Thread: Historic Markings

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    234.19 MB

Historic Markings

Is there an historic markings folder/file/download that works with the latest version of Blitz/Tobruk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Historic Markings

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar 1 View Post
    Is there an historic markings folder/file/download that works with the latest version of Blitz/Tobruk
    No. There are community created historical skins if you want to use these in your game.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    234.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    No. There are community created historical skins if you want to use these in your game.
    Thanks I will look for them and download them. brilliant prompt reply much appreciated.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Hi Vicar - Creating custom skins for a whole staffel or whatever of Luftwaffe aircraft is very time-consuming, so what I do is create skins with no markings whatsoever except for the historical tail marking.

Then when you create a mission in the FMB you simply assign your own skins, make sure markings are switched 'on' and thereby let the game put on the codes and crosses etc, with your own historical marking appearing on the tail.

It just means that, for example, I just created four or so Bf 109 skins (a clean pre-August 1940 scheme, one similar but with camouflage blotches on the fuselage sides, and two more like these with yellow noses), and put the proper tail markings on. Having the game put on the codes etc looks fine, and I also sprinkle one or two custom skins through the unit as well - just makes screenshots look like you have a wide variety of paintschemes going on.

Only a true perfectionist would not be happy with that - I've settled for it as a good compromise!

5. Likes danperin liked this post