being. I hope they resume it soon.
    Last edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT; Mar-18-2021 at 09:28.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

20. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Hi Rusty....yes, great fun last night! I bore down from Angels 10 over Dungeness (English Point) onto about five 109's ,that were flying north, at low level. I singled one out and homed in but suddenly found another Spitfire in front of me. I was tempted to open fire on the blighter! Fancy nicking my kill!!! but then I thought: 'No! It might be that nice new chap, Rusty! Better not fire!' Ha ha!

Ha ha! Good fun had by all, I think...though I was late to the party because I had been on the Axis v Allies, dicing with Jeepy........basically 'running away bravely,' as Snargle would say!

Yes, there are a growing number of historically accurate events that are dotted through the calendar. The Italian Wing often hold an event on a Wednesday or a Saturday evening. There is a new Wellington Squadron that holds practice missions on a Thursday night and we plan a big Operation over the Easter period. Most of the servers can handle 80 or more pilots so numbers should not be an issue. These events are great fun and are for all the Community...which you are now a part off....so do join us for the next one. News of the evnt will be posted in the ATAG Forum, so keep an eye out.

In the meantime, most of us fly on the servers during most evenings, just like last night! See you there...bring your friends....and we'll have more fun! Salute!
    Apologies, I went for a nosey and he pulled right up into my sights at <100 yards - likely wouldnt have hit him otherwise lol. I saw you then and I bugged out a sec then saw you did too. I think thats what happened lol - thats what I put in the flight report anyway.

22. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52_J-HAT View Post
    Glad you are having fun!

The next mission from ITAF has just been announced:
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...omment-1066921

Or maybe it will be updated here:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34736

Their events are the best. We had a BoB event happening Wednesdays but right now the are running a BoS campaign, so ITAF BoB Wednesdays have been put on hold for the time being. I hope they resume it soon.
    Thanks, that looks class but complicated I will try and get teamspeak going and see if I can join if there is space. I can play tail end charlie and try and keep up.

24. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    ..... I will try and get teamspeak going and see if I can join if there is space.
    Ah! Now your talking, Rusty! Excellent decision! We look forward to chatting/laughing on Team Speak! Good luck! Salute!

26. Likes TWC_Fatal_Error, ATAG_Snapper liked this post