Thread: CloD and Tobruk crashes

Supporting Member 2./JG54 Chumleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

CloD and Tobruk crashes

Hello All,

I could use some help. I'm dead in the water ever since I purchased Tobruk. Both CloD and Tobruk crash my computer after a few seconds of flying single player. I've verified the files on via Steam but no issues come up. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea how to fix it?
    Also, when the game loads I see both titles and all the missions show up in the list for both games? Is it supposed to work that way?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

Re: CloD and Tobruk crashes

Any overlay running? Might not be pertinent nowadays but was a common cause years ago when people wanted Sweetfx or similar.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 2./JG54 Chumleigh View Post
    Hello All,

I could use some help. I'm dead in the water ever since I purchased Tobruk. Both CloD and Tobruk crash my computer after a few seconds of flying single player. I've verified the files on via Steam but no issues come up. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea how to fix it?
    Also, when the game loads I see both titles and all the missions show up in the list for both games? Is it supposed to work that way?
    Both titles will show up and missions show. I take you mean it crashes soon after you start a single player mission. Is it all single player and quick missions that are supplied with the game? I've not had any problems myself like that. If its missions from before the update or even blitz there maybe an issue with them. First place I would look at the bug tracking & error reporting thread here - thaat might get some clues to start. There is also a trouble shooting guide in the manuals section in the blitz steam install

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

do you use reshade, i found that some versions of reeshade cause CTD
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello All,

Please first of all delete the cache file in "Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/" after installing TOBRUK. If you don't, you will get visual anomalies.

Then verify your files.

If you are getting both titles coming up then there is a definite install issue.

Do you have the original 'CLIFFS OF DOVER' game still installed? If so, uninstall it... you should only have BLITZ installed.

Did you look at the "Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide"? Most of the common issues are explained and solutions included there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Karno View Post
    Any overlay running? Might not be pertinent nowadays but was a common cause years ago when people wanted Sweetfx or similar.
    Thanks Fred,

No that's not it.

7. Likes Fred Karno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    do you use reshade, i found that some versions of reeshade cause CTD
    No I don't use reshade but I'll keep that in mind.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Please first of all delete the cache file in "Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/" after installing TOBRUK. If you don't, you will get visual anomalies.

Then verify your files.

If you are getting both titles coming up then there is a definite install issue.

Do you have the original 'CLIFFS OF DOVER' game still installed? If so, uninstall it... you should only have BLITZ installed.

Did you look at the "Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide"? Most of the common issues are explained and solutions included there.
    Thanks, Buzzsaw
    I'll try deleting the cache file and uninstall Cliffs of Dover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks, Buzzsaw
    I'll try deleting the cache file and uninstall Cliffs of Dover.
    Please consider reading the "Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide"... it is very detailed and covers the most common install issues.

Located in your main "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover blitz" folder in 'manuals' folder. Same location as the aircraft manuals.