Thread: Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition.

Anyone bought one of these. How would having a seperate USB Throttle unit go with our game?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Re: Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition.

Hi,
    CloD allows you to use USB HOTAS without any problems, such as Trustmaster, Logitech and others. I personally have connected via USB, the jostyck, the ruder pedals and the throttle.
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

3. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

As Rontaila says, you can have all sorts of USB peripherals operating in this sim. A very useful item is a powered USB hub for a couple of reasons:

1) The hub only takes up one USB port on your PC, freeing up the remaining PC USB ports for other non-sim uses.

2) Provided you keep this powered USB hub permanently plugged into the same PC USB port, you won’t have to continually reassign your joystick, throttle, rudder pedals, etc in Clod’s CONTROLS section - which happens when you change USB ports. Welcome to the joys of Windows 10 which assigns each USB port a specific ID which Clod uses to identify your joystick etc. The powered hub keeps all your peripherals recognized by Clod - so long as you keep that powered USB hub plugged into the same PC USB port.

USB powered hubs are not expensive and are really handy.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Feb-02-2021 at 05:59.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Marlow, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I'm not an owner of, and have never used this stick, but I am a former A-319/A-320 pilot. For authenticity, TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition (TSAE), and TCA Quadrant Airbus edition throttles, as seen in the advertisements, look very much like the ones in the actual airplane. The down side is that Airbus throttles are, in my opinion, very unsuitable for manual engine control. As you can see in TM's pictures, the range of motion is quite short, like the real thing. The reason lies in the fact that all Airbus A320 controls are digital and designed for auto-throttles use in nearly all flight regimes. Even when you think you're controlling the engines, you're not... the Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) actually makes the motors go 'round. The pilot only provides a command to the FADEC with the throttles.

Longer, less authentic looking throttles, are much more realistically implemented in simulators having different aircraft types, especially those with piston engines or cable controlled jets. I suppose you could add an extension to these to make TSAE's feel right, if indeed they even can behave like analog throttle levers.

I'm a big Thrustmaster fan, so I'm not just "picking" on these... I just think there are better choices available for authentic USE (not appearance), especially in CLoD. For Airbus sims exclusively, they're probably terrific.

For realistic gameplay in CLoD, i recommend separate stick, throttles, and rudders. There's lots of good advice in these forums about which to select. My advice: Bring your checkbook.
    Last edited by Baffin; Feb-04-2021 at 14:42.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Nightdare liked this post